IL IL - Richard Griener, 13, Pekin, 17 Jan 1972

You never know. In a totally different case, I had a vivid dream once where I saw Jack the Ripper. He was a teenage boy although I didn't get a name.

Well again this is just a dream but i was in the boys shoes not necassary this child but saw it clear as day, scary i had it a few times before i came here then when looking just wonderd through threads then came here to this case....... very similar even though its most likely nothing

I'm not discounting Guatney but I wonder why cases like Gacy and the Babysitter Murders haven't been more prominently looked at in connection with Griener's disappearance and presumed killing.

Excluding Guatney, those killers as well as Hansen kept their murders local at least as far as we know.

Guatney is the best suspect of known killers, in my opinion, and it's possible that the urge to kill was so strong he went ahead and acted in a winter month. Although I think the possibility of Richard being struck by a car is also very likely. Did we ever determine if his sled was found or not?

Could be but I'd be surprised if Guatney would even be around here in the winter.

I suppose Guatney could have been there by accident, having hopped the wrong freight.

Unfortunately, the best suspect doesn't seem to be a very good suspect in my view.

And the ground is appropriately covered with fresh snow today

It appears that Richard's mother, Helen, died a few weeks after the 40th anniversary of his disappearance and that his maternal grandmother died last year at the age of 105. As far as I can tell, his father and sister are still living.

It looks like the family left Pekin some time after the disappearance and moved to Quincy, IL

Richard's mother is apparently buried in Missouri.

Thanks for all information in Richard's case!

Is the general consensus after all these years that this was an abduction? Or Richard was hit by a car, the driver panicked and hid his body? Sadly, I lean towards an abduction.

In revisiting the case, has any new evidence come to light?

Here is some information on Richard's case. Most of it I think we already know, but the last site entry gives Richard's address, or at least a partial address, at the time he disappeared:

http://z10.invisionfree.com/usedtobedoe/ar/t7451.htm

Satch

Yes, that is the Richard's address. The family has not lived there for many years. I have seen the house which is on a cul-de-sac type street. It is visible from the street that Brentwood Court intersects with so I didn't have to actually turn into the cul-de-sac.

Thanks for all information in Richard's case!

Is the general consensus after all these years that this was an abduction? Or Richard was hit by a car, the driver panicked and hid his body? Sadly, I lean towards an abduction.

In revisiting the case, has any new evidence come to light?

Here is some information on Richard's case. Most of it I think we already know, but the last site entry gives Richard's address, or at least a partial address, at the time he disappeared:

http://z10.invisionfree.com/usedtobedoe/ar/t7451.htm

Satch

I think the general consensus is abduction. There isn't any new evidence that I've seen lately.

It's hard for me to imagine him being hit by a car and not leaving some evidence behind like blood, teeth, hair or clothing fibers.

It's hard for me to imagine him being hit by a car and not leaving some evidence behind like blood, teeth, hair or clothing fibers.

I agree, you would expect maybe evidence of a collision, possible tire marks, and somebody in town with unexplained damage to their vehicle. I think he was taken into a vehicle, either willingly thru coercion of some type, or by force.

I don't know how well the roads had been cleared but, if they were still snow covered, any blood would have stood out like a beacon.

I doubt that there were more than a couple of reasonable routes home.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lee k
Back