Not open for further replies.

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Police searching for missing Watson girl

[snip]

The sheriff's department reports Willow Long, 7, of Watson was reported missing by her parents at about 10:15 a.m. They believed she disappeared between 9 and 10:15 a.m., probably walking away from the family home.

http://effinghamdailynews.com/local...-for-missing-Watson-girl#sthash.JGJxo5L8.dpuf

UPDATE: Authorities Searching for Missing Watson Girl

A 7-year old girl is missing from Watson, and authorities are asking for help in locating her.

[snip]

Watson's Fire Department has been set up as a staging area for search teams as authorities comb the area for the girl. We spoke with Watson Fire Chief Matt Kulesza Sunday afternoon, who told us that at this time, search volunteers are not being sought, but those that show up to help will not be turned away. Kulesza said search dogs are on the way to help, and an Illinois State Police search plane is on standby.

[snip]

When Willow left home this morning, her mother says she didn't take her glasses.

http://www.thexradio.com/news/78-local-news/7442-authorities-searching-for-missing-watson-girl

thread #1

CASE MAP - https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?mid=zSOXr2WUMk3o.keHGwumstTfY

AmandaReckonwith's case compilation

Willow%20Long-600.jpg
Willow%20Long%202.JPG

uncle charged with first degree murder

Authorities have made an arrest in the murder of a 7-year-old girl who had gone missing from her home in Effingham County, Ill. over the weekend.
The body of Willow Long was found by four search volunteers in an area south of Watson around 7:30 p.m.
Justin DeRyke, 22, was arrested at 5:55 Tuesday morning and charged with first-degree murder. No other arrests have been made.
http://www.kmov.com/news/local/Body...uld-be-missing-7-year-old-girl-223108311.html

Everything seems to line up, yes. It doesn't look like a riverbed, but we can't see beyond the trees. It doesn't say where her body was found, it says just south of the rest area on Route 37...it's in walking distance of that though, because that's where the LE parked their cars.

thank you very much for finding it.

Beyond the trees is a railroad track. No river, though.

Edit: The riverbed is about 1/4 mile south of there. It's possible that is the exact location they fond the body (since there's no crime scene tape visible in the photo).

The uncle is scheduled to be in court at 1:00 p.m. CST. If anyone has any links to live streaming, please post them.

Thanks,

Salem

Thank you both so much!!!!!

Respectfully snipped by me. I think I know what you are talking about (felony murder). But I want to clarify that homicide is a felony and that you just need premeditation to get a murder 1 charge.

Yeah, I can't. She's a human, not a bug.

But she's not a pet or livestock. She's also not some poor older person slowly dying over months or years of a terminal illness, for that matter. She's a precious baby with her whole life ahead of her. Normal human instinct with such a child is to take all measures to preserve her life.

This is not a soldier with his guts hanging out on a WwI battlefield with no help for miles away or a cowboy shot to ribbons surrounded by Indians in the desert, begging his buddy to end it. Come on, guys. Let's get real. The instinct when seeing our loved one or any human in such a condition is to stop the bleeding and scream/run for help. This isn't a movie. It's real life.

I think it's pretty obvious this child was raped and murdered by her horrible uncle and I'm not sure why we're dancing around so hard to buy some version of this creep's totally implausible yet self-serving story.

Poor little kid.

Thank You! G

I have been out and see the new thread here, I missed some pages in the old thread....can anyone just fill me in as to whether or not the Mom is still saying she fed and put a movie on for Willow and her brother Sunday morning? If they are now saying she died Saturday night?? Thanks, in advance.

Kdub- We don't know what ANYONE is saying. We can assume the Grandpa's story came from the Uncle. We can assume the original timeline of events comes from the Mom.

I think JD told his dad that because he didn't want to see the disappointment in his face if he had to confess to murdering Willow. I think GPA wants to believe that, because the alternative is horrific.

CD's story is coming direct from SJM's interview. That is, everything other than NG crying and repeatedly saying Willow's name while he was pointing to the door, that is hearsay from CE. SJM just said he pointed.

JD's story is all hearsay from DD

Everyone else's story IE: town citizens/neighbors is hearsay from who-knows.

*headdesk*

[Edited to correct CE from TK]

rsbm

This is not a soldier with his guts hanging out on a WwI battlefield with no help for miles away or a cowboy shot to ribbons surrounded by Indians in the desert, begging his buddy to end it. Come on, guys. Let's get real. The instinct when seeing our loved one or any human in such a condition is to stop the bleeding and scream/run for help. This isn't a movie. It's real life.

I think it's pretty obvious this child was raped and murdered by her horrible uncle and I'm not sure why we're dancing around so hard to buy some version of this creep's totally implausible yet self-serving story.

Poor little kid.

BBM - that's why I said that I couldn't imagine not getting help if there was the slightest chance of saving them. There are remote areas where help may be hours away. But help could have been sought quickly for Willow so it's a moot point. And I don't think it's relevant here because I think the Uncle made that part up at the very least.

Do we know if the hearing will be streamed anywhere?
I'm imagine it will be short--I don't want to miss the presser...

Thinking of Willows family today :(

Court is set for 58 minutes from right now (give or take some seconds). I'm going to sleep and set my alarm.

CD's story is coming direct from SJM's interview. That is, everything other than NG crying and repeatedly saying Willow's name while he was pointing to the door, that is hearsay from TK. SJM just said he pointed.

JD's story is all hearsay from DD

Everyone else's story IE: town citizens/neighbors is hearsay from who-knows.

*headdesk*

?? Is that your opinion or from an article?

Are there neighbors close to the crime scene. I made a comment about the scene being noisy and was replied to that maybe the stick punctured Willows vocal chords or her throat was filling with blood. I wasn't necessarily stating that Willow would be making the noise in this situation. I've never been near someone dying tragically. I have never ended someone's life either. I assume this uncle hasn't either. How did he remain so quiet? The little brother didn't wake up. If mom was home, she didn't wake up. If there were neighbors, they didn't wake up.

Remember Jodi Arias and the incredible lies she told?

Soon we may know something

Being impaled by a stick is different than a pencil,for instance.

A pencil is usually the same diameter. A stick is not smooth and has varying diameters and bumps.

Taking an object out that has impaled you is not the thing to do. The object is acting like a plug to stop bleeding.

Hard to see that with a stick that has made a a hole of varying sizes. I cannot imagine that there would not be blood.

Aside from the fact that I think it was Ninjas. Never mind, different story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie