the judge speaks out...finally?

Thanks! :blowkiss:

ETA: I would love to see the transcript of that sidebar!

Done!
I edited/updated my post above(#16) and included the Sibebar transcript that I found

IF there were other sidebars that day I have not found any transcripts of them

That wasnt nice of me. :blush:

HHJP was shocked at the verdict-that is really interesting.

Didn't you think he was shocked? i was convinced he was - and angry - he absolutely stormed out of the courtroom!!

I received a text this morning about the judge being on Today but it was too late for me to watch. I did find this article:

http://www.fox8live.com/story/22171705/casey-anthony-judge-there-was-enough-to-convict

Judge Perry said there was enough evidence to convict (duh!) and he was shocked at the verdict and had to read it twice!

He compared Baez to a used car salesman. Jose now has a "Los Angeles-based spokesman". :eek:

The judge noticed the stormy, ranting FCA and how she'd calm down with the jury was present. So it wasn't our bias giving us a "false view" of her. We saw the real deal. Over the three years, we also got to know her family, and the apple didn't stray from that tree!

Perry said, "Justice will finally be served one day by the Judge of Judges".

ETA: I've been avoiding the Anthony stuff but I was curious about Judge Perry's thoughts, so couldn't resist. :blush:
Just couldn't watch. My heart is still too heavy. Wonder if I'll ever get over the injustice. oxoxox to Caylee

Just couldn't watch. My heart is still too heavy. Wonder if I'll ever get over the injustice. oxoxox to Caylee

I'm with you. Just saw a clip on HLN of the crowd outside the Courthouse the day the verdict came down chanting "justice for Caylee" and it made me tear up. I will never be ok with that verdict, never.

It still stings my heart that justice for Caylee's murder went unanswered... but, and this may sound weird, it was kind of soothing to actually hear Judge P open up and reveal that he felt the same way a majority of us felt. It doesn't lessen the sting, any, at all... but knowing he got the big picture... yeah, kind of soothing.

Please go back and read the all the negative comments left about Perry in just the last few days in the various Casey Anthony threads. Both Perry's image and reputation have been tarnished by this trial. People are over looking almost all his past work. He is forever linked to Casey Anthony.

I'm not understanding what you think could possibly be damaged???

:thud: That is some kind of ugly expression there.
Separated at birth?

Woodchuck9.jpg

WOW. Just watched this again. It is so freaking powerful in that it shows the real Casey. Simply amazing. IOW the media would play this again when talking about her in the news. Keep it out there for all to see exactly what they would be in bed with if and when that million dollar deal is done. Talk about "deal with the devil".....

One of the goods things about the judges comments is that he backed up the plea deal story that Jeff wrote about..... CM said he was lying about that story saying that it was the procecutions request to FCA for a plea and they were simply just presenting it to her out of their lawyer obligation to FCA. Now why would they be in a room screeming over a request of a plea that was just a formality and defense did not even want. I think we know who the liar is mr. Mason.

I was happy to see the judge on The Today Show yesterday. He looked good and I was glad to see that he was thinking the same things behind the bench that we were thinking during the trial.

Glad he came forward and gave his views -- and he didn't have to write a book to gain from either.

One of the goods things about the judges comments is that he backed up the plea deal story that Jeff wrote about..... CM said he was lying about that story saying that it was the procecutions request to FCA for a plea and they were simply just presenting it to her out of their lawyer obligation to FCA. Now why would they be in a room screeming over a request of a plea that was just a formality and defense did not even want. I think we know who the liar is mr. Mason.

I think she was also stark raving mad because her defense lawyer(s) thought she was no longer competent to continue with the trial...

No wonder he looked so small..JL said Perry lost about 50 pounds.

I think she was also stark raving mad because her defense lawyer(s) thought she was no longer competent to continue with the trial...

I would love to know what made her, stark raving guilty,go against all legal advice, refuse the plea and hold out for a very improbable "not guilty" and then actually get away with murder. (It's like she made a deal with the devil and he came through for her...what other explanation is there?!)

I would love to know what made her, stark raving guilty,go against all legal advice, refuse the plea and hold out for a very improbable "not guilty" and then actually get away with murder. (It's like she made a deal with the devil and he came through for her...what other explanation is there?!)

I had to think about this for quite a while because it sure seems like it - but I also realized a plea agreement would mean she'd have to plead to at least a degree of guilt in Caylee's "death".

I think she was willing to take her chances with a guilty verdict because she and her family could scream a miscarriage of justice and she was innocent.

But admit her guilt? She'll never do that. IMO

They can say whatever they like .. even the judge thinks they got it wrong. The only people who agree with them are the Defence Team .. who'd buy a used car from Baez anyway? Not me.

You weren't interested in a Pontiac Sunfire with an abandoned Toddler car seat in the back seat, a disappearing trunk stain, zero gas in it's tank, trunk trash and a horrible smell of a 2 year olds decomposition?

You weren't interested in a Pontiac Sunfire with an abandoned Toddler car seat in the back seat, a disappearing trunk stain, zero gas in it's tank, trunk trash and a horrible smell of a 2 year olds decomposition?

I personally was moments away from buying it... until I saw that squirrels had in fact already taken possession of the car. ;)

I was very glad to hear Judge Perry's opinions on the case. He's taken a lot of heat and he wasn't perfect during the trial, but I still like him.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back