Viable suspect: Terry Hobbs #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't put much stock in the sexual abuse allegations before reading the Hobbs vs Pasdar declarations, but the picture of Terry that has emerged from that suit is horrifying. This is a man who should have been stopped years ago. It's amazing how he has been able to stay so insidiously entrenched in the lives of the people around him, who would have preferred that he drop dead, through denial (their own and his) manipulation, intimidation, coercion, power, and control. It must kill him not to be able to brag openly.

After Watching the last movie again last night, and seeing all the Pathologists show that that knife had nothing to do with the crime and that there is no physical evidence that points to DE, JB, or JM, And yet there is evidence that connects TH, I can not believe that the police and DA are not pursuing it.

It is absolutely criminal how they handled this case. How they never investigated TH clearly.

It is gross really..

Hello all. Thank you to all contributors in the thread. Just wanted to add my views after spending an inordinate amount of time on it.

having read and watched all materials I could get my hands on (and reading from the helpful and illuminating posters here) it looks generally bad for Terry Hobbs. The lack of hard evidence (DNA excluded) is made up for by the sheer amount of damning circumstantial evidence and witness testimony. It is incredibly damning that Pam Hobbs herself believes that Terry might well be responsible.

I have to say though I think the main travesty in this case is the police work, the fact that they used Satanism as a coherent motive is a joke. The fact that they never considered Hobbs a suspect with his history of domestic and other violence borders on negligence. This, I think, is the main reason why a successful prosecution cannot be mounted against Hobbs - the sheer amount of negligence over time.

The allegations of abuse that swirled around Amanda mentioned earlier in the thread I find very disturbing. I have a friend I graduated with who works with abused kids and it was her view that Amanda's lack of memories about a certain period in her life and her dreams along with the guilt she carried are akin to a flashing red beacon. "classic and irrefutable signs of abuse". It is possible of course that it was someone other than Hobbs who abused Amanda but I am led to believe that the level of violence documented by Hobbs often go hand in hand with sexual abuse. He seems on the face of things to me to be a text book sadist. Furthermore It is very hard to have any sympathy for him at all after seeing and reading his deposition.

We are all innocent until proven guilty though, so easily forgotten. And for this reason my anger remains focused on the WMPD that went wholesale into the Satanism theory. This is the same theory that led to one of the most expensive cases of all time in the case of the nursery panic, a panic utterly discredited. As Douglas mentions, the FBI looked into Satanism and cults and found not one convincing case involving such motives. Not one. The results were the same for the UK after similar scares. Much of the testimony for this came from much derided personality disorders peddled by phony psychiatrists. For all his faults this case badly needed a profiler like John Douglas from the start, his arguments about the killer knowing the victims well is very convincing as is his general profile which damns Hobbs so much. The case might have also benefited from a Forensic Pathologist or Coroner who could actually do the job required of him.

So while it is not in my sense of Justice and legality to condemn Hobbs outright I can freely condemn the bumbling local PD. This is the fruits of their labor and they should be ashamed. What has been proven beyond doubt is that Echols and the others were not involved in the murders. No DNA or hard evidence, lack of a murder weapon (the lake knife being utterly discredited) and extremely flimsy circumstantial fluff partnered to an absolutely absurd motive. It is directly the fault of the West Memphis Police Department that justice was not served and that the killer / killers walk free.

I have been following this case for a long time. Here are my thoughts (and they are gonna flow free):

1. Lets say the private injuries on Byers were in fact made by a knife and not animal preying on the area. The forensic pathologist testified in PL that it would take a lot of skill. Let me see...TH was once a butcher! He is handy with a knife. My question then goes to What did Christopher Byers do to humiliate TH?

2. Why did TH hit Pam? Because he wanted to humiliate her because she humiliated him by "kissing that mexican". Secondly, why did TH say he sued the dixie chicks? Because he wanted to humiliate them the way they did to him. So, there seems to be a pattern here. Wait, wasn't it Chris Byers who some said thought amanda was his little girlfriend? And, what if TH was sexually abusing Amanda. Would then, in some crazy way, TH would be humiliated to think that Chris thinks Amanda is his? Because TH is treating her like a sexual object. Kinda like the idea of adult boyfriend vs woman's husband or wife vs mistress? As in JEALOUSY. We know from the record that he is a very jealous person.

3. One of the boys' shoes that was found still had the shoelace in it. I think it may have been stevies black and purple shoe (brand Cuga). But the killer needed one more piece. Didn't they find a pair of TH's shoes that was sans a shoelace? Weird. Maybe the one shoelace that was left in the one shoe was not the right length for him.

4. So what if TH did something to little Chris' private part and whatever he did (maybe biting) left evidence. How to get ride of this? Remove the skin with the tooth marks on it. Who has the skill as a butcher to do this? Hobbs.

5. Why would he humilate Byers' private part? See number 2.

6. Who knows how to tie as in how the kids were bound? From butchering in the past, it would have to be Hobbs. You have to know how to tie meat. Google--Do butchers have to know how to tie knots. WOW. Butchers slip knot? Is that not the some knot used on the boys? WOW.

What do yall think?

BigTX, I have postulated much the same ideas re: Chris' genital injuries in the past. However, I don't believe TH degloved Christopher. I truly believe that to be postmortem animal predation. I do believe it possible that TH did some damage to Chris' genitals for the reason you mentioned, sick as it sounds. One more thing I'd like to point out: TH shot Jackie Hicks, Jr. (Pam's brother) shortly after the murders. Jackie, Jr. later died from complications of this shooting. Since the death occurred more than a year after the shooting, the shooter was not charged with murder. TH's explanation (in case you missed it) was:

1. It was self defense. (Jackie had no weapon) or

2. I didn't shoot him. I was holding the gun and it just went off.

In any case, he was never charged for the shooting. Just another in a long line of incidents that make me continue to ask, "What did/does TH know that makes him believe that the police have to protect him?" That in and of itself is, IMO, a reason that he should be a viable suspect.

Vox Veritas JT, Yes, the wmpd really messed up the investigation from the get go. I have often asked myself if it were deliberate or not. Following up on my theory that TH is "Teflon Terry" for some reason, suppose that the wmpd knew from the beginning that TH was the killer but had to protect him. They would look for the person or persons least likely to be able to defend themselves. The town weirdo and his friends would be obvious choices. All the wmpd had to do was find a patsy. I don't believe for a minute that they didn't know Jessie was "slow" as Ridge stated on the stand. They knew he was slow, and they knew they could manipulate him. Yes, they are the most culpable villains in this case (with the possible addition of Judge Burnett as their "helper") and I still contend that finding the hold TH has over the wmpd (or maybe someone higher up in the State of Arkansas) will go far in revealing the truth of this case.

CR, I love the idea of TH having connections higher up in Arkansas for whatever the reason. Your theory could explain a lot, and I mean a lot, about this whole case and it makes sense to me.

BigTX, I have postulated much the same ideas re: Chris' genital injuries in the past. However, I don't believe TH degloved Christopher. I truly believe that to be postmortem animal predation. I do believe it possible that TH did some damage to Chris' genitals for the reason you mentioned, sick as it sounds.

Yes, I am sorry. I think TH did some damage to Chris' private area and after that there was animal predation. What I am thinking about is what if Chris had like kicked TH in the groin while trying to get away or being held by the arms or otherwise? That could be "humiliating" to TH, thus the need for him to humiliate CB back. (part of my humiliation theory that TH seems hell bent on) He uses that word when talking about Pam, and then the Dixie Chicks.

Yes, I am sorry. I think TH did some damage to Chris' private area and after that there was animal predation. What I am thinking about is what if Chris had like kicked TH in the groin while trying to get away or being held by the arms or otherwise? That could be "humiliating" to TH, thus the need for him to humiliate CB back. (part of my humiliation theory that TH seems hell bent on) He uses that word when talking about Pam, and then the Dixie Chicks.

That could be true, too. Hopefully, some day (soon) we'll find out the truth.

No way. When you have kids involved it is not a question. A child is missing their mother knows. He did not call her after an hour of him being not home. He was not 13.. He was a little boy. He should have called her and there is NO WAY around that.

As a parent, I agree with you a 100%. His behavior in that alone is very disturbing to me.

It was stated in Devil's Knot that Steven still slept with a nightlight. I'm not sure of the veracity of that statement, but, if true, it's even more reason that TH should have told Pam that Steven was still missing before TH picked up Pam from work.

Additionally, if TH was truly searching for Steven all the time, as he claims, why didn't he go by Catfish Island to check and see if Steven (and his friends) had stopped by to see Pam? IMO, that would have been a very logical place to look, but . . . TH didn't darken the door. IMO, yet another reason to conclude that TH knew something about the boys' whereabouts that he hasn't told officials - yet!

I just watched West Of Memphis again last night and some other things.

All I know is there is only DNA that leads to one family member and that they have not pursued that is criminal. I don't know how these prosecutors live with themselves. I just don't know how they sleep.

Additionally, if TH was truly searching for Steven all the time, as he claims, why didn't he go by Catfish Island to check and see if Steven (and his friends) had stopped by to see Pam? IMO, that would have been a very logical place to look, but . . . TH didn't darken the door. IMO, yet another reason to conclude that TH knew something about the boys' whereabouts that he hasn't told officials - yet!

I completely agree with that notion. From what I can gather, Catfish Island was not far away from were the boys lived. Especially not on bikes. It just seems like one of the first logical places to go to. Why NOT go there, unless Hobbs already knew that they wouldn't be there?!...

Hi everyone.

I'm new here. The first time I ever heard about the WM3 was about 4 weeks ago. I live in Germany and the 5 films (Including Devil's knot) have never been shown or mentioned here. I came across "West of Memphis" and was absolutely schocked and speechless!! So I have become another "victim" who will have to spend hours on end, reading and thinking about the whole shocking thing!! Yesterday I took a look at the "Terry Hobbs interview" from 2007 (youtube). I haven't watched all of it yet, but this part of the interview made me feel very uneasy. It's at about 33 min.

Mr. Hobbs was asked if there was anything that was unusual or odd on the evening as he was searching the Robin Hood woods.

"Nothin other than that I wouldn't have been out here, this is not a place I hang out..you know."

"We were told at one time, there was something that covered up a hole or something, and they thought they might be in that hole, some of them local kids that knew where that place was at, said they'd go and check it. I think there was a Byers boy the one that was alive,... there's another alive..... I can't think of his name, but he was gonna go with some of the people that was there.

It seems to implicate that he knew that Chris Byers was dead at the time. Of course the interview was 14 years later, you can give him the benefit of the doubt that he just changed from past-present tense, to present tense, but in the context it feels a bit strange.

Hi everyone.

I'm new here. The first time I ever heard about the WM3 was about 4 weeks ago. I live in Germany and the 5 films (Including Devil's knot) have never been shown or mentioned here. I came across "West of Memphis" and was absolutely schocked and speechless!! So I have become another "victim" who will have to spend hours on end, reading and thinking about the whole shocking thing!! Yesterday I took a look at the "Terry Hobbs interview" from 2007 (youtube). I haven't watched all of it yet, but this part of the interview made me feel very uneasy. It's at about 33 min.

Mr. Hobbs was asked if there was anything that was unusual or odd on the evening as he was searching the Robin Hood woods.

"Nothin other than that I wouldn't have been out here, this is not a place I hang out..you know."

"We were told at one time, there was something that covered up a hole or something, and they thought they might be in that hole, some of them local kids that knew where that place was at, said they'd go and check it. I think there was a Byers boy the one that was alive,... there's another alive..... I can't think of his name, but he was gonna go with some of the people that was there.

It seems to implicate that he knew that Chris Byers was dead at the time. Of course the interview was 14 years later, you can give him the benefit of the doubt that he just changed from past-present tense, to present tense, but in the context it feels a bit strange.

Good catch! I will have to watch that now!!

LOVE the handle by the way! Welcome!

Hi everyone.

I guess everyone has that "Aha!" moment in this case. For me, his diction in that interview is pretty par for the course in his other interviews I've seen and doesn't really put up any red flags, but I always found this video odd as far as Hobbs goes. At the 7:15 mark, you can actually hear him swallow hard when he attributes the murders to satanism -- the classic telltale sign of lying; and the guy just looks like he's going to poop a brick he's so nervous. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTsYjBQIMRQ"]West Memphis Three - Geraldo Special Report 1994 Part 5 - YouTube[/ame]

Now I certainly don't identify with those people who are absolutely convinced Hobbs is 100% guilty, but just about everything about him in those Geraldo clips looks suspicious -- i.e. his body language, his weird lack of emotion, mannerisms, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288