GUILTY MN - Katricia Daniels, 36, & Robert Shepard, 10, murdered, Minneapolis, 11 June 2008

PrayersForMaura

Help Find Maura Murray
Reaction score
MINNEAPOLIS (June 18) - Two teenagers were charged Tuesday in the killings of a woman who was stabbed and cut more than 100 times and her 10-year-old son, who had a television smashed over his head, prosecutors said.

Stafon Edward Thompson, 17, and Brian Lee Flowers, 16, both of Minneapolis, were each charged as adults with first-degree murder in the deaths of Katricia Daniels, 36, and her son, Robert Shepard. If convicted, the teens face life in prison without the possibility of parole.

According to criminal complaints, Thompson and Flowers blamed the killings on each other. They allegedly knew Daniels through her 15-year-old son, who lives in Chicago.

The boys indicated that robbery was a motive, but Hennepin County Attorney Mike Freeman doubted that, noting the extreme violence. The only thing apparently taken was Daniels' cell phone.

"We don't know why this murder was committed and we may never know why. The level of violence associated with this crime is difficult to comprehend and difficult to imagine," Freeman said.

http://news.aol.com/story/_a/2-teens-charged-in-mother-son-killings/20080618100409990001

Every time I think I have just about read it all when it comes to shocking crimes, another one comes along that shocks me to the core. I will never understand the inhumanity in some to hurt others so badly and for what!!:doh:

I am amazed that they smashed a TV over the young boy's head. I could not even imagine doing that to anyone, let alone a youngster :(

And the excessive stabbing.... this seems to over-the-top.
:(

I watched a documentary last year about the influence of TV violence on real crimes and I remember they showed a clip from a horror film of a man being killed by having a television set smashed over his head. I'll bet they saw that film. It sounds as though these were two sick twisted boys acting out some evil fantasy. It sickens me imaging how frightened the poor little boy must have been. :furious:

From April 2009:

http://www.startribune.com/teen-found-guilty-in-murders-of-minneapolis-mom-son/43884232/

Stafon Thompson was convicted last month and sentenced to life in prison for the killings of 35-year-old Katricia Daniels and her 10-year-old son, Robert Shepard, in their duplex in Minneapolis' Kingfield neighborhood in June.

District Judge Mark Wernick gave Flowers an identical sentence on Tuesday. Neither man will be released, although both convictions are automatically appealed.

The jury reached a verdict after hearing closing arguments Tuesday morning and deliberating throughout the afternoon.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back