TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #54

Status
Not open for further replies.

imamaze

Former Member
Reaction score
Hailey20Dunn-120lr.gif

Hailey is 13 years old. She was heading to stay with a friend on Monday Dec. 27th but never made it. She is 5'1" with hazel eyes and brown hair. She also has pierced ears. She was last seen at 1804 Chestnut, wearing navy blue sweat pants, a light colored T-shirt and pink and white shoes.
Anyone who has seen Hailey contact the Colorado City Police Dept. at 325-728-5294

Thread #1 Thread #2
Thread #3 Thread #4
Thread #5 Thread #6
Thread #7 Thread #8
Thread #9 Thread #10
Thread #11 Thread #12
Thread #13 Thread #14
Thread #15 Thread #16
Thread #17 Thread #18
Thread #19 Thread #20
Thread #21 Thread #22
Thread #23 Thread #24
Thread #25 Thread #26
Thread #27 Thread #28
Thread #29 Thread #30
Thread #31 Thread #32
Thread #33 Thread #34
Thread #35 Thread #36
Thread #37 Thread #38
Thread #39 Thread #40
Thread #41 Thread #42
Thread #43 Thread #44
Thread #45 Thread #46
Thread #47 Thread #48
Thread #49 Thread #50
Thread #51 Thread #52
Thread #53

Media Links
Sar information for Hailey Dunn
Hailey Dunn Facebook/You Tube/MM site

You must read this post and hit the 'thanks' button before you post in this thread.

We do not allow rumors to be posted or perpetuated at WS.
Do not post a rumor or respond to a rumor.

No bashing Law Enforcement.

Direct quotes and screenshots from social networking sites are not allowed at WS.
You may discuss what is on a social networking site but must include the link. However, do not discuss or link to sites that are private.
Please do not post about other posters. That is a TOS violation because it is rude. It’s like talking behind someone’s back.
The only appropriate way to respond to problematic posts is to hit the alert button. We will then look at the post and handle it asap. Do not respond to a problematic post. That compounds the problem and delays the solution.
We do not allow the posting of personal information about people who have not been named as a POI or suspect by LE or MSM.
You must include a link to where you found the information in your post.
Just because a person is connected to a case doesn't mean we can immediately start using his/her name, even if it is an adult. There is no need to drag innocent people through the mud.
If people start talking to the media about the case then yes, they have decided they want their identity known. Then you can use their names in posts here at WS.
If suspects and family members are talked about in the major media outlets, you can use their names in posts here at WS.

We don't allow name posting of minors’ names, except for Hailey's, of course.

The full WS TOS and "rules" can be found here: The Rules

'Insiders' or "Locals"
Before you post ANY inside information that could help this case PLEASE report it to the police first. Here at Websleuths, we don't care about having "scoops" or "bombshells." We care about the cases, the people involved, and making sure Websleuths is not hindering the investigation by allowing people to post inside information that the police do not have yet.
If you know Hailey or her family and want to post about her, then WS admin needs to talk to you. Please email wsverify@xmission.com
Include:
The case
Your Websleuths name
Your phone number and a good time to call
Your real name.
In the subject line please put which case you are asking to be verified on.
It will all be kept strictly confidential.
Unless what you are saying can be verified by law enforcement and/or the media, it is not considered a "fact" here. You may personally know for 100% certainty that it is true, but unless you are verified and/or can back it up with a link, we do have to consider it to be a rumor. This is not to single anyone out or to ignore information, but to maintain the integrity of a case and keep the best interests of the victims at the forefront.
Please do what is right by the case first before you post anything on Websleuths.
Do not post about private conversations with case players unless the case player is aware that the conversation is going public.
If you are a local or insider and your posts do not include any "inside" information, you do not need to be verified. Please remember, however, that information as simple as what Mom does for a living or where BF works are considered inside information.

Check for professional and locals here...
Professional Posters & Verified Locals/Insiders

Please Continue here...

No more Topix to be linked or discussed on the Hailey Dunn Threads.

There are too many rumors there that are not allowed here.

Thank this post so we know you've read it.

Originally Posted by grandmaj
I'm seeing questions about sleuthing. Let me try to explain.

Persons named as a POI or Suspect are fully sleuthable.
Minors are never sleuthable. When copying a quote from MSM we even change minor's names to initials only.
Everyone else. You can discuss what they have said in media appearances, what the news has quoted them as saying, and their actions as reported in the news. We don't get into their personal lives, accuse them, discuss their background unless it is in MSM. Only discuss them so far as what MSM is reporting.

I hope this helps simplify sleuthing. I don't know too many people who don't have a skeleton or two in their closet. Just because they are related to, or somehow associated to a case like this, we can't destroy their reputation. Sometimes these associates or relatives move from this category to POI. Then the rules of sleuthing change.
If you have questions drop a Moderator a PM and then you will know you are on safe ground before posting.
Carry ON. Hailey.

Ok, this is a little off topic but not really, :rolleyes:
I have a Blackberry Identical to SA and It is the same year also… I check with the HID numbers from the Affidavit.
Anyways… On the Blackberry there is an option that you can ping towers and change the setting to how many times in an hour you can have your phone do this… (don’t know why they have this)
Nevertheless, I found that interesting… you can even ping OTHER local towers with it…Hmmm :waitasec:
Also… On line there is a website, free… you can set up your phone to text people to their phone… and make whom it is coming from anyone with any number… Like you can make it look like BD phone is texting MB phone and you can set it up to send the text at any time you want… Like say 2:00 when you are busy doing something else.
I am sure LE has checked this out....:sigh:
Now, I am not saying anyone in this case did this but it is interesting to know….

Well, I see we are still on the merry-go-round. And it appears the time line just got murkier than ever with BD's news conference.

I hope she doesn't hold another one anytime soon. I am already too cornfuzzled!

JMO, MOO, IMO, and all other disclaimers.

Well, I see we are still on the merry-go-round. And it appears the time line just got murkier than ever with BD's news conference.

Betcha LE would disagree with you there, tezi. ;)

I have a Blackberry Identical to SA and It is the same year also… I check with the HID numbers from the Affidavit.
Anyways… On the Blackberry there is an option that you can ping towers and change the setting to how many times in an hour you can have your phone do this… (don’t know why they have this)
Nevertheless, I found that interesting… you can even ping OTHER local towers with it…Hmmm :waitasec:
Also… On line there is a website, free… you can set up your phone to text people to their phone… and make whom it is coming from anyone with any number… Like you can make it look like BD phone is texting MB phone and you can set it up to send the text at any time you want… Like say 2:00 when you are busy doing something else.
Now, I am not saying anyone in this case did this but it is interesting to know….

I'm NOT in any way questioning you...but this seems just sooo bizarre...is the website "legit" or like a hacker type of site showing people how to PURPOSELY get around the "ping" location technology built into the phone??
Hope this makes sense....

ETA : And, if these Blackberries can do this, it almost makes LE's ability to use pings to find someone's location near impossible....you're darn right I hope LE has looked into the ability to do this...or they're SOL, so to speak !!!

BBM- Label me cornfuzzled too but I say bring on a news conference, press release, reading of her diary, whatever..It keeps WSers busy and not gnawing on each other.:crazy:

I'm NOT in any way questioning you...but this seems just sooo bizarre...is the website "legit" or like a hacker type of site showing people how to PURPOSELY get around the "ping" location technology built into the phone??
Hope this makes sense....

Just My Humble Opinion

The Ping thingy is on the phone itself... I don't think they made it so people could do something illegal, I think it is there to test your phone and update your roaming ability and update your phone to local towers.

The Website is Legit as far as I know, Many people use it it is so you can send text messages from your computer.

Highlighted by me~~~~

This is almost exactly what I was wondering about in one of my posts yesterday, although I had asked if this was possible to do from the internet.

This is very interesting information.

Gotta get some carp done, just want everyone to stay safe and warm today.:heartbeat:

Just My Humble Opinion

The Ping thingy is on the phone itself... I don't think they made it so people could do something illegal, I think it is there to test your phone and update your roaming ability and update your phone to local towers.

The Website is Legit as far as I know, Many people use it it is so you can send text messages from your computer.

I'm so in the dark about all these type of things...Blackberries, sim cards, etc...so please excuse my ignorance.

Although the "pings" I got under control from following the CA case....that girl was just one big "ping"...LOL

Highlighted by me~~~~

This is almost exactly what I was wondering about in one of my posts yesterday, although I had asked if this was possible to do from the INTERNET.

This is very interesting information.

I don't think Mods will let me post the Website here...

However it is by the same company that has Slydial, where you can leave a message in someone voice-mail without ringing their phone... and then you would not have to talk to them directly...

good morning all :seeya:
I just caught up from last night. I have read over and over again that some people can't understand why Billie didn't call the police, why she asked Clint.
To be 'fair' to BD, this time line she gave us, doesn't have a lot of detail, so we really don't know the 'whole' conversation she had with CD, we are guessing. It's obviously a sore point and yes even a dig at CD that he didn't call.
But I think we have to be fair here, BD WAS at work... CD was at HOME. Why couldn't he call? Why didn't he call? Why did she have to drive home from work and call her friends? Why did she have to go around to some of her friends places? Why didn't CD do this? he lived there too and he IS HD's father after all. By his own admission, he seen her every day, at this point it had been 48 hours since he had seen her too.
BD's plan may have been to go straight to the the PD, but maybe when she got home she found out that CD didn't call them yet so decided to call and check at a few of her friends places before going there. Also, we know that BD has had experience dealing with her PD, maybe this is just the way it's done there. We've had many posters here that say they live in similiar towns where they need to call first to make sure someone will be there. I am not a huge BD fan at all, but I don't think CD should get a pass on this either.

Something else I have been thinking, I am a mom, I have 3 of my own children and 2 step-daughters, they range from 10-25. There have been many many many times over the years that I just 'knew' something wasn't right. Call it intuition, or whatever, but there are times that I just knew. Maybe that is how BD felt the moment she heard she didn't stay at MB's.

I don't think Mods will let me post the Website here...

However it is by the same company that has Slydial, where you can leave a message in someone voice-mail without ringing their phone... and then you would not have to talk to them directly...

Well the good thing is, if he used any of these programs from his mothers computer, then LE will be able to tell b/c they have that computer in their possession. I am certain they are searching the history to find out what's been accessed from it.

Also, there has got to be a reason why all of sudden they (SA's family) wanted that computer back so quickly.

I disagree. She does occasionally say ' Shawn says' in the timeline. But more often than not she leaves that out:

"Monday morning, Shawn quit his job."
[ Did he really? I think that is still in dispute. And it is stated here as if it were a fact.]

"Then he went to his grandmother’s house in Dunn, but they didn’t answer the door, so he came down to I-20. He didn’t come into C. City, just to I-20, and went to Big Spring."

[ Again, this is stated as if it were factual/]

"He got to Big Spring before 8 o’clock, and he knows that because his mother wasn’t, hadn’t left for work yet. He stayed there until just after two."

[ Once again, she says HE KNOWS THAT BECAUSE... making it seem like it is
not in dispute.]

"Hailey left just about 15 minutes after he got here."

[This also reads like a statement of fact.]

"Shawn remained home until he left to go pick me up from work."
[ As does this]

Anyone reading the timeline might assume these statements were not in dispute. IMO

I guess we're looking at two different things. Maybe you're reading one of the transcripts? In the timeline that she provide it says: "SA says that he quit his job.... He claims that after leaving his work he decided to to his mother's house...."

I was thinking that her use of "says" and "claims" was an indication of her openness to the possibility that SA might be lying but I see now that she does assert as fact his arrival home at 3pm and HD's departure at 3:15. It almost seems as if this is where she's not willing to believe that what he said is not true--possibly, IMO, because that would mean she would have to accept that he might be involved in HD's disappearance. I also think that's why she's holding on so desperately to the possible sightings on that day.

(I brought this over from the last thread (I think....we'll see) just to see if I could...and because it was so exciting to get a reply to my first post! I don't know how useful any of it is.)

good morning all :seeya:
I just caught up from last night. I have read over and over again that some people can't understand why Billie didn't call the police, why she asked Clint.
To be 'fair' to BD, this time line she gave us, doesn't have a lot of detail, so we really don't know the 'whole' conversation she had with CD, we are guessing. It's obviously a sore point and yes even a dig at CD that he didn't call.
But I think we have to be fair here, BD WAS at work... CD was at HOME. Why couldn't he call? Why didn't he call? Why did she have to drive home from work and call her friends? Why did she have to go around to some of her friends places? Why didn't CD do this? he lived there too and he IS HD's father after all. By his own admission, he seen her every day, at this point it had been 48 hours since he had seen her too.
BD's plan may have been to go straight to the the PD, but maybe when she got home she found out that CD didn't call them yet so decided to call and check at a few of her friends places before going there. Also, we know that BD has had experience dealing with her PD, maybe this is just the way it's done there. We've had many posters here that say they live in similiar towns where they need to call first to make sure someone will be there. I am not a huge BD fan at all, but I don't think CD should get a pass on this either.

Something else I have been thinking, I am a mom, I have 3 of my own children and 2 step-daughters, they range from 10-25. There have been many many many times over the years that I just 'knew' something wasn't right. Call it intuition, or whatever, but there are times that I just knew. Maybe that is how BD felt the moment she heard she didn't stay at MB's.

Bolded and Highlighted By Me....

This made me chuckle since the whole point of this press statement was supposed to be to clarify and provide greater detail as to what happend from Sunday - Tuesday.

I signed off early last night, good thing, very confused and I would have added to the confusion....

Since I was not around and can not respond to the various post that I agreed and disagreed with. My personal thoughts only

I do not think either of HD's parents are involved AT ALL. Many have said they wish CD would take over with the media, etc. Guess that would not be a good idea. He has only talked once and he was as confused as we all are. BD's every actions, words, what she wears are being looked at with a fine tooth comb which only confuses us more.

Someone said it was DD that told BD that HD was at CD for a little while on Mon. but they could not believe that because only BD said that and that they wished they could hear from DD. I do not wish that on DD, I hope he does not do any on camera or written interviews. I would hope that the media will continue to leave him alone. He is dealing with enough

I know they will not but LE could help us out a lot.(they do not owe us at WS anything) They could hold a good PC and clear up a lot of facts without hurting the case. They could say there was a woman that told us she saw HD with 2 others but we can not confirm that because of XYZ. They could tell us that a neighbor reported he was on the phone at 11:00 in her back yard but phone records do not support. They could tell us that a hairdresser in the neighborhood reported that she saw HD and a little boy but we can not use that because XYZ (the reasons they can not) They could give us their time line that they are using-- a lot of other LE do that- which would let the town know more which could bring in some leads.

JUST MY THOUGHTS

Also, there has got to be a reason why all of sudden they (SA's family) wanted that computer back so quickly.

It's just possible that they wanted it back for reasons that had nothing to do with Shawn. :whistle:KWIM?

I guess we're looking at two different things. Maybe you're reading one of the transcripts? In the timeline that she provide it says: "SA says that he quit his job.... He claims that after leaving his work he decided to to his mother's house...."

I was thinking that her use of "says" and "claims" was an indication of her openness to the possibility that SA might be lying but I see now that she does assert as fact his arrival home at 3pm and HD's departure at 3:15. It almost seems as if this is where she's not willing to believe that what he said is not true--possibly, IMO, because that would mean she would have to accept that he might be involved in HD's disappearance. I also think that's why she's holding on so desperately to the possible sightings on that day.

(I brought this over from the last thread (I think....we'll see) just to see if I could...and because it was so exciting to get a reply to my first post! I don't know how useful any of it is.)

IMO, JMO and all that jazz....

But I am wondering just how much of the written statement that she read from and the timeline that she handed out are truly her own words. Did she have help with it? Did someone else write it for her and then she approved it? Or are these 100% her words?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni