FL - Jennifer Kesse, 24, Orlando, 24 Jan 2006 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the crime took place inside the condo with Jennifer's body then hidden very closeby, you wonder why would the murderer (or someone working with that murderer) have moved her car from the immediate area? Was it to just throw off the investigating officials or did someone drive it to that location and then walk to meet up with another who was involved and who may have had her body in a second vehicle?

Checking the records as to who purchased the paint, uniforms, etc. for the work that was going on at the condo when Jennifer disappeared is a very good idea. However, exactly how much information would have been obtained from the buyer(s) of those items when the purchase(s) were made?

Thank you for posting that - I really think that the person in the video looks like a painter, too. I know people have thrown that possibility around before, but in the video, I see a man in painter's garb with a Kengol-type hat. It's a hat with a unique kind of brim.

BLKZ mentioned that painters sometimes grab pairs of pants at the paint store, meaning S, M, L, XL sizes - the POI in the picture looks like his pants may be cuffed, like they were too big, and they look like they sag a little. It looks like he is wearing his pants a little "lower"... perhaps pointing to being younger.

Someone posted on here about a killer who was in the Orlando area - Juan Hernandez-Monzalvo and Richard Morales-Marin. Could Juan not look like the POI?? Here's a pic: http://florida-offender.findthedata.org/d/d/FL Look at Hernandez-Monzalvo. 5'6". Bowlcut hair.

I work with refugee and immigrant populations. Even though the workers could largely have been illegal and transient, they no doubt met or knew someone within the community while they were there- at restaurants, churches, stores - immigrant communities span states. But establishing trust within those communities, as an outsider, is extremely difficult. Beyond language barriers, immigration worries may keep anyone quiet.

I have read and followed Jennifer's case loosely over the last 3-4 years and stumbled upon something odd the other day while on a jobsite.

I have my own large contracting company, and work with large subs, painters, carpenters, etc.

I was visiting a large condo complex, and was jolted back to snippets of Jennifer's case when I walked around the corner and noticed a large Hispanic painting crew working on the units- dressed almost identically to the POI in this case. Coincidence? I don't know. I'm no one special...just a hard working biz owner so what do I know.

What strikes me as odd about this case is the simple lack of aggressive investigative work the police/detectives did on the workers who were present on the job and apt complex where Jennifer lived. At least from an information standpoint, that is my opinion.

To put it simply....workers were there painting. As large as that complex was, SOMEONE- whether it was a contractor, building owner or the painting subcontractor himself- had a account open at a Sherwin Williams, Duron, Benjamin-Moore etc.
I know this as a fact.....with numerous men on the job, they would go thru paint and supplies quickly. So quickly that the workers would need an open account in order to keep paint and supplies headed to the job on a consistent basis.

This means there is a record of a purchase of supplies for that job. Stay with me here.....the POI seen in the surveillance video looked to be wearing painters paints....these are not a common shopping mall item- most, if not all painters pants are bought right in a paint store. They are cheap, they are plentiful...and best of all most companies do not frown on employees grabbing 2-3 pairs when picking up supplies.
Did investigators try and find the paint store where these workers were getting their paint and supplies? Did they look thru records? Someone has to SIGN for paint that is delivered...supplies that are delivered, or anything that is purchased in a paint store with an account is the same. Maybe a name pops up that investigators do not have a record of interviewing?

Secondly- no matter if Jennifer's door was locked or not- most HOA and condo/apt buildings under construction have 1-2 "master" keys floating around so that men can get in and out of units quickly. No contractor wants men standing around waiting for a landlord or maintenance man to lock and unlock units that need to be worked on or painted.

Jennifer didn't simply walk out of her building without being seen with numerous workers present. Someone probably had a key to her apt...a master key and was waiting on her, or let themselves in while she was showering. The abductors had a plan before they ever walked thru her door.

I have read nothing about any of these angles being explored.

Just my thoughts...thank you.

if you haven't already you should make sure the Kesses see your post... type it into their guestbook or something

Great post by BLKZ06. The only issue is the use of illegal workers. Day labor is an abundance for painting and contracting in this area and names and numbers not only aren't taken, but not wanted. "Cash only" work ethics makes it very difficult to track specific people. I do agree with you 100%, and great observation that many (including myself) have missed on the painting pants on the POI in the video!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fox News Channel- Greta Van Susteren, cable FNC (Brighthouse Networks Channel 37), is presenting a full hour special on Jennifer's case this Friday, April 18th, 2014 at 7:00pm and replayed at 2am. It will also be shown on Saturday, April 19th at 9:00pm and again at 1:00am. The Special is named: Greta Investigates- The Mysterious Disappearance of Jennifer Kesse. Please pass on this information concerning the show to all you know and thank you for continuing to care.

UCFA - I'm going to spread your post around the board so as many members as possible will see it (if you haven't already done that.) It is good to hear something is happening to get Jennifer's case back in the public eye.

Salem

Fox News Channel- Greta Van Susteren, cable FNC (Brighthouse Networks Channel 37), is presenting a full hour special on Jennifer's case this Friday, April 18th, 2014 at 7:00pm and replayed at 2am. It will also be shown on Saturday, April 19th at 9:00pm and again at 1:00am. The Special is named: Greta Investigates- The Mysterious Disappearance of Jennifer Kesse. Please pass on this information concerning the show to all you know and thank you for continuing to care.

Thank you for letting us know about this!

I love Greta! Shes always did a great job on missing persons!

i'd like to watch the special but i don't have a TV right now. will it be shown online/put up on youtube? thanks

My opinions only, no facts here:

POI = person of interest.

I have previously posted an enhanced full-body image (minus the real face) and detailed physical analysis of the POI in the Jennifer Kesse case. From the first two security cam images taken through the iron fence, it is possible to deduce quite a bit. After watching the recent FOX news special on the Jennifer Kesse case, I became motivated to go back to the security cam images and see if I missed anything. The problem has always been- you cannot see the POI's face. From the shape of his head, I have always presumed that he possesses a more angular/aquiline profile (as opposed to a rounded facial profile).

Anyway, upon reexamination, I realized that in the second of the three security cam pics, I can see almost to the front of his face (in side profile), between two very closely-spaced iron bars. And there is more. If a person is moving when an image is taken, the moving person will exhibit some mixing of pixels with the stationary background or stationary foreground. In this particular image, this phenomenon is expressed by very, very small clusters of pixels (of the person) emerging from the rear iron bar and other very, very small clusters of pixels (of the person) passing into the forward iron bar.

Anyway, I am encouraged now to take a shot at calling this POI out, with a new and more accurate full-body enhancement.

The attached photo attempts to show what I am talking about here. What I see is so subtle, that some or all(!) of the readers may rightfully question my reasoning. But, if I can determine the base of the suspect's ear and the position of his right eye, a vertically-sensible facial profile becomes possible. Wish me luck!

Attachments

• JenniferKesse_method.jpg
    JenniferKesse_method.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 167

Regarding my previous post, I want to show you an image of some of my work previously posted on Websleuths, enhancing the image of the suspect in the Mickey Shunick case, before any suspect was identified. I called this guy out too. I think that in totality, I have better images to work with in the Jennifer Kesse case than I did in the Mickey Shunick case. Anyway, please review my attachment. In the meantime, I will be working on a new and better pic of the POI in the Jennifer Kesse case.

Attachments

• MickeyShunick_final2014.jpg
    MickeyShunick_final2014.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 161

I stay up later than any citizen of the US. In fact, I never sleep. But tonight, I received three immediate thanks for my two very late-day posts, from Floridagirl87, momrids6, and SeriouslySearching. I thought that everybody but me was asleep! Thank you all very much for your interest in this case. I hope to produce something you can pin on your wall while trying to solve this crime.

I also will attempt to colorize my final enhancement, since the surveillance images appear to be gray-scale.

Thank you for the props everyone.

I think the info needed to move forward in this case is out there. Its easy to find out the paint supplier, because the architectural plans will specify what color and brand paint was used on the interior and exterior of the building.

Again, maybe I'm zoning in a little too hard on the painting aspect, but from the info I've read the complex had a large number of painters and landscapers present when Jennifer disappeared. Landscapers don't wear painters pants. That's just a fact. There were master keys present, I promise that is a fact. I have seen them handed out to cabinet installers, painters, carpenters, tile guys, etc in order to access large numbers of units in a complex such as Jennifers.

Does anyone know if the original contractor is still in business?
You brought up the mention of master keys and this is what we found back in 2007 on a review site for Tradition (prior to it being Mosaic):

Date posted: 5/7/2005 I called the police only to learn that they were already there...Upstairs at another apartment that had been robbed with keys!! Management had the nerve to try and blame us saying that we should have had our alarm on but they quickly changed their tune when we reminded them that we had put in a maintanance request to have the alarm fixed because the phone man had to unhook it because it was wired incorrectly and continually went off! The apartments did an investigation and told us that the construction company was supposed to change all of the locks as soon as the apartment was built and ready to be rented but there were several units that were not done and someone had a master key!

http://www.apartmentratings.com/FL/Orlando/Tradition_407363932432839/review-326011

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - FL - Jennifer Kesse, 24, Orlando, 24 Jan 2006 - #3

I admit that I have always been inspired by the 'Hat Scene' in Sherlock Holmes "Blue Carbuncle" case, starring Jeremy Brett. This scene explores how much you can deduce from very basic, seemingly meaningless evidence. As in the Jennifer Kesse case, where a simple white t-shirt may speak volumes.

OK, regarding the Jennifer Kesse case, I am calling the POI out! (Just like I did in the Mickey Shunick case- check my full Websleuths history for the Mickey Shunick case or my recent post on this thread for a summary of my image enhancement and analysis in that case- BEFORE the suspect was identified and ultimately convicted).

The Jennifer Kesse case is solvable.

My enhancement of the POI in the Jennifer Kesse case is based upon the first two black-and-white security cam photos that were taken through the iron fence. From these photos, it is possible to do a full-body reconstruction that captures the 'flavor' of the POI. Almost everything I need is visible in the pics, except of course- the very front of the face! But, from the overall shape of the head AND the petite appearance of the POI (a small wiry man in my judgment), I presume that the facial profile is angular or semi-angular, and not rounded or puffy, although prognathicism (prominent jaw) cannot be ruled out. To account for this latter variable I have averaged the facial profile between average jaw and prominent jaw.

See my earlier post on Websleuths regarding a sliver of the forward portion of the POI's face that is visible between two iron bars in the second surveillance cam image. From this sliver of the forward portion of the POI's face AND accounting for the fact that the digitial image was snapped while the suspect was moving, I can roughly estimate the vertical position of his right eye socket and the base of his right ear. From this information, I can decipher where his mouth should be.

Let me go through the fashion details of the POI from top to bottom:

The POI is wearing a "newsboy hat". In my day we called these 'skid-row Stetsons' or 'slouch hats'. Even though the available images are in black-and-white, by comparison with all other details in the background, I estimate the color is drab, not bright, and possibly dark green, blue, or brown- in order of my personal preferences. I believe that this hat is a personal style choice of the POI and NOT a requirement of an employer.

The POI is wearing a common loose-fitting white t-shirt. But, I suggest that this detail is of significant investigative value. I do not think that a man would show up at a hospital job wearing a t-shirt. The presence of this simple garment suggests that this guy is headed to a common labor job OR back to his domicile.

In my opinion, the pants are cargo khaki pants, very likely tan in color (by comparison with the shade of the t-shirt). The side pockets cannot be directly viewed in either of the two security cam pics that I used because of foreground obstructions, but the overall pants style and body-fit seems convincing. Further, these cargo khaki pants appear to have elastic ankle cuffs. Such pants in my opinion would either be painter's or male nurse's pants.

The shoes look to be black leather work boots, with ankle support, and possibly are side-zip/slip-on, rather than laced. The shoes are 1 1/2 to 2 sizes too long for the POI's feet (but I don't know about the width). I suspect that the soles are leather too.

The POI underneath his clothes:

The POI is fairly light-complected, but has dark (probably black) short-cropped hair. This is a major clue in itself. Most people with dark hair can tan quite readily, but the POI looks like someone who has not been getting much sun for quite awhile. If this guy labors for a living, it means that he had not been exposed to a great deal of sunlight on his previous job AND had only been on the current job for less than a month. HOWEVER, it is also possible that the POI was a reclusive shut-in who was not an outdoor worker or maybe not a worker at all.

The POI has a confident forward-stepping stride, very male in appearance. He is not "running away" in the surveillance cam images. He is stepping forward with a stride that is hard-wired into his personality (at least on this particular day).

The POI has a long torso, relative to his legs. He has relatively short arms and walks with his fists clenched. These body proportions and habits could distinguish him from other POI's.

The POI is probably not heavily-tattooed on his total body, because if he was, there would certainly be evidence of tattoos on his right arm or even the visible portions of his face. In some ways, this suggests that at the time of Jennifer Kesse's disappearance, he had not spent considerable time in prison or running with gangs.

Now, let us examine the hypothesis that the POI is a painter. Why is it that painters stereotypically wear light-colored clothes? My opinion is that this is the culture of contractors who hire painters. They want their workers to wear white or otherwise light-colored clothing to prove to their clients that their workers are NOT spilling paint all over themselves and the floor! Clean unstained light-colored clothes become the proof of their employees' competency. However, in the real world of painting, clothes become quite blotched with paint and everything else. Why am I bringing this up? To me, the clothes of the POI in the surveillance images look like they are quite clean and unblemished- could the POI have put on fresh unused clothes the morning he parked Jennifer Kesse's car? Were his other clothes stained? Did he need to quickly buy a new outfit the day or so before? In my opinion alone, these are the types of questions an investigator might ask of themself.

The alternate theory is that the POI is wearing a male nurse uniform. First, remember that medical-care workers also wear light-colored clothing to show (for cultural reasons) that they are not covered with blood or dirt, etc. However, I am less inclined to this theory than I was previously. If a male nurse needs pants with elastic ankle cuffs, I believe these would be put on at the Hospital from his locker. I could be wrong about this, but I am not being unreasonable by presuming that Hospitals do not let employees walk in the front door to the operating room or patient room with clothes worn in the street, let alone a t-shirt.

I am calling the POI out! Join me with your enthusiasm! (Or not- I do not take myself that seriously! But I am good at what it is I do).

Hey, for anyone here interested, I very recently posted an exhaustive Holly Bobo case timeline at http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=211069&page=2. It does take a long time to read, but this is also a VERY interesting case.

Sleuth On!

Attachments

• JenniferKesse_Websleuths2014.jpg
    JenniferKesse_Websleuths2014.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 190
Fantastic work Mr. Noatak! I applaud your hard work and dedication to this (and the Holly Bobo) case. Well done.

I tried to register at JenniferKesse.com but it seems that registration is currently blocked for new applicants. The site says "registration is currently disabled". If anyone at this thread is already a member, could you post a link there, to my POI enhancement above? My enhancement might be of some small use to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie