General questions here

I haven't posted here in such a long time and I apologise if this is in the wrong place or out of content.

I'm so extremely upset about this case. I look at these crime scene photos and cringe every time. I cannot even try and imagine what this poor guy went through. He really seemed like such a decent and nice young man - and quite attractive

There is a few things in this case that I haven't completely wrapped my mind around - again I apologise if this is in the wrong place but please bear in mind, I live in South Africa and only came upon this case 2 weeks ago, so I don't know everything about this case.

1. How come noboby looked for Travis? It took them 5 days? That doesn't make any sense - especially not smelling decomposition....
2. How did she move his body around in such a short period of time? Is there no possibility that she perhaps had help?
3. I have read quite a bit of people thinking some sort of Mormon ritual / slaying / cleansing happened here - what is your thoughts?

Then I stumbled across this "jodi is innocent" website - goodness! You would think Travis begged to be murdered/butchered. Maybe he was abusive (emotionally/sexually) towards her but why didn't she just walk away?

Just me thinking out loud! And JMO!
And when I got into bed last night I realised it's exactly 5 years. I just get incredibly sad every time I look at this poor guy, left in that shower for 5 damn days, it's just so inhumane and cruel, I can't get that picture out of my head. RIP Travis. May justice be served in sentencing as well.

Just my opinions:

1- He didn't work a 9-5 in an office. His roommates who lived downstairs thought he'd already left town for Cancun. That's why he wasn't missed. As far as how long it took to find him -- he was inside a closed bathroom, inside a closed and locked master bedroom, with the Air Conditioning on. The odor would have been vented upwards. From what I recall from testimony when the people who found him got close to the bedroom door they smelled it.

2 - No, I don't think so at all. Jodi is not a tiny woman. She's a fit, 5'5 woman and Travis was not overly huge. She had plenty of time to move him, clean herself up, clean the crime scene, and take off. There's no testimony that she moved him in a 'short period of time'. The last time stamp anyone has is the photo of her moving the body, and the next one is many hours later when she leaves the phone message for him. If someone remembers the testimony differently I'm sure they'll correct me - quickly :twocents:

3 - Nonsense; total nonsense based on some people's hatred of the LDS IMHO. (And I am most definitely not LDS). It's like how some people claim murders to be the work of "Satanists" - for some people I think there's a need to demonize those in another religion, especially one steeped in ritual.

Re that JA is innocent web site - well, the world is full of all types, eh?

So you're from South Africa?? I've always wanted to visit there, I hear it's b eautiful. Speaking of high profile crimes are you following the Oscar Pistorious case closely? There's a confusing and tragic case. We get some coverage here, but only of major developments. What are your thoughts?

Just my opinions:

1- He didn't work a 9-5 in an office. His roommates who lived downstairs thought he'd already left town for Cancun. That's why he wasn't missed. As far as how long it took to find him -- he was inside a closed bathroom, inside a closed and locked master bedroom, with the Air Conditioning on. The odor would have been vented upwards. From what I recall from testimony when the people who found him got close to the bedroom door they smelled it.

2 - No, I don't think so at all. Jodi is not a tiny woman. She's a fit, 5'5 woman and Travis was not overly huge. She had plenty of time to move him, clean herself up, clean the crime scene, and take off. There's no testimony that she moved him in a 'short period of time'. The last time stamp anyone has is the photo of her moving the body, and the next one is many hours later when she leaves the phone message for him. If someone remembers the testimony differently I'm sure they'll correct me - quickly :twocents:

3 - Nonsense; total nonsense based on some people's hatred of the LDS IMHO. (And I am most definitely not LDS). It's like how some people claim murders to be the work of "Satanists" - for some people I think there's a need to demonize those in another religion, especially one steeped in ritual.

So you're from South Africa?? I've always wanted to visit there, I hear it's b eautiful. Speaking of high profile crimes are you following the Oscar Pistorious case closely? There's a confusing and tragic case. We get some coverage here, but only of major developments. What are your thoughts?

Thank you so much for your reply and clarifying - I really appreciate it. I didn't know about the air-conditioning but thought about it as I read the heat is quite extreme in Arizona in June. From what I have read I've also come to the conclusion that she murdered this poor guy in cold blood but was just mind playing with some other "what-ifs"!

Indeed you have to come visit! It is absolutely beautiful here! I live in the Western Province - Paarl (which is close to Cape Town) - known as the valley of Wine & Vine & Good food! ;) And I promise there is no elephants rampaging through the street - you will probably find that in the Kruger National Park:floorlaugh:

With regards to the Oscar Pistorius case - yes, that has caused some serious drama, there are quite a few theories about what happened. Personally, I don't believe the intruder story. I feel that there was some sort of argument/jealous rage and she escaped into the bathroom or tried to get away from him as he went into some jealous rage (not sure) and he fired. The bathroom she was shot in is extremely tiny so there was no place to hide or cover herself in there. He didn't shoot to warn, he shot to kill - I don't see how you fire 3 warning shots with such precision. IMHO.

Thank you so much for your reply and clarifying - I really appreciate it. I didn't know about the air-conditioning but thought about it as I read the heat is quite extreme in Arizona in June. From what I have read I've also come to the conclusion that she murdered this poor guy in cold blood but was just mind playing with some other "what-ifs"!

Indeed you have to come visit! It is absolutely beautiful here! I live in the Western Province - Paarl (which is close to Cape Town) - known as the valley of Wine & Vine & Good food! ;) And I promise there is no elephants rampaging through the street - you will probably find that in the Kruger National Park:floorlaugh:

With regards to the Oscar Pistorius case - yes, that has caused some serious drama, there are quite a few theories about what happened. Personally, I don't believe the intruder story. I feel that there was some sort of argument/jealous rage and she escaped into the bathroom or tried to get away from him as he went into some jealous rage (not sure) and he fired. The bathroom she was shot in is extremely tiny so there was no place to hide or cover herself in there. He didn't shoot to warn, he shot to kill - I don't see how you fire 3 warning shots with such precision. IMHO.

Very, very hot in June. In fact today (June 6th) they're predicting 111F (which is about 44C). Though to be fair that's somewhat hotter than usual.

I don't buy Oscar's story entirely either. What intruder hides in a 3' by 3' toilet room? And if he did think an intruder was hiding in there, well the intruder was trapped -- All he had to do is say to an intruder "I am holding a gun on the door, don't come out", and call the police.

Just my opinions:

Something occurred to me last night with regards to the aircon - unless it is common to let an air-conditioning run permanently - if the roommates knew he was away, wouldn't it be strange that he would leave his aircon on for the whole time being away - unless he didn't really worry about electricity bills:blushing: Also, didn't the one roommate have a key to his room, why not go switch it off as he knew Travis wasn't there. Sorry if this is totally out of context but I just wanted to ask.

Something occurred to me last night with regards to the aircon - unless it is common to let an air-conditioning run permanently - if the roommates knew he was away, wouldn't it be strange that he would leave his aircon on for the whole time being away - unless he didn't really worry about electricity bills:blushing: Also, didn't the one roommate have a key to his room, why not go switch it off as he knew Travis wasn't there. Sorry if this is totally out of context but I just wanted to ask.

I've wondered about the A/C setup as well. Were their two zones, or just one? If there were two zones it might help explain the smell not being detected sooner.

As to turning it off, since it was a central unit(s), it would be left to cycle on and off as long as other people (and the dog) were living there. MOO

Hi, I've just become aware of this case as I live in the UK. I'm wanting to ask about what the paedophile accusations were? What was accused and what came of it?

I'm sorry if this is so basic but I cannot find an explanation. What does the F in front of FCA and now I am seeing FJA stand for?
TIA

Is there access to the journal entry of Arias for June 1, 2008?

There have been several conflicting reports on the custody orders for FJA's confinement. Can we determine if 16 hours at large & the remainder of the day in cell is accurate? Any restrictions on phone usage?

Hello,
Someone had been nice enough to post a link to the transcripts of JA's jury questions and answers on here, I had the link and can't find it again. if someone would be so kind as to repost the link i would be more than thankful. BTW I am new here I have been following this but had not been a user until a few days ago, It is nice to have a place where others are as outraged as to her vial act of slander on this poor man just trying to get on with his life. My son was following the trial with me but he is sick of talking to me about it. I guess when you are 21 you have this thing called a "life'? IDK what he is talking about...... Anyway I was going to watch the you tube video but I just can not stand the sound of her baby voice it makes me sick. But thank you if anyone can find that for me.

There have been several conflicting reports on the custody orders for FJA's confinement. Can we determine if 16 hours at large & the remainder of the day in cell is accurate? Any restrictions on phone usage?

The State vs Jodi Arias ~ Travis Alexander murder trial shared a link.
August 31
CONFIRMED : Arias still isolated from other inmates in lockdown:

This is from the Facebook page for the family of TA so as of 2 days ago she is still on 23 hour a day lock down with an hour to shower or use the phone. Still eating alone in her cell no friends I love it.
I hope that answers your question

Nevermind!!!! My post about the link I found it!! Duh it is a slow brain day for me.

Why are all threads locked and no discussion allowed on the ones unlocked. The clock is ticking and JA is soon to face the jurors again.

I have been thinking the same thing! Has the judge no authority to tell JA to just say yes or no! Good grief! I think she is purposely trying to confuse the jury in the belief that she will get a hung jury and the judge is letting it happen by not telling her to just answer the d--n question with a simple yes or no!:banghead:

Well I have some questions myself on this case. I saw the size of her and him I dont think that she could of have done it all by herself. I also was wondering on that camera did they ever found the she that was in the picture. Also that she would also have some kind of scrapes or some scratches to on her.

I dont think that she could not do it all alone. The size between him and her he would put up a fight.
On the camera where are the shoes that was in that picture. Plus she would also have scratches on her to.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back