TN - Joann, 31, & Adrienne Bain, 14, Whiteville, 27 April 2012 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a thought, one way would be to travel 80 miles in the back of a uhaul without seats or seat belts. If they happened to be tied up besides, nothing to stop you from rolling around and banging your head. Would heat prostration (80 miles in hot humid weather, maybe no water) or suffocation be a serious bodily injury?

Possibly. He did not look upset in the surveilence video and it was taken after he had dug the graves. Presumably they were dead by then. If he wanted them as part of his family you would think he would have been devastated by their death. He wasn't. I think he got rid of the ones that might fight him. He had to have known he might have to do this from the planning stages.

Based on the facts of the case, this is a very rational thought. Again, if you consider that Jo Ann and Adrienne might have died accidentally, the younger ones might not consider that AM "killed" them, if you get my drift, and they would not cause any problems. Or they may still think that the others will join them. As long as the girls don't cause a problem, and AM doesn't feel cornered or trapped, the girls should be safe. (Assuming AM in not a pedophile, and I somehow don't think he is-I don't know why)

I don't know why either, but AM doesn't 'feel' like a pedophile. There is something so much more desperate in his actions. A pedophile lays in wait, grooming.... AM was a part of the 'family' but didn't seem to send the same signals other pedos send. He seemed to genuinely love these girls!

I agree, I don't see trafficking or even molestation as his motive (not anymore, not with his mom and wife in on it, and the rumors of biological ties, how close they were for these kids' entire lives, etc.). But I must admit, I am a bit stumped as to what his actual plan was.

It seems too stupid to believe, but he must have planned from the beginning to kidnap all 4 people, because he enlisted the help of his mom and wife. If he had planned to kidnap just one or two children, he wouldn't have needed their help. So he knew he was going to be kidnapping multiple people and needed assistance. But WTH did he plan to do after that? It all makes no sense!

However, lots of criminals have made very stupid plans that seemed to have no possibility of succeeding. Just because a criminal PLANS, doesn't mean they plan WELL.

I wonder if that is why LE thought at first that JB may have gone willingly....it is just too hard to believe that someone would kidnap 4 people.

Where is it stated that the family in Florida is expecting AM anytime now?????

Or where did it say the 2 deceased's appearances had been altered???

____________________...
Posting via mobile as well as via tablet so plz forgive all typos.. Btwn the sucky touch keyboard and the obsessive auto-correct it's a big ol' mess :crazy:

Hi all! New to the forum, new to the case... well new to everything. Just caught up on the old thread and halfway through the new one but I have to post this cause it keep bothering me.

What is the reason there are no LE/News photos of the U-HAUL, is because AM is in it with the girls?!?

I haven't come across this theory yet, but seems likely to me. Sorry if someone already connected the dots to this before I caught up!

Now I go back to the middle of catching up!

Photos of himself with young girls is not a grooming behavior if he believes to be related. And why did the mother let him to take a girl on the trip?

That's true but I never said that the fact that he had photos of them on his FB is grooming behavior.

My statement is that there is an indication that he had the opportunity and may have been grooming the girls. The amount of time he spent with them, alone, and their apparent adoration of him as evidenced by those photos, show that, IMO.

http://wreg.com/2012/05/07/mayes-was-babysitter-of-missing-bain-girls/

And I can't answer for Joann. Since she's dead, we won't know her motivation but their girls' father can speak to that since he had to give permission as well.

In any event, millions of mothers unwittingly allow pedophile to have access to their children, believing them to be good guys who would never hurt a child. As we see on this site over and over again, for many, it is a belief with sometimes fatal results.

Hi all! New to the forum, new to the case... well new to everything. Just caught up on the old thread and halfway through the new one but I have to post this cause it keep bothering me.

What is the reason there are no LE/News photos of the U-HAUL, is because AM is in it with the girls?!?

I haven't come across this theory yet, but seems likely to me. Sorry if someone already connected the dots to this before I caught up!

:fireworks::welcome::fireworks:

I'm not sure. Could be.

I don't know why either, but AM doesn't 'feel' like a pedophile. There is something so much more desperate in his actions. A pedophile lays in wait, grooming.... AM was a part of the 'family' but didn't seem to send the same signals other pedos send. He seemed to genuinely love these girls!

That's what people thought of the monster who murdered Aliahna Lemmon. Until he decapitated her and stuffed body parts in his freezer as her sisters slept in another room.

That's true but I never said that the fact that he had photos of them on his FB is grooming behavior.

My statement is that there is an indication that he had the opportunity and may have been grooming the girls. The amount of time he spent with them, alone, and their apparent adoration of him as evidenced by those photos, show that, IMO.

And I can't answer for Joann. Since she's dead, we won't know her motivation but their girls' father can speak to that since he had to give permission as well.

In any event, millions of mothers unwittingly allow pedophile to have access to their children, believing them to be good guys who would never hurt a child. As we see on this site over and over again, for many, it is a belief with sometimes fatal results.

Her current husband is officially not the father of two older girls. And it's perfectly normal to spend a lot of time with children if he believed to be their (or one of them) father. It doesn't mean "grooming." Apparent adoration is also normal if he was spending a lot of time with the children in that case.

http://www.fstc.net/facts_info_childmolestation.htm

Pedophiles - Are adults who are sexually attracted to and desire children. Often they may work or volunteer with children in positions such as coaches, teachers, Boy Scout leaders, ministers/priests, school bus drivers, day care providers. Some pedophiles believe they are showing love for the child and do not understand or care that their actions are harmful. They are likely to be single or live with their parents or have a dysfunctional marriage. Most molest many children before they are caught. Treatment is rarely effective.

The wife of AM may have been afraid of him, idk. But you'd think once away from him, she could seek help?
The "serious bodily injuries" seem to be significant in the way the news presents it, I'm thinking he is more violent than we know. He could have cut them up for all we know.... Scary.

Welcome CrankyAngel!

This is plausible but a U-Haul would be easy to spot, even painted over. I just do not think he is on the road. I keep leaning the way of some sort of pre-determined hide-a-way.

He certainly had the opportunity, if that ends up his motivation (Again, not my theory, but I entertain most theories). Sad that you cannot always tell the good guys from the bad guys. I just cannot see putting kids in a bubble, though. They knew this guy for 12+ years, and as far as the kid's parents knew, he'd never been anything but good to them. Those pictures with AM, they look like genuinely happy kids.

Where is it stated that the family in Florida is expecting AM anytime now?????

Or where did it say the 2 deceased's appearances had been altered???

____________________...
Posting via mobile as well as via tablet so plz forgive all typos.. Btwn the sucky touch keyboard and the obsessive auto-correct it's a big ol' mess :crazy:

A page or two back someone said it was on a local newscast

As a thought, one way would be to travel 80 miles in the back of a uhaul without seats or seat belts. If they happened to be tied up besides, nothing to stop you from rolling around and banging your head. Would heat prostration (80 miles in hot humid weather, maybe no water) or suffocation be a serious bodily injury?

Well, death is a serious bodily injury.

Maybe they were bound and gagged, or duct taped then hidden under blankets. And suffocated that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie