GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 #15 *appeals denied*

JMO, but I think the thing he allegedly was seen carrying that night is likely to have been some sort of battling staff.

Remember, at one point during the hearings, IIRC, the judge first ruled that certain "possible weapon" type items seized from SM's apartment would NOT be admissible at trial, only bladed instruments (such as might have been used in dismemberment, I assume); but the prosecution made a fuss and the judge changed the ruling to ALSO allow some type of stick or bat or something similar.

ETA: Adding a quote and a link about what I just discussed:

...Simms reversed a previous ruling that would have excluded alleged evidence regarding guns, a baseball bat and duct tape found in McDaniel’s apartment. The items were deemed admissible because of violence-related “SoL” postings that refer to using such things....
http://www.macon.com/2014/01/06/2865096/hearing-in-mcdaniel-murder-case.html

Also, remember the "perfect murder talk" guys? One of them had this to say a while back:

...Garrison also mentioned that McDaniel had a hunting knife and a “staff stick that McDaniel used to often swing at him and come about 3 inches from his face,” MacDonald wrote in a report....
http://www.macon.com/2013/10/27/2740541/perfect-murder-talk-may-figure.html#storylink=cpy

I still don't know whether SM harmed Lauren or, if he did, how he did it. Must wait for all the evidence of the trial.

I will say that, given SM's focus on weapons/personal protection as reflected in some of his chan posts and the fact that he did NOT have a carry permit for his guns, it would not surprise me at all if he habitually carried something like a staff if he decided to stroll around at night in the neighborhood of Barristers Hall.

Did the witness SAY THAT IT WAS LAUREN? I think perhaps it's pertinent for the witness to testify to that noise because LG car was home and her personal items were still in her apt and the door stick had not been placed yet as she had not yet settled in for the night or rather never got a chance to.

It establishes that McD was home indeed and was lurking around in the dark with some long object not to mention her undies among other things suspicious were in McD apt.........

Wasn't her blood discovered in her apt by luminol testing as well

YES SHE WAS HOME that can be deduced and that noise was probably LG and/or MD

bbm: I think the latest we got on this was: Though luminol indicated the possibility of the presence of blood, further testing did not confirm the presence of blood.

bbm: I think the latest we got on this was: Though luminol indicated the possibility of the presence of blood, further testing did not confirm the presence of blood.
Thanks, what about the hacksaw? I recall there was presence of LG blood somewhere.

Also, was about to post in regards to the "stick" SMD was allegedly carrying from behind the apt, could have been an axe from the storage room by the Laundry Mat, was it determined that's where the hacksaw came from, anyway, I know the storage room was discussed, as he did have keys to that, the storage being located at the opposite end of the complex, behind his and LG apt, he and LG apt fronting the street, so he would appear to be coming out of the woods/adj lot if he was on the left side of the building, lurking, where the large trash container was located, if on the right, it's the driveway down into the complex

Try not to think too deep on HOW it happened, WHAT was discovered was bad enough

I pray for LG family and think of them often

Affidavits: Sounds heard in Giddings’ apartment last night she was seen
By AMY LEIGH WOMACK and JOE KOVAC JR.
Telegraph staff
April 11, 2014

The girlfriend of a man who lived in the apartment beneath Lauren Giddings says she saw Giddings’ accused killer toting “a large stick” and later heard “movement” in Giddings’ residence the last night Giddings was seen alive.

Prosecutors filed a motion this week seeking a judge’s order to compel the girlfriend to testify at Stephen McDaniel’s murder trial, which is set to begin April 28 in Henry County and last about two weeks.

Read more here: http://www.macon.com/2014/04/11/304...aniel-in.html?sp=/99/100/&ihp=1#storylink=cpy
Two witnesses ordered to testify in McDaniel case
Bernie O'Donnell
2:44 p.m. EDT April 11, 2014

Cooke claims that while waiting in the car outside the apartments, Boyd saw McDaniel "walking from the side of the apartment building where the garbage cans were kept while carrying a large stick-like object."

Cooke adds: "After seeing Stephen McDaniel outside the apartment, Ms. Boyd left the vehicle and went inside Mr. Bostic's apartment. While inside the apartment, she heard movement from above in the victim's apartment which aids the State in establishing a timeline of events."
Stay requested in McDaniel civil case
By AMY LEIGH WOMACK and JOE KOVAC JR. Telegraph staff
March 31, 2014

In an “unopposed motion” to stay the civil proceedings until after Stephen McDaniel’s criminal trial, the Giddingses’ lawyers allege that McDaniel’s lawyer has said “he was instructed not to answer the discovery by Judge Howard Simms.”

Read more here: http://www.macon.com/2014/03/31/3022737/stay-requested-in-mcdaniel-civil.html#storylink=cpy

Thanks, what about the hacksaw? I recall there was presence of LG blood somewhere.

Also, was about to post in regards to the "stick" SMD was allegedly carrying from behind the apt, could have been an axe from the storage room by the Laundry Mat, was it determined that's where the hacksaw came from, anyway, I know the storage room was discussed, as he did have keys to that, the storage being located at the opposite end of the complex, behind his and LG apt, he and LG apt fronting the street, so he would appear to be coming out of the woods/adj lot if he was on the left side of the building, lurking, where the large trash container was located, if on the right, it's the driveway down into the complex

Try not to think too deep on HOW it happened, WHAT was discovered was bad enough
Tomkat, the "sticks" weren't axe handles. One was four feet long, and the other six feet long. Probably something along the lines of a "staff" like BW said.

The hacksaw was found in the storage room, It held the DNA of "three or more". Lauren definitely was one of them, as she was a "major contributor". With McD, there's a much lower probability that he's a match for DNA found on the hacksaw. He's a possible contributor.

See p. 294

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/540762-mcdaniel-defense-motions-351-pages.html#wgt=rcntnews

I pray for LG family and think of them often.
So do I, tomkat.

This is how it is to be on the fence in this case:

I find myself having a series of conflicting thoughts like...

"Maybe he was out back there checking on the kittens ..."

(Remember, early on, the neighbor talking to a reporter about him showing her some kittens in the bushes?)

"...What if he lured Lauren out to see the kittens...?"

"...Oh, I hope he didn't hurt the kittens..."

Ouch! Sounds like you're straddling a couple of fences BW. LOL!

(Remember, early on, the neighbor talking to a reporter about him showing her some kittens in the bushes?)

Yeah I thought about the kittens too, can't recall if the neighbor said that happened recently but if it did then that would make sense.

Carrying a staff/walking stick or whatever does sound like something SMD would do, however using a 4 foot stick as a murder weapon of choice indoors seems highly impractical and unweldy.

This is how it is to be on the fence in this case:

I find myself having a series of conflicting thoughts like...

"...What if he lured Lauren out to see the kittens...?"

"...Oh, I hope he didn't hurt the kittens..."

YOu know that's interesting you brought that up, YES I REMEMER the kittens and early on there was a dead animal over there, then suddenly there was the finding of LG torso after some authority came out to check out the yard for smells and alleged animal remains or parts?, is that right, I think this came up before, I jsut keep thinking in circles every time there's a little more evidence revealed?

But doesnt it seem like he's always a rescuer, placing himself in her life or something?? her dog, then possibly her, then maybe the kittens you mention that the lady downstairs reported him staring at so intently. I just always wondered if all that was connected to this case, maybe the dead animal was to mask the smell later?

I still look at him and think he looks weird but weird doesnt' make someone a murderer, (necessarily) but I just dont' picture him doing it becuase he seems a weakling, but the more that's revealed the more I think he did

Yeah I thought about the kittens too, can't recall if the neighbor said that happened recently but if it did then that would make sense.

Carrying a staff/walking stick or whatever does sound like something SMD would do, however using a 4 foot stick as a murder weapon of choice indoors seems highly impractical and unweldy.

shovel handle, they are about 4 ft long without the spade, don't seem like you could bludgeon someone with a small long stick but people do use axes, if it was the night of the disappearance and there was noise in her apt, maybe she was already dead and the noise they heard was him and not lauren

Did anyone dig, even if the dogs didnt' catch a scent?

I guess the question for the prosecutors would be "did you hear the sound in SMD apt simultaneous to the sounds in LG apt or at the same time?"

and

"did SMD seem out of sorts in any way? Dirty? glassy eyed? or did he seem casual and friendly when he waved back?

I guess the question for the prosecutors would be "did you hear the sound in SMD apt simultaneous to the sounds in LG apt or at the same time?"

I am thinking the question would be "So SMD stated he was home that evening and now you have found a witness to testify to the fact he was telling the truth?" Well actually I expect the defense will direct that question to the witness.

The witness could claim all sorts of things, she could claim she saw SMD carry a severed head down the apartment stairs making a huge puddle along the way and presenting a risky slip hazard. Without physical PROOF confirming that.... well..... the door to reasonable doubt is about a mile wide. She saw a neighbor that day and he/she said "hi" to each other. Okay then, that must be proof that he is a psycho killer.

The prosecution is grasping at straws. I suspect the prosecution will lose badly and it is quite dicey regarding whether a civil suit has a chance.

I am thinking the question would be "So SMD stated he was home that evening and now you have found a witness to testify to the fact he was telling the truth?" Well actually I expect the defense will direct that question to the witness.

The witness could claim all sorts of things, she could claim she saw SMD carry a severed head down the apartment stairs making a huge puddle along the way and presenting a risky slip hazard. Without physical PROOF confirming that.... well..... the door to reasonable doubt is about a mile wide. She saw a neighbor that day and he/she said "hi" to each other. Okay then, that must be proof that he is a psycho killer.

The prosecution is grasping at straws. I suspect the prosecution will lose badly and it is quite dicey regarding whether a civil suit has a chance.

haha, true but there is other circumstances that make him look suspicious if not guilty, we know the prosecution has to ask something ! LOL, but the bigger picture is certainly more damning, anyway, we shall see, I have no idea what the jury will think, I know what I think

Prosecutors contend that Boyd’s recollection of hearing sounds coming from Giddings’ apartment “aids the State in establishing a time line of events,” an affidavit states.
Read more here: http://www.macon.com/2014/04/11/304...aniel-in.html?sp=/99/100/&ihp=1#storylink=cpy

No physical proof needed to establish a timeline from eyewitness testimony.

:bdsong:

Happy belated birthday, BW!

XOXOXO

Awww, DITTO !

:cupcake:HAPPY BELATED Birthday Backwoods !:thewave:

Just a discussion and updating my niece on the case she brought up something interesting, don't recall if it's been discussed here before except LG being afraid of "Macon Hoodlums" that she allegedly mentioned in her last email (or not)

But my niece wanted to know why she had teh doorstop there at all..............unless she was particularly afraid of someone nearby

She went on to say that if she (my niece) had two normal looking and normal acting fellows living below and beside her, she would not have ever thought of using a doorstick that her friends were nearby incase she needed them.

And on the contradictory side; yet she reportedly kept a key under the flower pot at her door (in case anyone needed to get in while she wasn't home?)

Being a law student and not from the area, did it heighten her fears of someone harming her or was she simply afraid of a nearby resident

Never thought of that angle before, being the age that I am, I would probably use a doorstick (and a ball bat and gun by my bedside) if I lived in Macon and I would never leave a key under my mat at the door, the fact that she did might also indicate she trusted her neighbors. I think she has relatives in Macon, so maybe they, on the other hand, suiggested the doorstick becuase of hoodlums in the area, which there are if you are on the major thoroughfares, esp car breakins if you park on the street, even in broad daylight

But it's interesting to imagine that she may have been afraid of him coming in on her at night after she'd gone to sleep

Would be terribly irony if that's what he did

I still wonder on that night that she disappeared and wonder about SMD demeanor while being observed by the friends friend beneath LG

This article mentions that authorities went to BH apts on saturday and sunday, June 25 and 26 from neighbor reports of foul odor, cutting back brush searching for source revealed a dead animal; what was it? possum, rat, "kittens"?

and saturday evening, SMD was lurking in those woods with a stick

was he looking or did he do it and why saturday the same day LG was last reported being seen

that's just too coincidental, not sure what it could mean but very ironic and has never left my mind

http://www.macon.com/2011/07/04/1619672/police-sifting-through-clues-in.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer
Back