TX - Traveon LeBlanc, 12, dies in hut & run, Houston, 20 Dec 2007

MeoW333

Reaction score
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/5398732.html

I'm not sure where to put this, Jamel Jordan LeBlanc was reported missing the other day in Houston and then his remains were found off a busy interstate. Evidently he was struck by several cars. I find it a crime that not one person that hit him, stopped or reported it.. My prayers for his family..

I think I read in another thread where the remains of this poor child were thought to be that of someone else's, initially. In the report I read someone reported a body on that road around 6 something in the AM. A police officer checked it out and didn't find anything. Then another officer found the body around 9 something AM.

It was stated, IIRC, that due to low visibility from bad weather and how dark it was in that area, the body may have been difficult to spot. I imagine this is true because I cannot fathom that anyone would not report a body on the highway. Gosh, I hope that is the case, anyway.

Rest in peace, young Traveon. And, may your family heal one day from the tragedy of losing you.
Lion

His full name is Traveon Jamel Jordan LeBlanc; i missed the Traveon in the first post i wrote. I found this link in the other forum where you mentioned, Lion, and decided to start a new thread for him.
Weather conditions or not, someone didn't stop when they knew they hit something. It said officers had a miles long stretch of the freeway to gather all of the remains, it's such a terrible thought, the poor family... Somebody had to know they hit a person, and other people must have ran over him or seen something..

Thank you for the update on this young boy's name, Meow. I wasn't talking about whomever hit this poor boy, geesh he/she should have stopped to see what he/she hit. I wonder if he was hit after that, that the drivers may have thought they were running over an already deceased non-human species. I wonder if people driving by and/or actually hitting him again afterwards may not have realized, sadly, what they were seeing.

The one long-shot is if the dear boy was left on the highway already deceased. Then I could see how someone might hit him on a dark road in the rain and think they hit an already deceased non-human species. I am just trying to take the benefit of the doubt concerning at least some of the folks who my have hit him and/or driven past him. Gosh, that poor boy and his family.

Lion

I wonder when Traveon's last freeway dash was.. if it was around the time the kids wait for the school bus in the morning or returning from school in the afternoon. Either way i'd think it would be daylight hours and since he like to run back and forth across the freeway, whoever hit him had to be sure it was a person. This poor kid may have been making these mad dashes to escape older boys bullying him on the bus stop. Then it turned into a game for Traveon..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back