CA CA - Johnnie Herrera, 20, Oxnard, 27 Aug 1971

Yeah, that link asks for some type of code to view the article.

The more I read about Kearney, the more I think Johnnie fits the profile of many of his victim. From what I gather, many of Kearney's victims were young, attractive Latino males. Johnnie may have just been in the wrong place at the wrong time.

I e-mailed you the article, I hope that is ok. I got a code from the Long Beach library to access the database and have wasted too much time with it.

I know I am 42 years after the fact, but I would really like to know if Patrick Kearney had been in Oxnard back then because I really think it is a possibility that for some reason or another their paths crossed and that is why Johnnie went missing.

Thanks. I got it. I think Kearney is a very good suspect in Johnnie's disappearance.

I have a suggestion.

Most libraries will do a quick lookup for you if you ask, if you tell them that you do not live in the area of the library.

There is probably a city directory or Haines Criss-Cross directory that can be searched by address. Have you considered asking the library to search the block in Oxnard where the party was held? That should give you a list of people who lived there.

You may also ask them to look up JJH by name to find out where he lived at the time. I don't think 'unlisted' numbers existed yet then.

Johnnie has been missing 42 years today.

It was 42 years ago today that Joe Herrera reported his brother missing to the Oxnard PD.

I live so close to where Johnny went missing from. Have there been any cold case stories in the local paper (Ventura County star) about this? Maybe it would get some renewed interest in the case.

Subscribing, because I've been following this case off and on over the years.

Also, I'm kinda aggravated about the email Bobby88 received from the department handling this case. It's been over 40 years! They need to get over themselves and give the public something to work with. I doubt they're dedicating any time to it, and certainly not as much time as Bobby has.

Subscribing, because I've been following this case off and on over the years.

Also, I'm kinda aggravated about the email Bobby88 received from the department handling this case. It's been over 40 years! They need to get over themselves and give the public something to work with. I doubt they're dedicating any time to it, and certainly not as much time as Bobby has.

Thanks, Tracy. Johnnie and his twin brother Joe's birthday is this month on the 17th. Johnnie would have been 63.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or theories about Johnnie's case.

Happy birthday, Johnnie. You'd be 63 today.

I sent the El Toro UID into Det. Fenton on Monday. She sent me an e-mail this morning thanking me and saying she'd look into it.

Such strange case... and even stranger the email response from police withholding info on the case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back