NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - #19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cubby

fly the W!
Reaction score
Please continue here.

Older threads listed at the bottom of the page.

Just catching up on today's posts. Are we allowed to make stuff up now or are we just grasping at straws?

There are a couple things we "know" that I wish we really KNEW. Like, how thoroughly was Steven's hard drive examined? Were all the folks whose numbers showed up on his cell phone records thoroughly questioned or was it just a fly by kind of thing?

Would also like to know how far back they looked at the receipts (driving records) and phone records.

Just catching up on today's posts. Are we allowed to make stuff up now or are we just grasping at straws?

There are a couple things we "know" that I wish we really KNEW. Like, how thoroughly was Steven's hard drive examined? Were all the folks whose numbers showed up on his cell phone records thoroughly questioned or was it just a fly by kind of thing?

Just a guess: they were identified as "friendlies" (ie, nonsuspicious to the family). I doubt LE ever got involved in that effort.

Would also like to know how far back they looked at the receipts (driving records) and phone records.

Wish I knew. Everything I know about the phone records, has come through a trusted, independent third party. I'd love to have the tower hits for the period 14 Nov--13 Dec 2009.

Just a guess: they were identified as "friendlies" (ie, nonsuspicious to the family). I doubt LE ever got involved in that effort.

That's what I'm thinking - and it's disappointing, to say the least. Overlooking the obvious (or simply not caring) is a common problem these days. :(

Wish I knew. Everything I know about the phone records, has come through a trusted, independent third party. I'd love to have the tower hits for the period 14 Nov--13 Dec 2009.

Me too! I don't think we'll ever know.

I drove by Steven's "house".

Like the SCA area where his car was parked, these are close-together homes. Also like SCA, the street is narrow, and anyone backing in and out of the driveway, would be very visible. (Even if someone didn't actually see the car, the lights would shine in their window!)

It's an odd area for a single guy to rent in, but I guess if the ad said "room for rent" and it was the right price, it'd be an attractive option.

The home appears vacant because one window that faces the street, has no window coverings at all - and the other one has bent/broken miniblinds. Sorry to say, but the home looks very unkempt at present. The house sits on a small lot, and the backyard is fenced with wood, obviously to block the view from the street that abuts the back (ie, there's no neighbors in back - just another street).

A casual look shows debris (old milk can?, metal objects, propane tank? sitting on the side of the home and in the small courtyard) ... and it looks like the neighbor who owns the ski boat, parks it at 1647 now.

When I drove away, towards the freeway, I was again struck by how many businesses there are in that area - business where one could pick up a convenience store clerk job, light manual labor, etc.

I drove by Steven's "house".

Like the SCA area where his car was parked, these are close-together homes. Also like SCA, the street is narrow, and anyone backing in and out of the driveway, would be very visible. (Even if someone didn't actually see the car, the lights would shine in their window!)

It's an odd area for a single guy to rent in, but I guess if the ad said "room for rent" and it was the right price, it'd be an attractive option.

The home appears vacant because one window that faces the street, has no window coverings at all - and the other one has bent/broken miniblinds. Sorry to say, but the home looks very unkempt at present. The house sits on a small lot, and the backyard is fenced with wood, obviously to block the view from the street that abuts the back (ie, there's no neighbors in back - just another street).

A casual look shows debris (old milk can?, metal objects, propane tank? sitting on the side of the home and in the small courtyard) ... and it looks like the neighbor who owns the ski boat, parks it at 1647 now.

When I drove away, towards the freeway, I was again struck by how many businesses there are in that area - business where one could pick up a convenience store clerk job, light manual labor, etc.

The photos of the house I have seen show a gate that looks in poor shape and a few boards missing. He could have come and gone from the property through the back on foot as well his ex roomate that had some suspicious activity.

I recently met a nieghbor on my street who didnt know I had lived here until a block party because he had never seen me come and go...I park in the back. His side dosent have an alley so he never thought?

O/T but that just made me HOOT, Fairy...literally rofl... Thank you for the post. :)

Were all the folks whose numbers showed up on his cell phone records thoroughly questioned or was it just a fly by kind of thing?

Well. Why didn't you ask THAT question sooner? We'd have already had the answer.....which arrived this morning, courtesy of the Deseret News!!

It's the first decent rebuttal of the S&S thing (worth reading the entire thing)....and contains an interesting paragraph:

"Phone records were checked and cross-checked. Neither person called the other or called anyone the other called."

Source: Deseret News, Dec 8th, 2010.

SO...I was very wrong about LE not being involved with checking phone calls. One thing the Powells have done, is bring increased law enforcement scrutiny to the Koecher case, which actually isn't in their favor if they're trying to push that S&S thing.

Well. Why didn't you ask THAT question sooner? We'd have already had the answer.....which arrived this morning, courtesy of the Deseret News!!

It's the first decent rebuttal of the S&S thing (worth reading the entire thing)....and contains an interesting paragraph:

"Phone records were checked and cross-checked. Neither person called the other or called anyone the other called."

SO...I was very wrong about LE not being involved with checking phone calls. One thing the Powells have done, is bring increased law enforcement scrutiny to the Koecher case, which actually isn't in their favor if they're trying to push that S&S thing.

You're right! Not in their favor - but good for Steven's case! LE most likely wouldn't have looked quite as closely without the possible connection. My confidence level is much higher now.

Thanks Powells!

just what most of us thought all along. I am sure there are some people out there who will cling to a non-existent connection for whatever mythological reasons.

just what most of us thought all along. I am sure there are some people out there who will cling to a non-existent connection for whatever mythological reasons.

There's a segment of the population that creates and/or digests vast conspiracies.

Nothing's ever a simple crime, nothing's ever a simple event. The more convoluted theory they can create, the more people they can blame, and the more people they can email their conspiracy to. Then, when an honest site like snopes.com or factcheck.org disputes their theory, they claim those sites are conspirators, too.

It doesn't matter if it's JFK, unidentified things people see in the sky, Steven Koecher or Susan Powell.

OT: I saw an interesting online comment last month, about people who believe chain-letter emails and conspiracies: they're never educated enough to outgrow the gullible stage, and then when they are elderly, they're "poor little old ladies" (or men) who were preyed upon.
The online comment ended by saying that we should keep track of these people when they're younger, so we could steal all their money when they're old. :innocent: ;) ;) ;)
Although that's a snarky comment, I think there's some validity to it. I do know that the people I've seen fall for chain-letter "get rich quick" schemes, are the ones who send me strange "send this to everyone you know" emails. Maybe it's genetic.

Monday will be one year since Steven disappeared. I wish there was some (real) news. :(

Holly, this is completely off topic, but -- I *love* your avatar <3

Did Steven's car or cell phone have GPS built in? Did we clarify that? TIA

Oh, Man! Where are you Steven?! I try to move on to other cases for awhile-but for some reason I keep coming back to your thread. Where oh where can he be? The mysteries of life.....

This article includes the reason why SP and SK did not run off together, as
well as a mention of two possible sightings.

My favorite is....
"Sunday night, the family decorated an evergreen tree in the front yard of Rolf Koecher's home in Bountiful to commemorate the one-year anniversary, calling it the "white light of hope". The family said they will leave the lights on, night and day, until either Steven is found or the lights burn out."

Read more: KCSG Television - Koecher Family Marks Anniversary of Utah Man Missing for one Year

http://www.kcsg.com/view/full_story...ing-for-one-Year-?instance=home_first_stories

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rainydaze17