The 911 Call

Whether she said fighting or frightened, neither word means she killed her children.

The meaning and importance is that she had memory of what she did upon waking. She later claimed no memory. Which is it?

BTW, I watched the old Leeza show (3 parter) and in that show they were desperately trying to arrange for Darlie to be hypnotically regressed to recover memories. Did that ever happen? If yes, what were the results? If no, why not? Surely they've raised enough money since 1998.

Someone asked if Darlie took a polygraph test and if yes, did she pass. One of the panel members (the author I think) said Darlie did and failed it. Darlie's family said that wasn't true, she didn't fail it. Which is it?

Darlie's mother made some absurd claim though that they had to be careful and have a DNA test (yes, she said DNA) because during a regression a person's blood could change due to repressed memories and strong emotions. I was like, "huh?" A person's DNA never changes. That was on part 2 of the Leeza show. She was obviously very confused about that. Anyway, not germane to the crime, but it was something I noted when I watched.

Oh one other thing that did make me go "hmmmm..." Leeza asked the sister (Dana) "what was Darlie's mood the night of the murders?" Remember, Dana was over at the house. Dana just started crying and didn't answer, then Darlie Kee (her mother) started answering for her with others on the panel chiming in. Dana never did answer that question. I thought that was interesting and odd. If everything was fine and hunky dory with Darlie's mood that night, then why the tearful meltdown upon being asked about someone's mood?

And one audience member paid attention and asked the family if they were claiming (as they kept doing) that Darlie had no mental issues then why did Darlie write what appeared to be a suicide note 1 month before the murders? The answer was that Darlie was just a "little" depressed. Well, I don't consider a suicide letter to mean someone is a "little" depressed or blue. But that's me.

Someone asked if Darlie took a polygraph test and if yes, did she pass. One of the panel members (the author I think) said Darlie did and failed it. Darlie's family said that wasn't true, she didn't fail it. Which is it?

She did take it and in her own words, it was 'inconclusive'.

Would that be similar to your imaginary hearing Darlie talking to her children through most of the call? Is it because you WANT to hear her comforting her children, when the reality is she said Hold on Honey, twice maybe in that call? Was she talking to her children when she's trying to explain prints or the lack of prints on the knife? When she angrily declares "someone just walked in here and intentionally did it Darin" Why do you think she's saying this? You can find it at 5:19:09 of the call and on the transcript.

01:07:08 Darlie Routier ...Damon ...hold on honey...

01:47:10 Darlie Routier ...(unintelligible)...
01:48:03 Darlie Routier ...(unintelligible) do you want honey ...hold on (unintelligible)...
01:49:17 911 Operator #1 ...ma'am ...I can't understand you...
01:50:21 Darlie Routier ...yes...
01:51:18 911 Operator #1 ...you're going to have to slow down ...calm down ...and talk to me...
01:52:19 Darlie Routier ...I'm talking to my babies ...they're dying...

02:20:15 Darlie Routier ...hold on honey ...hold on...

02:23:08 Darlie Routier ...hold on...

03:29:03 Darlie Routier ...oh God ...Devon no ...oh my God...

She explains the prints after the 911 operator told her not to touch anything. And I'm going to stop at the point where you have decide Darlie "angrily" declares... There's no way to tell if she's angry or not. But certainly, if she's having some type of angry confrontation with Darin officer Waddell would have noticed it.

23 Q. And, your interpretation of the 911
24 tape is that, you never used the word that "I was
25 fighting"; is that right?

1 A. No, sir. You can hear it.
2 Q. Your interpretation is you were
3 frightening?
4 A. I was frightened.
5 Q. Frightened.
6 A. If you say it like that, but when you
7 are running back and forth, and you are out of breath.
8 Q. Okay. Let me take a moment, maybe I
9 can use one of these. All right.
10 A. What page?
11 Q. Five. Okay. About the middle of that
12 page, before we get to that?
13 A. Yes, sir.
14 Q. You are saying, I believe "Some man
15 came in, stabbed my babies stabbed me. I woke up" -- and
16 your version is, "I was frightening"?
17 A. Yes, sir.
18 Q. Frightening?
19 A. Yes, sir.

20 Q. "And he ran out and threw the knife
21 down"?
22 A. Yes, sir.
23 Q. Of course our version was, "I was
24 fighting"?
25 A. Well, you can listen to it.

This was the foolishest part of Darlie's testimony. "I was frightening". Please.

The tape is very damning against Darlie. She explains to Darin that an intruder came in and did it, in an angry "don't accuse me" tone of voice, which also clearly proves that Darin wasn't in on it. Anyone else who woke up with an intruder in the house would have been screaming for help from her husband instantly, certainly not silently following the intruder through the house. The fact that Darin apparently didn't appear until she was on the phone says it all.

Have you ever listened to the call? She absolutely did say, "I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING, DARIN!!! I didn't do anything..." all you have to do is listen to the call:

http://www.fordarlieroutier.org/911Call/911.mp3

00:39 I don't even know who did it...

00:42 I don't even know who did it, Darin!

00:48 Who would do thi-

(Darin speaks for the first time, questioning Darlie)

00:50 I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING, DARIN!!! I didn't do anything...

01:24 I don't know who it was, we gotta find out who it was...

01:23 I woke up, I was fighting him...

05:11 I promise...

05:13 Somebody walked in here and intentionally did it, Darin!

05:18 Nothing's touched, nothing's touched...

I hear Darin saying

00:48 you-you did this, my _____ ?
01:09 I'm gonna get Drake get in here!

The tape is very damning against Darlie. She explains to Darin that an intruder came in and did it, in an angry "don't accuse me" tone of voice, which also clearly proves that Darin wasn't in on it. Anyone else who woke up with an intruder in the house would have been screaming for help from her husband instantly, certainly not silently following the intruder through the house. The fact that Darin apparently didn't appear until she was on the phone says it all.

I agree that's definitely one of the things that is very telling. Methinks she doth protest too much.

I hear Darin saying

I just couldn't make that out at 00:48. So I found this on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1ptIM0ZDrI

Here, it says that Darin says:

00:48 "He's just gushing blood"

1:09 "Oh my God, When are they gonna get here."

Unbelievable, who thinks like this when their children are dying in front of them, someone who is guilty and only worried about pointing the finger away from themselves. Darlie says at

1:24 "Darin, I don't know who it was, we gotta find out who it was " :scared:

I just couldn't make that out at 00:48. So I found this on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1ptIM0ZDrI

Here, it says that Darin says:

00:48 "He's just gushing blood"

1:09 "Oh my God, When are they gonna get here."

That video is posted by 'Free Darlie Routier' and they have her saying 'Oh my God who would do this?' where it sounds like "I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING, DARIN!!! I didn't do anything..."

Her tone totally changes after Darin yells at her so it just doesn't make any sense that they're having this 'who would do this'/ he's gushing blood' conversation. Darin sounds angry and then she sounds defensive.

That video is posted by 'Free Darlie Routier' and they have her saying 'Oh my God who would do this?' where it sounds like "I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING, DARIN!!! I didn't do anything..."

I fail to see how the Darlieites interpretation makes it any better. So she is all worried about "who did it" but doesn't have a thought in the world about how the boys are doing. Could they be saved, and what mother would not, at the very least be comforting her boys. Especially once Darrin showed up and she could have handed him the phone and went to them. Or be with them even as she was on the phone.

That whole standing around on the phone while the boys are clearly gravely injured, just does not work for me. Most mothers would have to be physically carried or moved away from the boys, but not Darlie, she's more worried about the fingerprints on the knife and finding out who did it.

Yeah. right. ***** needs the needle.

The 911 tape convinced me of Darin's innocence. He didn't know what had happened when he found her on the phone.

And that whole story about following the assailant as he went into the utility room and out into the garage makes zero sense. He just attacked you and you are following him in the dark? You'd be running the other way and yelling for help. That story was all designed to make sure the cops looked in the garage and saw the slit screen. Her attempts at staging the scene were so obvious and inept.... there's no way she thought planting a sock 3 doors down would be found as evidence. That sock was not planted. It was dropped by her as she hurriedly threw other stuff into the storm drain.

Any new technology available that could further enhance the 911 tape to better hear the conversations/sounds in the background?

This was an OMG moment for me too!! She's on the phone with 911 when she sees Darin for the first time. WHY DID SHE NOT RUN UPSTAIRS AND CHECK ON DARIN AND DAMON PRIOR TO CALLING 911? And if some people want to say it's because she wanted to get 911 there ASAP, then why did she not say something to Darin along the lines of, "Thank God you're okay!! Is Drake okay?"

Seeing as how she DIDN'T check on them, why not say to the 911 operator, right off, I don't know if my husband and baby are alive or dead? Or some damn thing?

I hear Darin saying

At 0:48, This is so obvious. I, clear as day, hear this as well "you did This! My babies!..." , and It's not even something you really have to look for. I heard this the FIRST time I heard the tape when I hadn't even decided what side I was on. Now that I know all the facts, this statement by Darin makes complete sense. It's a clear accusation. Darin was accusing her because he knew what she did. That's why she was so demanding and adamant when she said "someone came in here and INTENTIONALLY DID IT, DARIN". She knew she was found out and wanted him to keep his mouth shut because the police were on their way. IMO, this confirms Darin's innocence in this case (besides the cover up). He knew immediately when he came down those stairs that his wife had murdered his children. Then they both knew they were in too deep and had to cover for themselves. Whether it was out of guilt, obligation to keep their world/image from shattering, or simply out of love for Darlie, Darin felt he had to keep his mouth shut. Why Darlie still has continuous support is terrifying and unfathomable to me.

That video was also removed. "Free Darlie Routier" uploaded it on their channel over 2 years ago. Hopefully, that means it will stay up now: [video=youtube;VZcC0N9HZMM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZcC0N9HZMM[/video]

Here's the link to Darlie's mum's website which contains the MP and the Wave file..it's in the wave file that I heard Darlie his Damon, Damon, Damon in a pissed off voice, then something about I don't want you to die

http://www.fordarlieroutier.org/911Call/index.html

Whether she said fighting or frightened, neither word means she killed her children.

no but it means she's a bloody liar, you can clearly her say fighting, you can here the "ing" on the end, not an "ed" and at trial she claimed she said frightening.

01:07:08 Darlie Routier ...Damon ...hold on honey...

01:47:10 Darlie Routier ...(unintelligible)...
01:48:03 Darlie Routier ...(unintelligible) do you want honey ...hold on (unintelligible)...
01:49:17 911 Operator #1 ...ma'am ...I can't understand you...
01:50:21 Darlie Routier ...yes...
01:51:18 911 Operator #1 ...you're going to have to slow down ...calm down ...and talk to me...
01:52:19 Darlie Routier ...I'm talking to my babies ...they're dying...

02:20:15 Darlie Routier ...hold on honey ...hold on...

02:23:08 Darlie Routier ...hold on...

03:29:03 Darlie Routier ...oh God ...Devon no ...oh my God...

She explains the prints after the 911 operator told her not to touch anything. And I'm going to stop at the point where you have decide Darlie "angrily" declares... There's no way to tell if she's angry or not. But certainly, if she's having some type of angry confrontation with Darin officer Waddell would have noticed it.[/QUOTE

NO she doesn't she explains to Waddell and Walling "they left a knife in the garage"

The operator hearing her say that, tells her "they left a knife, don't touch anything"

She then says, "I already touched it and picked it up. The operator then tries to soothe her by saying it's okay, it's okay. It is then that Darlie makes the statement "we could have got the prints maybe"

Yeah that sure is helping her children by yelling at them to hold on. Nothing like a mother who would have been cradling them, soothing them, telling them she loved them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back