Question and Answer thread

nursebeeme

Reaction score
Got a question? Post it here. If you have an answer to the question quote it and answer it. (no discussion please)

question from poster sie sie: (and the member who had the idea for this thread)

What was the Alanis Moiressette (sp??) song that Jodi referenced to during the trial?

What was the Alanis Moiressette (sp??) song that Jodi referenced to during the trial?
Thanks for the thread, Nurse! Some quick questions get lost in the discussion threads, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who has a bad memory when it comes to all of JA's lies.

I want to know the name of the song, and ALSO when it came up in reference during the trial, please. TIA!

You otta know

You Oughta Know. It's on the Jagged Little Pill album. It's about her break-up with...and I'm not kidding...Dave Coulier from Full House.

I don't remember her saying anything during her tesiphony, but i the tape she referenced this:

"You Oughta Know"

I want you to know, that I'm happy for you
I wish nothing but the best for you both
An older version of me
Is she perverted like me
Would she go down on you in a theatre
Does she speak eloquently
And would she have your baby
I'm sure she'd make a really excellent mother

'cause the love that you gave that we made wasn't able
To make it enough for you to be open wide, no
And every time you speak her name
Does she know how you told me you'd hold me
Until you died, till you died
But you're still alive

And I'm here to remind you
Of the mess you left when you went away
It's not fair to deny me
Of the cross I bear that you gave to me
You, you, you oughta know

You seem very well, things look peaceful
I'm not quite as well, I thought you should know
Did you forget about me Mr. Duplicity
I hate to bug you in the middle of dinner
It was a slap in the face how quickly I was replaced
Are you thinking of me when you **** her?

'cause the love that you gave that we made wasn't able
To make it enough for you to be open wide, no
And every time you speak her name
Does she know how you told me you'd hold me
Until you died, til you died
But you're still alive

And I'm here to remind you
It's not fair to deny me

'cause the joke that you laid on the bed that was me
And I'm not gonna fade
As soon as you close your eyes and you know it
And every time I scratch my nails down someone else's back
I hope you feel it...well can you feel it

Well, I'm here to remind you
It's not fair to deny me

Its called "You Otta Know" its about when Alanis dated Dave C (dont know how to spell it - from full house). I believe it on her first (??) cd.

Ah, yes, "You Oughta Know" - I remember now, thanks, everyone!

I didn't mean to confuse with the question of the reference - I don't mean what Alanis' reference was (Dave Coulier, Full House breakup) - I meant in what context does it come up in this trial?

For some reason I was thinking it had to do with the recorded sex tape, but I'm not sure why she would start singing it, so I'm wondering how it came up or was referenced in this trial. Thanks again!

Ah, yes, "You Oughta Know" - I remember now, thanks, everyone!

I didn't mean to confuse with the question of the reference - I don't mean what Alanis' reference was (Dave Coulier, Full House breakup) - I meant in what context does it come up in this trial?

For some reason I was thinking it had to do with the recorded sex tape, but I'm not sure why she would start singing it, so I'm wondering how it came up or was referenced in this trial. Thanks again!

It was definitely on the sex tape- she sings it if I remember correctly. I don't remember how it came about to be relevant in their conversation, though. I do not recall the context.

It was definitely on the sex tape- she sings it if I remember correctly. I don't remember how it came about to be relevant in their conversation, though. I do not recall the context.
Thank you, then I know where to look on YouTube (sex tape day). Appreciate the answer! :seeya:

I have been following this off and on, and I'm sure this has been discussed somewhere, but why is it advantageous for her to take the stand? It just seems like most high profile murder defendants don't do so...

I have been following this off and on, and I'm sure this has been discussed somewhere, but why is it advantageous for her to take the stand? It just seems like most high profile murder defendants don't do so...
girlrilla, some think she did it because she demanded to take the stand... some talking heads have said in a self defense case (hers is) the defendant HAS to take the stand to prove self defense (she has no other corroborating evidence of abuse, etc etc etc except her own word)

I have a few questions about the sex tape too. At the end of their phone sex act JA tells TA to go clean himself up and for a few minutes there is silence then at about the 43.30 minute mark you can hear TA coughing, crying and sobbing but it sounds like he is in the distance, and you never hear the phone move like when someone is holding it. There is then another break/silence in the tape before they start talking again at which point it goes to music and stuff.

Given their discussion of music, the mention of watching MTV, and then the singing makes me think that maybe music might have played a part in some of their sex play. She has mentioned having her hair braided a few times, and then TA's reference to her sounding like a 12 year old, reminded me of the Britney Spears video of "Baby, One More Time" which came out in 1998 or 99. Spears wore her hair in two braids and a school uniform like a young girl but sexed it up. I know a lot of guys that fantasized about her because of that video.

What is TA sobbing,coughing about at about the 43:30 mark? You can also hear him utter a faint curse at the end of that portion of the tape?

I would like to know if the tape has been analyzed forensically? There are stops/silences in the tape then when it cuts back in again it sounds like they are in different surroundings based on acoustics. Has it been proven that the tape is from one original recording? IMO it sounds like it has been re-recorded from portions of other tapes.

:bump: for Melly...

I have a few questions about the sex tape too. At the end of their phone sex act JA tells TA to go clean himself up and for a few minutes there is silence then at about the 43.30 minute mark you can hear TA coughing, crying and sobbing but it sounds like he is in the distance, and you never hear the phone move like when someone is holding it. There is then another break/silence in the tape before they start talking again at which point it goes to music and stuff.

What is TA sobbing,coughing about at about the 43:30 mark? You can also hear him utter a faint curse at the end of that portion of the tape?

RSBM: Hi, Melly, I'm curious about this now, too and once I feel caught up enough with the current cross exam, I will look into the sex tape again and see if I can hear what you're referencing. I don't remember it off-hand and will definitely need to re-check it. Didn't want you to feel like no one was answering you, I just don't know the answer!

God, that is one scary song! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UEWbTxmG9o
I watched/read the lyrics scroll down as I listened to Morriset sing it. I remember when it came out but never really knew the words until today and I can just picture Jodi acting it out, word for word!

Hi everyone, does anyone have a link where I can watch the trial video from yesterday?

If Jodi had a laptop, why would she have to wake up her Grandparents to use the computer? And if she brought the laptop into Travis' house, and had been carrying the picture CD's around with her in her case for months, why didn't she just use her laptop to view them, or at least try?

Did Darryl Brewer testify about Jodi's hair color when she came to get the gascans?

What happened to ask a lawyer thread?

Here's my question

I was thinking....the defense would have been smart to rest after the states CIC.

Was that possible with a self defense claim in AZ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni