Reaction score
Please continue discussion here...

il_340x270.314253593.jpg
link

spode-blue-italian-3-piec.jpg
link

sidebar #19

Hope the killer likes the color orange.

3TV took a look inside death row at the Perryville Women's Prison in Goodyear, west of Phoenix.

This is a video of Perryville, but I am sure I saw one with NG there, or maybe she was at Estrella.

At any rate, this just shows the cell and what have you. For CMJA this is a step UP!! Dang!

http://www.azfamily.com/news/3TV-ta...-the-womens-prison-in-Goodyear-206054551.html

----------
Yes it's a step up but I figure there will never be another step forward for the rest of her miserable life. They didnt mention snacks as being able to purchase, I wonder maybe they dont want them fat! :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

----------
Yes it's a step up but I figure there will never be another step forward for the rest of her miserable life. They didnt mention snacks as being able to purchase, I wonder maybe they dont want them fat! :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

Looks like a perfect forever home for the murderer.

I know that I would never survive in jail or prison. A friend of mine, his dad has been in prison for a long time. During his prison time, he has been married 4 times to women that found him via a prison penpal site. Scott Peterson has gotten marriage proposals while in prison. There are a lot of nutcases in this world.

3TV took a look inside death row at the Perryville Women's Prison in Goodyear, west of Phoenix.

This is a video of Perryville, but I am sure I saw one with NG there, or maybe she was at Estrella.

At any rate, this just shows the cell and what have you. For CMJA this is a step UP!! Dang!

http://www.azfamily.com/news/3TV-ta...-the-womens-prison-in-Goodyear-206054551.html

A step up? Okay, if you say so! :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I've seen this before but appreciate the reminder. CREEPY! So very CREEPY! The cell, the vacant, dusty landscape, the outdoor cages...AZ doesn't fool around! Yikes. :scared:

I know that I would never survive in jail or prison. A friend of mine, his dad has been in prison for a long time. During his prison time, he has been married 4 times to women that found him via a prison penpal site. Scott Peterson has gotten marriage proposals while in prison. There are a lot of nutcases in this world.

I know what you mean, Kensie. I think I'd have a heart attack. There's a theory floating around out there that some people marry prisoners because they know the prisoners can't escape and therefore will be faithful...? Nutcases indeed!

I know what you mean, Kensie. I think I'd have a heart attack. There's a theory floating around out there that some people marry prisoners because they know the prisoners can't escape and therefore will be faithful...? Nutcases indeed!

As a person that has had a cheating spouse, the aspect of being faithful does sound good. Also, I think the prisoners are glad when you visit and that has got to feel good to have a person glad to see you. Another thing is you can have your own life if married to a prisoner - don't have to cook for them, do their laundry, pick up after them, read a book when you want to read, go to bed early or sleep late. I guess it gives the non prisoner freedom and they are in a relationship at the same time. I can see some advantages but I would not go that far to find a spouse.

so the minutes from todays hearing will be sealed? they shouldn't be able to hide stuff from us :floorlaugh:

Wild, along with others, has tweeted that the 10/4 hearing for oral arguments will be a closed hearing.

More and more of this case is taking place behind closed doors with documents sealed. :banghead:

Among other things, this just adds fodder to the rumor mill.

Edit: It appears that the original source of information is the twitter account of Maricopa Superior Court.

An additional date, 10/18, has been added to the case calendar for oral arguments.

Maybe they're keeping the records sealed, because they have potential jurors out there they don't want for them to "know" this information ?? But I've seen when the trial is completely over they do release all these sealed records... hopefully, it will be so in this case!!

Hi Night-Owls!! :wave:

That's punishment. Horrifying, really. But what I like about it is jodi would be unable to prey on others there. The world needs protection from the likes of her - even inmates.

I think a deal is underfoot.

What gives you that impression? This article indicates neither side has much to bargain with. jodi is unlikely to give up her appellate rights and if she agrees to life in prison, she will: http://www.azcentral.com/community/...as-sit-prosecutors-settlement-conference.html

What if they just decide not to proceed with DP and she is sentenced to life in prison. That's what I'm hoping it means.

First and foremost, CMJA has been found guilty of first degree murder, especially cruel.

Whatever happens from here on in, this woman will never walk the streets again, barring some numnuts granting her clemency.

From my biased point of view, I consider that the State has the advantage in a retrial and the defense is at a disadvantage in terms of a plea offer. To me, the only incentive the State has to accept a plea is to save taxpayers money. As Gitana1 said last night, the State may be under pressure from taxpayers to see this through. I personally don't see the State agreeing to any kind of plea.

I'm sure that Nurmi and Willmott would like nothing more for a plea to be made and accepted. They have put so much time into this case and they must be wanting to move on, to say nothing about trying to avoid a DP sentence on their CVs. It seems to me that they broadcast repeatedly that they do not have a strong case for mitigation, especially when reading their motion to delay trial until 2014. They have been trying to look under every possible rock and stone, trying to find someone or something that will speak to mercy on behalf of their client.

It's at the point where strategy is everything if it goes to retrial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni