OH OH - Stacey Colbert, 23, Columbus, 24 March 1998

audrey77

CJ Analyst
Reaction score
CHARLESTON -- Stacey B. Colbert, a 1993 Charleston High School graduate, had been presumed dead for some time following her disappearance in 1998 from her apartment in Columbus, Ohio.

Investigators gained grim confirmation of that presumption last week when a body found on Nov. 27 in farmland north of Columbus was identified as being Colbert, reported the NBC television affiliate in Columbus. Investigators are now trying to determine the cause of her death, which is considered an unsolved homicide.

Colbert was last seen on March 21, 1998, at her apartment. Her belongings, including her car, were left at her apartment building.

http://www.jg-tc.com/articles/2004/12/08/news/news03.txt

http://www.angelfire.com/mi3/mpccn/colbert.html

Stacey B. Colbert -- Unsolved Homicide

Case number: 1208
Incident location: State Route 257
Ohio - Delaware County
Incident date: 3/24/1998 - 11/27/2004 (Approximate)
Homicide date: Unknown
Date of birth: 2/3/1975
Race/Ethnicity: White
Height: 5'01"
Weight: 125
Hair color: Brown
Eye color: Brown
Law enforcement agency: Delaware County Sheriff's Office

http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=Bl5PAAAAIBAJ&sjid=LgQEAAAAIBAJ&dq=stacey%20colbert%20delaware%20ohio&pg=1674%2C199057

http://news.google.com/newspapers?i...q=stacey colbert delaware ohio&pg=5443,538890

http://findcarrie.conforums.com/index.cgi?board=crimes&action=display&num=1102283384

Stacey's body was found in a wooded area near the Scioto River off of State Route 257.

The area where her body was found is near Radnor, Ohio in northwestern Delaware County.

http://findstacey.tripod.com/

She went missing from an apartment complex "Governor's Square" which is near the corner of Henderson and Kenny in Columbus. I would call it a middle class neighborhood.

I lived in that complex some years later. It is known for being a complex that is popular with recent graduates and other young professionals. Usually about 10 min drive from campus. The units themselves are in the townhome style- everyone has a private door. Once you walk into the door, most units had a living room with a kitchen/eating area towards the back of the unit. A glass sliding door led to a small fenced in patio. Upstairs there was 2 bedrooms and a bath. There might have been one bedroom units- I just don't remember.

I wonder if the cold case solving of Stephanie Hummer kidnap/murder is linked to Stacey. They both lived in The Evans Scholar House...The man that murdered Stephanie Hummer didn't know her, crime of opportunity, and went free (probably murdering more) for over a decade. Just another roaming killer of young women.

There is an old message board still up with entries mainly from 2001 that has some additional information posted by someone who apparently knew her at least fairly well (probably a close friend or family member) & went through her apartment shortly after her disappearance. There''s no 100% verification of who posted them, but the details line up with other info that has been released on the case, such as in the article CastlesBurning posted above.

Last edited:
There is an old message board still up with entries mainly from 2001 that has some additional information posted by someone who apparently knew her at least fairly well (probably a close friend or family member) & went through her apartment shortly after her disappearance. There''s no 100% verification of who posted them, but the details line up with other info that has been released on the case, such as in the article CastlesBurning posted above.

It looks like her friends have started a Facebook page for this case. It's called Finishing Staey's Fight. It has been nearly 25 years and they are clearly looking for justice. There's a timeline at the top of the page. Something at the end of it keeps getting my attention, but I'm not sure what it is

Her friends and family have started a Facebook page for her
If you have any tips or information about the March 1998 murder or disappearance of Stacey Colbert, in NW Columbus, Ohio, shortly after her graduation from The Ohio State University, Fisher College of Business, please contact:
Detective Jeff Bessinger

email: jbessinger@co.delaware.oh.us
cell: 740-833-2892

I wonder if the cold case solving of Stephanie Hummer kidnap/murder is linked to Stacey. They both lived in The Evans Scholar House...The man that murdered Stephanie Hummer didn't know her, crime of opportunity, and went free (probably murdering more) for over a decade. Just another roaming killer of young women.
The two were never linked. Stephanie's killer is in jail - Gravely pleads guilty in 1994 killing of OSU freshman

In Stacey's case, police would still like to speak with close associates of Stacey, that retained legal counsel and refused polygraphs -
http://news.google.com/newspapers?i...q=stacey colbert delaware ohio&pg=5443,538890

WBNS-TV in Columbus, Ohio reported on their newscast that friends of Stacey Colbert are still seeking answers from her sudden disappearance 25 years ago.

An investigator from the Delaware County Sheriffs Office said that the disappearance of Stacey Colbert is still an open investigation and investigators are urging the public to contact them if they have any information related to the case.

Source:

Friends of Stacey Colbert still searching for answers in her disappearance, death 25 years later

Friends of Stacey Colbert still searching for answers in her disappearance, death 25 years later

Stacey-Colbert-main-art-d028d4.jpg

On March 24, 1998, Danielle Nusbaum said she felt her heart stop. “I saw a little light on my answering machine,” Danielle recalled. “I listened to the message saying Stacey hadn’t been at work yesterday and that she hadn’t been at work that day either.”

Stacey is Danielle’s younger sister. They lived just two miles apart in Columbus, Ohio.

“I ran over to her apartment,” Danielle said. “Her apartment door was open a little bit. Her refrigerator was open and there was pizza on the counter, there was milk on the counter.”

Danielle knew something was wrong. “I call the — the police right away,” Danielle continued. “That night was crazy.”

It was the night she found out her sister, 24-year-old Stacey Colbert, had vanished.

I just wanted to comment and possibly raise awareness for Stacey's case. I've been following her friends/family's posts on other social media sites regarding Stacey (ie, Finishing Stacey's Fight). The amount of posts is awesome to see and the is active as well, to hire a private investigator on her case. I'm not sure what I can link here, but I recommend checking it out! I'm sorry her friends and family have had to endure years of this, Stacey deserves her justice!

Stacey Colbert Voy Message Board Also, something that has bothered me about this case, are some of the posts on the old Voy Message Boards. There are a few "psychic" posts on the message board that are very disturbing to read. I apologize for anyone who knew Stacey, because I wouldn't recommend reading the posts. However, I did notify the Delaware Police Department, who was able to forward the info to the detective on the case. The posts are just very eerie and read like someone who was there/may have been involved. It could all be too far back to trace anything, but nonetheless, reporting anything is worth it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back