Elephants for Travis

nursebeeme

Reaction score
Just this past weekend Katiecoolady posted and discussed on Tricia's radio show about an amazing experience with elephants. Post your "elephants" for Travis and kind thoughts for the family here:

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/websleuths/2013/03/18/websleuths-radio
radio show discussing the elephant story^

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=201611&page=7
^read the elephant story starting at post #346^

"Nature's great masterpiece, an elephant; the only harmless great thing."
~John Donne, British poet (1572-1631)

Don't think of him as gone away
his journey's just begun,
life holds so many facets
this earth is only one.

Just think of him as resting
from the sorrows and the tears
in a place of warmth and comfort
where there are no days and years.

Think how he must be wishing
that we could know today
how nothing but our sadness
can really pass away.

And think of him as living
in the hearts of those he touched...
for nothing loved is ever lost
and he was loved so much.

Ellen Brenneman

(this is from a book of poems that I have and made me think of Travis)

Elephants never forget!

Attachments

• elephants.jpg
    elephants.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 51
images

Don't think of him as gone away
his journey's just begun,
life holds so many facets
this earth is only one.

Just think of him as resting
from the sorrows and the tears
in a place of warmth and comfort
where there are no days and years.

Think how he must be wishing
that we could know today
how nothing but our sadness
can really pass away.

And think of him as living
in the hearts of those he touched...
for nothing loved is ever lost
and he was loved so much.

Ellen Brenneman

(this is from a book of poems that I have and made me think of Travis)

I wanted to thank you so much for posting this poem. My father had been diagnosed with cancer 2 months ago, and when I saw this poem several days ago, I subscribed to this thread so that I could find this beautiful poem again. My father passed away yesterday, and when I showed this poem to my mother, it moved her so much that she said that she wanted it read at his funeral. Again, thank you for giving us something that brought some comfort to us.

I have been wanting to post Emily Dickinson's hope is the thing with feathers for Travis' family so here it is!:

“Hope” is the thing with feathers -
That perches in the soul -
And sings the tune without the words -
And never stops - at all -

And sweetest - in the Gale - is heard -
And sore must be the storm -
That could abash the little Bird
That kept so many warm -

I’ve heard it in the chillest land -
And on the strangest Sea -
Yet - never - in Extremity,
It asked a crumb - of me.

Awe inspiring, attention grabbing...and also polite. :) Words that remind me of Travis.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZL0z6A9imIU

Did you catch the "thanks" at the end?

:)
He is still crashing parties by the stories people tell from people who were honored enough to know him and also those he never even knew.
:heartbeat:
Dear family, he won't be forgotten. The trial will end, the bad will fade and the good we have learned from your strength for your brother and by him will always stay.

Last week sometime, I had a dream with a white feather that was very predominant.

Fast forward to today.... I am walking in the park; I stop dead in my tracks and subconsciously look down at my feet.

A white feather! I took that as a sign. ;) :heartbeat:

"Feathers are a common form of communication from your angels. If you have prayed to the angels for guidance or for a sign that everything’s going to be okay, be sure to notice feathers, especially white ones. They can appear as tangible objects on the ground or floating from the air. The angels use various means to get your attention and let you know they’re here to help."

I now have the white feather in my car and I have honoured it in Travis' memory.

In times of greatest adversity

do not despair

for crystal rain

falls

from black clouds

~nzumi

(this verse got me thru my chemotherpy as a chld and given to me by my English teacher who was my mentor and cheerleader)

IT'S A GIRL!

The Saint Louis Zoo is proud to announce the birth of an Asian elephant on Friday, April 26, 2013 at 10:57 p.m. Ellie, the Zoo's 42-year-old Asian elephant, gave birth to a baby girl.

Help Us Name The Baby!

http://www.stlzoo.org/animals/abouttheanimals/mammals/asianelephant/its-girl-asian-elephant-calf-born-april-26-2013/

My daughter has always loved elephants. We will be visiting this new baby quite a bit over the summer.
Love and thoughts to Travis' family.

ETA
Daughter wanted to name the baby Elicia lol

Some of my elephant art!

This one, I made today and used the elephant ribbons for all in it!

(I have more, but I have probably already bored you all with my art!)
Oh and I have a lamp that I turn on when I am following cases or holding someone in prayer, etc - and you guessed it - it is an elephant lamp. Have had it since the early Caylee days and now Caylee shares it with anyone in need and that includes Travis daily!

I don't mean to be redundant by posting my sig line here, but as sweet Spellbound pointed out to me, it's appropriate for today. So here goes:

Celtic Poem Of Farewell
God looked around His garden,
And found an empty place.
He then looked down upon the earth,
And saw your tired face.
He put his arms around you,
And lifted you to rest.
God's garden must be beautiful,
He always takes the best.

Attachments

• angel elephant.jpg
    angel elephant.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 38
This is some video from the National Geo. camera at Pete's Pond in Botswana. A pack of wild dogs had just been released and they made their way to Pete's to get a drink. They ran into one of the herds of elephants. At first the teenagers were all freaked (ears OUT, tails UP) and were alarm calling. Notice the older ones just ignoring and moseying on down the path. Until the entire pack approaches Big Mama with her newborn. I have no idea what she said in Elephant "language" but it's pretty funny want ensues. Enjoy ......

Elephants vs wild dogs - YouTube

Hi All,

I hope it's okay to post this here, and I apologize if its already been posted.

I just signed this Change.org petition to save Lucky the Elephant at San Antonio Zoo.

He is alone, again, and as most everyone probably knows, elephants are very social and live in groups of families.

As elephants have become a symbol for many WebSleuth members in remembering and honoring Travis Alexander, I hope it is okay to ask if each of you have some time today, please take a moment to sign this petition urging San Antonio Zoo to take action for Lucky. And please share with your non-member friends as well.

You can also leave a message on the petition site, saying "In memory of Travis Alexander", if you like.

Mods: if it is not okay for me to post this link, please let me know and I'll remove it.

TIA Everyone!!

https://www.change.org/petitions/te...campaign=23738&alert_id=CeGoCAhJFN_rENJPbXbHt

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anniegirl401
Back