jodi arias TAKES THE STAND FOR 10TH DAY #54 *may contain graphic and adult content*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watch Nurmi at 29:30 of part three. Please. What do you think?

i'm gonna play devil's advocate on this one and say that i think Nurmi was about to object and then didn't, and made a kind of dismissive gesture..

although... it does look mighty weird!

Not uncommon for AZ trials to go M-Th. The Judges take care of other business and trials. Also why they start at 10:30 AZ time, they're TCB in the mornings as well.

It's probably added a month to the trial so far (at least!).

Ah...thank you!

Go to 29:30 of part three and watch Nurmi for about 15 seconds. What is he doing???

WOW WOW WOW....Nurmi was totally coaching her what to say from the sidelines!!!

Is that legal???

We all need to keep an eye on him tomorrow and any other day. I saw 2 SIGNALS he did. The first one is where he scratches his right ear. And then immeditely after that he waves his hand/fingers as if to say later time than that.

Jodi was in the middle of answering a question about the time of something happening around 6:00 and Jodi said "around that time".
IMO, Nurmi was trying to tell her it was later than that and was signaling to her not to answer any more specifics about the time or at least say it was later than 6.

Nurmi was making a lot of overt gestures today. At one point he spread his right hand and made a flicking gesture while smiling and chuckling. Did anyone else catch that? How is this allowed? It looked like he was communicating with Jodi???

moo

Probably flicking one of those boogers he keeps digging deep into his nose for during the trial.
--> sorry, couldn't resist that bit of juvenile humor. :what:

Seriously though ... I too saw Nurmi looking like he was making weird gestures in her direction - and trying to get JA's attention today as she droned on & on.
Definitely not right ... wish the Judge would catch Nurmi and his antics and call him out on it.

In Arizona the statutes read the difference between first degree and second degree murder is not intent it's premeditation. So Martinez has to prove premeditation not just intent, for a first degree conviction.

http://www.azleg.gov/FormatDocument.asp?inDoc=/ars/13/01105.htm&Title=13&DocType=ARS

http://www.azleg.gov/FormatDocument.asp?inDoc=/ars/13/01104.htm&Title=13&DocType=ARS

1. "Premeditation" means that the defendant acts with either the intention or the knowledge that he will kill another human being, when such intention or knowledge precedes the killing by any length of time to permit reflection. Proof of actual reflection is not required, but an act is not done with premeditation if it is the instant effect of a sudden quarrel or heat of passion.

Gotta love the A.R.S! (or not)....

Title 13 (Criminal Code) is a great WS resource for this case - and worth a look for the curious. Especially the Justification section (self-defense, justification self-defense domestic violence, use of deadly weapon and much more.

I can't figure out how to link to that section - so here's the index for Title 13, the Justification section goes from 13-401 to 13-421.

http://www.azleg.gov/arizonarevisedstatutes.asp?title=13

Soooo, she didn't tell her high school friend that her parents horrifically abused her. No surprise.

She probably didn't want to hurt her parents feelings. :(

It happened. I LOVED that too. :loveyou:

That was an awesome moment and I hope the jurors caught it.

It happened???

But how does it make any sense?

Nothing that comes out of that woman's mouth makes any sense.

bottom line....she has had no domestic violence in her life. What she is describing as a flashback in 2007 is a variation of what happened on June 4, 2008.

I think she also confuses people with "emotion" as being "abusive". For example, when someone gets angry - they are abusing her. When she stalks someone, hacks into their email account, snoops around their house and sees them with another woman -- and they have the NERVE to confront her-- she becomes a battered woman.
For her being completely void of emotion and incapable of feelings, those who emote and express are victimizing her.

Hinckley, Regan and Iris are names associated with shootings. Iris is from Taxi Driver.

i'm gonna play devil's advocate on this one and say that i think Nurmi was about to object and then didn't, and made a kind of dismissive gesture..

although... it does look mighty weird!

Thanks so much for answering moon bird. (I was feeling very lonely for a while...) You may be right, I hadn't considered that. My impression is that he's either indicating to her that the point isn't important (and to let it go) or he's dismissing/disrespecting JM in an open fashion that is quite obvious to the jury. Either way, I thought this kind of obvious expression was not allowed during trial; particularly from the attorneys?

moo

I like how in the 48 hours interview she says she wrote the family a short note. Didn't JM say it was 18 pages long?

Jodie: "I never killed anyone before". That phrasing doesn't do much for me...sounds like she may have some plans later on....doubt I would want to share a cell with her.

That had to be the oddest phrasing yet.

:what:

Hinckley, Regan and Iris are names associated with shootings. Iris is from Taxi Driver.

Yes I think so too .. Someone said that Hinkley is a name used by Mormons because it relates to someone in the church but all three together??? Weird.

She's sick as if she did that and is deliberately torturing the family which is most likely true. I believe it I believe she is that horrible .. Passive aggressive but only just!! I wish she'd show her true colours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken