PA PA - Tracy King, 14, Littlestown, 8 July 1975

Were the staff at the school thoroughly checked out? Was the building throughly searched?

I do not know how thoroughly the School staff was questioned or if any of them were considered as suspects in Tracy's disappearance.

It was very likely the school staff who noticed her missing and initiated the search for her. The school most likely took roll call at various times and provided police investigators with that information.

This school is located southeast of Gettysburg in the direction of Littlestown. It has been theorized that Tracy left the school on her own for some reason and may have been picked up on one of the roads leading from the school to the main highway between the two towns. But that is only theory, not fact at this point.

There is definitely some confusion surrounding this case.

There were a couple of articles in the Gettysburg Times archives.

One is the 1975 article that was mentioned on page one of this thread:

Police report that Stephanie Capwell, 16, and Tracey King, 14, left the Hoffman home, Littlestown R.D. on Tuesday and have not returned. They described Miss Capwell as a Hawaiian, five feet one inch tall weighing 100 pounds with black hair and brown eyes. Miss King was described as five feet three inches tall, weighing 110 pounds, red hair and blue eyes.

I had done a quick search awhile back for Stephanie, and found a classmates or similar site where it appeared that she had signed up with Hoffman Homes as her school. I assumed she was no longer missing.

After being in contact with one of Tracy's family members who was interested in trying to contact Stephanie, I looked further and can't find any other record of her. After looking more at the classmates entry, there was no contact info, really no data that indicates she ever signed up. Anyone could have put that there from a yearbook, etc. Now I think they are both missing.

Another article from 2010 states:

It was 35 years ago when Tracy King went roller skating with a group of kids from Hoffman Homes for Youth. It was then that she disappeared and she is still missing to this day.

Tracy's mother was vocal at the time, she is quoted as saying that nobody notified her that Tracy was missing for at least a week, and that in the time following Tracy's disappearance her husband passed away, her house burned down, and she broke her neck in a car accident.

She is still alive from what I was told, but in poor health.

There is definitely some confusion surrounding this case. ...
Police report that Stephanie Capwell, 16, and Tracey King, 14, left the Hoffman home, Littlestown R.D. on Tuesday and have not returned. They described Miss Capwell as a Hawaiian, five feet one inch tall weighing 100 pounds with black hair and brown eyes. Miss King was described as five feet three inches tall, weighing 110 pounds, red hair and blue eyes....

I wonder if Hawaiian newspapers might have had something on this. If Stephanie went missing, perhaps people would be searching for her in her home state, and family there might want to let people through the newspaper.

This is the first I have heard of Stephanie and Tracey went missing directly after rolling skating? Hmmm. Do we know the names of the cops who investigated the case?

And why would anyone pose as Stephanie and sign up with that site?

And why would anyone pose as Stephanie and sign up with that site?

I don't think anyone was necessarily posing as her. I think some people (possibly even the site itself) goes through yearbooks and enters all the names. Then when people search for the names, it drives traffic to their site.

This is the first I have heard of Stephanie and Tracey went missing directly after rolling skating? Hmmm. Do we know the names of the cops who investigated the case?

There might be an officer's name in one of the articles. I'm sure I transcribed them when I paid to view them so I will check later tonight sometime.

Tracy has been missing now for 39 years.

Many questions surrounding her disappearance. Did she go missing with another girl? Was she with a group of students? Had she simply walked off on her own?

Hoffman School was/is located between Littlestown and Gettysburg, PA.

Was her disappearance related to other cases of missing girls around that time frame?

Bumping for Tracy and hoping for some progress.

latest
latest

2nd photo (even though blurry) has just appeared on Tracy Anne King wiki site
http://unidentified.wikia.com/wiki/Tracy_King

NamUs profile:
Dental Status: Dental information / charting is available and entered
DNA Status: Sample submitted - Tests complete
https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/2493/

Comments on blog under Tracy Anne King story

Tricia says:
January 8, 2014 at 12:59 pm

Tracy’s mother and sisters are still alive and well. They all continue to search for Tracy.. She also has a younger brother whom she has never met. If anyone has any details on Tracy or her case please contact me. Thank You
whereaboutsstillunknown says:
December 27, 2014 at 8:16 am

Tricia,

I’m not sure if you got my email awhile back. I did finally speak to the detective. He told me that Stephanie is no longer missing and that she did return. I asked him what, if anything, she was able to offer about Tracy’s disappearance, and he wanted you to call him. He would not discuss details with me as I am not a family member. If you didn’t get my email, let me know and I will find that info again.
https://whereaboutsstillunknown.wordpress.com/2013/04/01/tracy-king/

With the recent developments in the missing Lyon Sisters Case (Sheila and Katherine missing since 25 March 1975) in which Lloyd Lee Welch, Jr. pled guilty), I wonder if LE has asked about Tracy's disappearance or if they have any information which might link the two cases.

Unsolved cases: These four mysteries remain active decades later

On July 8, 1975, Tracy King, 14, ran away from Hoffman Homes, 815 Orphanage Rd, Littlestown, and still has not been located. King had run away four times before.

There was no concrete evidence that this case was a homicide, and police continue to re-interview people in relation to this case.

A DNA sample provided to police by her mother, Patricia Houseman, was entered into the missing persons database.

King was staying at Hoffman Homes for personal problems, but she still stayed in contact with her family.

What would you like to know about her family?

Tricia, that post was from 2012. We since know the mom has going through considerable issues, like losing a home, partner, and getting injured.

Tracy, where are you?

There are still a lot of unanswered questions and conflicting stories in regard to Tracy's disappearance.

LINK:

Tracy King

Tracy Anne King, Missing 8 July 1975, Littlestown, PA
TKing.jpg
TKing1.jpg
TKing2.jpg

Left: King, circa 1975; Middle: Age-progressed image of King at age 44 (circa 2005); Right: Age-progressed to 52 years

Tracy Anne King
Missing since July 8, 1975 from Littlestown, Adams County, Pennsylvania.
Classification: Non Family Abduction

Vital Statistics

• Date Of Birth: October 11, 1960
    • Age at Time of Disappearance: 14 years old
    • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'3; 110 pounds
    • Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Red hair; blue eyes.
    • Marks, Scars: King has a scar on her right ankle. She has pockmarks on her temple.
    • Dentals: Available
    • DNA: Available
Circumstances of Disappearance
King was last seen leaving Hoffman Homes, a children's home in Mount Pleasant Township, Pennsylvania on July 8, 1975.

King was having problems at the time and was living at the home as a result. She had run away from the facility twice before, but King returned shortly thereafter both times. She has never been heard from again.

King wrote her family often from her stay in the home. Her letters are described as being those of a normal teenager at the time.
King's family resided in Perry County, Pennsylvania in 1975.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning King's whereabouts, please contact:
Pennsylvania State Police
Troop H, Gettysburg Station
717-334-8111
--
Pennsylvania State Police Bureau of Criminal Investigation
Missing Persons Unit
717-783-5524

All information may be submitted on an anonymous basis.
Agency Case Number: H6-16329

NCMC701787
NCIC Number: M360386548
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
The Doe Network
The National Center For Missing and Exploited Children
NamUs MP #2493

LINK:

The Doe Network: Case File 342DFPA

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics