The Facts - *NO DISCUSSION*

coltsgal

#1 Colts Fan
Reaction score
Please list all facts regarding his whereabouts and death here.

Car Crash occured in Greensville County, Virginia on June 26, 1995.

Drivers family did not know JD, therefore he is believed to have hitchiked.

Driver is believed to have fallen alseep at the wheel.

Driver was headed to South Carolina where he resided.

JD had a note in his pocket that read: "To Jason, Sorry we had to go. See you around. Caroline O. and Caroline T."

Also listed on the note was a phone number with a 914 prefix.

JD had two tickets to the Greatful Dead concert at RFK in Washington DC dated June 25, 1995

He also had a yellow disposable lighter in his pocket.

JD bought his tickets from a Pennsylvania man who sold 20 tickets for the concert, and cannot recall selling any tickets to JD.

JD has a tattoo of a 5 point star on his left arm.

The Pennsylvania man could not recall anyone he sold any of the tickets to, not just JD.

The show was two days, the 24th and 25th. Both tickets were dated the 25th? Maybe he had a date?

The driver did not attend the concert with Jason Doe. He is believed to have picked him up hitchhiking.

I also want to add since I have seen many people getting some of his features mixed up. JD had hazel or brown eyes and he possibly had light brown/dark blonde hair. From the reports I have seen it says it looks un natural red since in some areas it was darker than other areas while appearing almost pink is others. I was about his estimated age when he was tragically killed. I was also what many know as a dead head, while I didn't follow the group around I was still a fan and was trying to go to that concert but since I had just graduated high school and was busy with college stuff I was unable to go. I think he dyed his hair (very much like I did back then) with what they call "manic panic" or even kool aid, yes kool aid will dye your hair for a few days, I dyed mine purple for the lalapalooza concert in Philly '95 I smelled very grapey also :)

Jason Doe (just remembered after researching today LE named this case Jason Doe...feel like I need to call him that)....was wearing 2 necklaces:

a macram necklace and a beaded necklace

Size 11 1/2 shoe, but conflicting reports among agencies/media on color...black or blue, Filas.

I also want to add since I have seen many people getting some of his features mixed up. JD had hazel or brown eyes and he possibly had light brown/dark blonde hair. From the reports I have seen it says it looks un natural red since in some areas it was darker than other areas while appearing almost pink is others. I was about his estimated age when he was tragically killed. I was also what many know as a dead head, while I didn't follow the group around I was still a fan and was trying to go to that concert but since I had just graduated high school and was busy with college stuff I was unable to go. I think he dyed his hair (very much like I did back then) with what they call "manic panic" or even kool aid, yes kool aid will dye your hair for a few days, I dyed mine purple for the lalapalooza concert in Philly '95 I smelled very grapey also :)

There certianly are conflicting reports among LE/Media/ME on hair color. I have read, RED, BROWN, BLONDE, CURLY, LONG, DYED, NATURAL. :doh:

Please note: The pants, lighter, quarters, shoes, shirt, & necklaces ARE NOT the actual items belonging to 'Jason Doe'. They are just being used to depict what his MAY HAVE looked like. The tickets and the note did actually belong to Jason.

This is practically all we know about Jason's life, I find it very sad when you look at it all together. We know he was wearing a pair of light blue 505 levi jeans, he was wearing a Grateful Dead t-shirt from the 1995 Grateful Dead tour. I have read in articles it was a white GD t-shirt, is that correct? He was wearing either black or blue FILA athletic shoes and athletic socks. He was wearing two necklaces, one was a macrame necklace and the other a beaded necklace. Did he trade something he brought for these in the parking lot (also known as Shakedown Street)at the concert, or did he purchase them??

He had a small star tattoo on his left arm. I am guessing he did the tattoo himself. I wonder if they could have dated the tattoo by how fresh the ink was? To me, it looks VERY recent.

According to some articles I have read (I will have to track them down as they are on the lap top), he had 4 quarters in his pocket..that would have been enough for 5 pay phone calls back in 1995. A call would be 20 cents each, though I can't recall if you put a quarter in if you would get change back??

He had the 2 tickets for the Grateful Dead concerts, one is for Saturday, June 24, 1995 and the other for Sunday, June 25, 1995. It looks like the one from Saturday the 24th was used. The stub off the left hand side is missing. It doesn't look like the one from Sunday, the 25th was used, either that or it was just over looked when he went in, OR was the ticket bought for somebody else and he missed them?

Then we have the note from the 2 Carolines'. I wonder where they left the note? Was it left somewhere on Sunday? Maybe they left when he didn't show up then? Hence the unused ticket for Sunday the 25th? I wonder where Jason stayed on Saturday night? Did he stay with the 2 Carolines'? Did he see them at all during these 2 Grateful Dead concerts? Was there a special place where people would leave notes for each other? Some kind of message board sorta thing? Was the note left on a seat where Jason was supposed to be seated?

He also had a yellow lighter in his pocket. Note by me: It was most likely a disposable BIC lighter and being he didn't have any ciggies on him and no pot in his system he may have just used the lighter like they do at the end of concerts when they want the band to do an encore/perform more songs.

JasonDoeGratefulDeadFanCollection.jpg

I do believe now that both tickets (24th & 25th) were used. I was confrazzled between tickets and stubs. Please forgive me.

I had previously said:

He had the 2 tickets for the Grateful Dead concerts, one is for Saturday, June 24, 1995 and the other for Sunday, June 25, 1995. It looks like the one from Saturday the 24th was used. The stub off the left hand side is missing. It doesn't look like the one from Sunday, the 25th was used, either that or it was just over looked when he went in, OR was the ticket bought for somebody else and he missed them?

:lookingitup::findinglink:

If someone could post in a GD forum and include the ticket seat location he had maybe that would ring a bell?

Maybe the Carolines were sitting next to him at one of the concerts in seats next to, near him?

Also? the phone number? maybe if in a GD forum someone could post the prefix and the name CAROLINE who was at both /all/ either concert maybe that would help?:twocents:

I do believe now that both tickets (24th & 25th) were used. I was confrazzled between tickets and stubs. Please forgive me.

I had previously said:

He paid $32.50 per ticket and the seating might jog the memory of someone?
I can not read them well but if someone could somehow make the seating larger? Somebody might recall sitting near him?
if we could see the seat he was in?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo
Back