Prosecution of Casey Anthony movie discussion thread

I just watched my DVR last night. Didn't watch it on 1/19 because I was about to go on vacation and didn't want to get worked up. Rob Lowe did a great job. Other than that, the movie did not impress me. It didn't tell the story I know. As soon as the actress who played Casey opened her mouth and said those jailhouse video tape lines like she was reading a telemarketing script I knew I was going to be okay.

I mean even I can't say "surprise surpise" anymore without cringing. That she was able to do so and I broke down in hysterical laughter says a lot about her lack of acting skills. Or maybe my sanity? Hmmm..... <ponders>

Besides Rob Lowe's brilliant acting (and I'll defend that to the death!! I love him!), the woman who played Cindy really got me at one point, when she said "My smalleshtshorkie ...." EXACTLY the way Cindy said it. I remember when she said that at trial, I kinda shook my head and said "what'd she just say?", and this woman nailed that, and the nervous tick arm scratching thing, too. Oh, and the water bottle and the "So help me God" part cracked me up.

Twitter
TVWise &#8207;@TVWiseNews 9h Oct 17, 2013
Lifetime Picks Up UK Rights To ‘Betty & Coretta’, ‘Prosecuting Casey Anthony & ‘An Officer And A Murderer’ http://www.tvwise.co.uk/2013/10/lifetime-picks-uk-rights-to-betty-coretta-prosecuting-casey-anthony-an-officer-and-a-murderer/ …

http://www.tvwise.co.uk/2013/10/lif...ting-casey-anthony-an-officer-and-a-murderer/

Lifetime Picks Up UK Rights To ‘Betty & Coretta’, ‘Prosecuting Casey Anthony & ‘An Officer And A Murderer’
By Patrick Munn - October 18th, 2013 @ 07:27 am UTC

excerpts:

Ahead of Lifetime UK’s launch on November 4th, parent company A+E Networks UK has acquired a number of TV movies for the channel’s launch schedule. The company has sealed deals, with various distributors, to pick up the exclusive first run UK broadcast rights to the Lifetime original movies An Officer And A Murderer, Betty & Coretta & Prosecuting Casey Anthony. The TV movies, which will air on Lifetime UK as part of a strand titled Lifetime Drama Specials, are set to debut of Lifetime later this year.

Based on the book Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony, Prosecuting Casey Anthony follows Jeff Ashton (Rob Lowe), the Florida prosecutor who takes on the case of Casey Anthony. The movie will be seen from Ashton’s perspective and take viewers behind-the-scenes of both the investigation into Caylee’s tragic death and the ensuing trial, shedding new light on the many questions of what happened to the two year-old girl, how Ashton and his fellow prosecutors built their case and why a woman so shrouded in suspicion was proclaimed innocent. With in-depth information about the case and the accused, Prosecuting Casey Anthony will examine what the prosecution got right, what they got wrong and why Ashton remains convinced of Casey Anthony’s guilt. The TV movie is produced by Fox Television Studios and stars Rob Lowe (The West Wing), Elizabeth Mitchell (Law & Order: Special Victims Unit), Oscar Nunez (The Office), Marisa Ramirez (Spartacus: Gods of the Arena), Kevin Dunn (Transformers) and Virginia Welch (A God Named Pablo).

The acquisitions of these three TV movies is part of A+E Networks UK’s strategy to mirror the output of the US Lifetime channel as much as is possible. It also follows on from the volume deal with Sony Pictures Television which gave Lifetime UK the exclusive rights to a number of Lifetime original movies produced by Sony which included Call Me Crazy: A Five Film, Drew Peterson: Untouchable, Liz & Dick, Steel Magnolias and Talhotblond. That deal with Sony also gave Lifetime UK the broadcast rights to the FX/DirecTV series Damages and Lifetime’s The Client List. Since then, as part of the above specified strategy, Lifetime UK has picked up the UK rights to Witches of East End from Twentieth Century Fox Television Distribution and the four-hour mini-series Bonnie & Clyde from Sony Pictures Television.

Tonight (Friday) on LMN:

6:00PM (EST) Prosecuting Casey Anthony (2013)

A dramatization of the infamous Casey Anthony murder trial is seen through the eyes of prosecutor Jeff Ashton.

Tonight (Friday) on LMN:

6:00PM (EST) Prosecuting Casey Anthony (2013)

A dramatization of the infamous Casey Anthony murder trial is seen through the eyes of prosecutor Jeff Ashton.

I've seen this a couple of times, but I gotta say, Ashton did neither himself, nor the case any favors when he sat back laughing. I believe half the case was lost right there. The other half was lost with NO real evidence that tied Casey EXCLUSIVELY to the crime.

Pardon me for intruding, I usually don't frequent the Casey Anthony threads because to me they are rather unpleasant in many ways.

I will have to watch this again. I know I watched it once and even commented but I don't remember it at all.
A truly forgettable film. (lol)

I like that the Lifetime movie is based on the PROSECUTOR Jeff Ashton's perspective of the trial [not the Defense].

Judge Perry went on national television and told the world that HE thought there was enough evidence to convict, and that he was shocked at the not guilty verdict.

I question the motives/agenda of anyone who tries to "sell" Casey Anthony as "innocent" and a "victim" of her father.

- It is a fact that P.I. Pat McKenna and attorney Cheney Mason and attorneys Dorothy Sims, Charles Greene, and Debra Ferwerda and all the others will not get PAID unless they successfully sell an &#8220;innocent Casey&#8221; to the public, and help her get TV and book deals. They have an AGENDA.
However, BEFORE Mason joined the defense team &#8211; he said she was GUILTY.

- Who in their right mind would spend 3 years in jail for a crime they did not commit if they knew it was an accidental drowning?
They wouldn't. They would admit what happened and that it was accidental and they panicked etc. You only spend 3 years in jail if it was a non-accidental death and you were involved in the death.

- Why did Casey leave Caylee with the man who she says was a child molester, George Anthony, many many times?

- Why was Casey LYING about having a job and where Caylee was &#8211; long BEFORE Caylee went missing? She did not have a break with reality and begin lying, solely related to the death/murder of Caylee.

- Why use the Zanny the nanny story for 3 years, until trial, and then come up with a completely new theory at trial?

- What about the decomposing hair that matches mitrochondrial DNA of Caylee Marie in Casey's car trunk &#8211; why did CASEY [not George] drive around with Caylee&#8217;s dead body in the trunk of HER CAR?
CASEY LIED to her friend about the "dead squirrel" smell in HER car [not George]

- What about all the many people who gave testimony about Casey's car trunk smelling like "death&#8221; [not rotten garbage] &#8211; even the cadaver dogs [Casey drove that Pontiac -- not George], and even CINDY who said it smelled like there was a "DEAD BODY" in the car, and her granddaughter was missing.

- It was CASEY's pants [not George's] that CINDY SAID smelled so badly of [Caylee's] decomposing body fluids, that CINDY washed them.
Cindy washed out the trunk of CASEY's CAR [not George's] and sprayed Febreeze in it.
Cindy washed Caylee's mama doll because CINDY SAID it smelled badly of [Caylee's] decomposing body fluids.

- What about the duct tape still stuck in Caylee&#8217;s hair?
duct tape found around Caylee's skull and jaw and scientific testimony that a human body does NOT decompose with the skull and jaw stuck together
and the duct tape matched the specific duct tape "Henkel Brand" that was found by police in the Anthony home

- Why put duct tape on Caylee&#8217;s mouth and nose if it was a &#8220;drowning accident&#8221;?

- What about the other computer searches that ONLY Casey did on &#8220;chloroform&#8221;, Neck Breaking, self-defense, household weapons, alcohol, acetone, peroxide, etc.?
Prosecutors proved that Cindy did NOT make those searches.

- What about the searches that ONLY Casey did on &#8220;foolproof suffocation&#8221;?

WKMG report - Tony Pipitone 5 page report on fool proof suffocation searches
http://www.clickorlando.com/news/Co...nce/-/1637132/17495808/-/9rrlr7z/-/index.html

on YOUTUBE - Tony Pipitone report on fool proof suffocation searches
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zpxS4Nyx7A&feature=player_embedded"]Pipitone2 - YouTube[/ame]

NANCY GRACE report on WebSleuth finding evidence of fool proof suffocation searches
http://www.hlntv.com/video/2012/11/26/web-sleuth-uncovers-tot-mom-bombshell

- Why did the DEFENSE witness, Dr. Jeffery Danziger, the psychologist who examined and tested Casey Anthony say that she did NOT exhibit the signs of a molested person, and he was VERY uncomfortable being used by the Defense to hint that she was abused by George?

Danziger initially was court-appointed to evaluate Anthony for competency, but in October 2010, Baez and Mason met with him about working on the case.
During his deposition with state prosecutors, Danziger explained that this was basically for "reevaluating her, seeing if, essentially, there are any psychiatric or mental health issues that would be helpful towards their defense."

Prosecutor Jeff Ashton then asked Danziger if he recalled a conversation he had with fellow Assistant State Attorney Linda Drane Burdick at the courthouse, in which he said words to the effect of, "I have no explanation for this other than she's just pure evil."

January 11, 2012
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...-anthony-depositions-20120111,0,4079395.story
Casey Anthony: Psychological evaluations unsealed

Danziger told prosecutors he was "deeply troubled" by ethical concerns related to Anthony accusing others of criminal behavior.
"I am very troubled about being a vector by which statements she made may accuse others of crimes past and present. I don't know what to do," Danziger said. "I am just deeply worried that I'm doing the wrong thing."
"I have lost much sleep, lost weight, and I don't know &#8211; I want to do the right thing, and I don't know what the right thing to do is except I know we're here in the deposition and my understanding is you're entitled to it, but I feel troubled," Danziger said.

What OCA story could they sell? Other than a softball interview with the "Dr." what story is there?

ThinkTank I think you said it all.

My only consolation is Casey will get to live the life of OJ.

I've seen this a couple of times, but I gotta say, Ashton did neither himself, nor the case any favors when he sat back laughing. I believe half the case was lost right there. The other half was lost with NO real evidence that tied Casey EXCLUSIVELY to the crime.

Pardon me for intruding, I usually don't frequent the Casey Anthony threads because to me they are rather unpleasant in many ways.

What is "real" evidence? She exclusively didn't report her own child missing/dead. She exclusively lied and made up a story about a fake nanny kidnapping. The evidence of decomp was exclusively found in HER car that only SHE drove. Caylees hair with root banding proving that Caylee was lying dead was found exclusively in her trunk. She exclusively texted Amy complaining of the smell of death in her car. She exclusively borrowed a shovel from the neighbor to "dig up bamboo shoots that were hurting Caylee's feet" after Caylee was already dead. The list goes on and on.

Her behavior alone points EXCLUSIVELY to her. She is the one who was enjoying her 'Bella Vita' during those 31 days .. doing all those things without a child that she was unable to do with a child. Add that on top of the forensic evidence that only she had access to during those 31 days, and it doesn't take a genius to figure out that she murdered Caylee.

If a jury acquitted her because Jeff had a little chuckle at Baez's antics then shame on them for refusing to do their job. Baez was smirking, texting, and acting a fool throughout the whole entire trial, yet you didn't see Ashton or anyone else making a huge deal in the presence of the jury. Running over to the prosecutions table, pointing at jeff, and calling him "that laughing man" was absolutely ridiculous. I watched the entire trial, and nobody's behavior was more repulsive than baez, the defendant and Simms fawning all over her.

What is "real" evidence? She exclusively didn't report her own child missing/dead. She exclusively lied and made up a story about a fake nanny kidnapping. The evidence of decomp was exclusively found in HER car that only SHE drove. Caylees hair with root banding proving that Caylee was lying dead was found exclusively in her trunk. She exclusively texted Amy complaining of the smell of death in her car. She exclusively borrowed a shovel from the neighbor to "dig up bamboo shoots that were hurting Caylee's feet" after Caylee was already dead. The list goes on and on.

Her behavior alone points EXCLUSIVELY to her. She is the one who was enjoying her 'Bella Vita' during those 31 days .. doing all those things without a child that she was unable to do with a child. Add that on top of the forensic evidence that only she had access to during those 31 days, and it doesn't take a genius to figure out that she murdered Caylee.

If a jury acquitted her because Jeff had a little chuckle at Baez's antics then shame on them for refusing to do their job. Baez was smirking, texting, and acting a fool throughout the whole entire trial, yet you didn't see Ashton or anyone else making a huge deal in the presence of the jury. Running over to the prosecutions table, pointing at jeff, and calling him "that laughing man" was absolutely ridiculous. I watched the entire trial, and nobody's behavior was more repulsive than baez, the defendant and Simms fawning all over her.

No Mother duct tapes, double bags and tosses an accidentally-drowned child into the woods. Period, ever!!! Not to mention doesn’t call 911, or report accident to police. No grief, remorse or sadness from said mom. Keep in mind the doctors who examined her in jail said she was not suffering from any kind of depression, psychotic trance, denial nor exhibited any behavior of an abuse (sexual or otherwise) victim. She, to this day, has not said what happened, nor has she ever been willing to take a lie detector test. All of the scientific evidence wasn’t even needed, but certainly proved she murdered Caylee. Keeping in mind that there is a margin of error in most all scientific results, however when you look at all of the different pieces of evidence, i.e. dogs hitting, hair decomp, the grave wax, the stains, the blow flies, etc., the COMBINATION probability of it NOT being Caylee in the trunk dead, statistically goes to zero.

And now -thanks to two very special WS members- we know she searched for "foolproof suffocation". Kinda cements all that very real evidence, doesn't it?

Prosecuting Casey Anthony will air on LMN today (Wednesday) at 2:00PM (EDT).

Thanks, I am a half hour late but I think I can remember what happened. (lol)

How did this ever happen? I am still amazed. I am blaming it totally on the jury now.

Who do you all think are the people that are always browsing these threads?
It sure seems like a lot of people other than lose of us that log in.

Who do you all think are the people that are always browsing these threads?
It sure seems like a lot of people other than lose of us that log in.
At this very moment, there is 1 member (me :D) and 25 guests browsing the Caylee forum.

I'm sorry. I bet I am doing this wrong, but I just got so lathered up about the case below, and then I discovered that Jeff Ashton (swoon!) is reinvestigating the case. The Frontline piece on this case is excellent.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...tine-2-September-2010&p=11424356#post11424356

I couldn't find another place to let everyone traumatized and despondent from the CA trial verdict know that Jeff is still fighting the good fight.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...le-oconnell-investigation-20141003-story.html

Forgive me if this is old news.

I'm sorry. I bet I am doing this wrong, but I just got so lathered up about the case below, and then I discovered that Jeff Ashton (swoon!) is reinvestigating the case. The Frontline piece on this case is excellent.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...tine-2-September-2010&p=11424356#post11424356

I couldn't find another place to let everyone traumatized and despondent from the CA trial verdict know that Jeff is still fighting the good fight.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...le-oconnell-investigation-20141003-story.html

Forgive me if this is old news.

Thank you. I love Jeff A. :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lover305