Monkees star Davy Jones dies aged 66

badhorsie

Mouth operational, brain elsewhere...
Reaction score
Website
ruralidyll.blogspot.com
Not many details yet but I found this link

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nU615FaODCg"]Monkees - Daydream Believer - Music Video From TV - Clear - YouTube[/ame]

This takes me straight back to my 60s childhood

Oh no!!!!!

I wrote him a fan letter once, and I will never forget the day when I came home from school and Mother handed me a letter....from Davy Jones! He had written back. (I imagine it was only a form letter, but that mattered not one bit).

Suddenly I feel so very old.

The thing I have always liked about the Monkees is this: in their later lives- did you ever see one of them in rehab /scandal /trouble? No, you didn't.

And I always thought Davy was the 'cute' one (much like I think that of Paul McCartney)

* just watched the video of Daydream Believer - didn't they have awesome hair?

I had a friend in high school that was so into the Monkees - we went to see them on a reunion tour, I think back in '87. How sad is this! :(

Oh, how sad. As a kid in the 60s, I collected pictures of The Monkees like everybody else, and we thought the TV show was great. I don't think we understood the humor in the show all that much as kids; we just watched to see the guys. And I clearly remember the day my sister bought her first Monkees album. We listened to that thing over and over and over and over.

Remember when Davy was on The Brady Bunch, when Marcia was president of his fan club? A classic.

Saw him perform last year at a Trade Show in FL. He looked great and mid show he had his wife (3rd or 4th) don't remember - come out and do a Flamenco Dance. He was still pretty good and could really move.

Sad!

This is a shock. I've been surfing for the last half hour and haven't seen it on any headlines. Heard it first on Websleuths, OMG. I have a tender spot in my heart for Davy and the Monkees. Hey, hey....love and prayers to his family and friends.

Oh no. Am listening to "A Little Bit Me, A Little Bit You" right now...RIP.

Oh, how sad. As a kid in the 60s, I collected pictures of The Monkees like everybody else, and we thought the TV show was great. I don't think we understood the humor in the show all that much as kids; we just watched to see the guys. And I clearly remember the day my sister bought her first Monkees album. We listened to that thing over and over and over and over.

Remember when Davy was on The Brady Bunch, when Marcia was president of his fan club? A classic.

I just saw that episode of The Brady Bunch a couple of months ago.

This is really sad....66 is pretty young. RIP Davy.

My first little girl crush idol... rest in peace, Davy.

Monkees at their surliest (and thus most-rocking):
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCM7qcRyfKo"]The Monkees - (I'm Not Your) Steppin' Stone - YouTube[/ame]

Another one gone way too soon. :(

R.I.P. Davy :rose:

Classic
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfuBREMXxts"]The Monkees - I'm a Believer [official music video] - YouTube[/ame]

I am offically old and Bummed now.
Davey RIP .
So many good Memories came flooding back in my head when I read this sad news about the Monkees.Knew at 1st they did not play thier own isntruments but we did not care. They did learn how to so they could go on tour.
Michaels mom invented Whiteout.
Mickey is the orginal Circus Boy
But above all Davey was the Glue of the group
He will be missed.
And who can forget the Monkeemobile or buying the chewing gum so we could put the Monkee puzzle together with the cards that came in the pack.

I am just wondering what the news outlets will do? he should get as much airtime as Whitney did. Of course he died of Natural causes and Whitney;s death is still up in the air as far as I can tell.

Vut as far as music goes Back in the Monkees days they were as Big.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back