IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you mean the "shame on you" comment from Mom?

I am wondering if one or more persons took and failed LD tests, or refused to take them and that is what she is referring to?

Where Lauren ended up...is what is so hard to guess, if indeed any of the POI's were involved.

Police have said Lauren herself was not involved in any fight. I don't think that fight itself had anything to do with her going missing.
If Lauren was present, and she was the subject of the conflict, then she was, in effect, involved, though she might not have exchanged blows with anyone. Another student or a stranger lurking in the shadows would have picked up on what the argument was about.

I honestly don't know what to think. I do not believe that college-age young men are less likely to commit crimes against young women; they are probably the most likely, if we had the stats. Even if the person is not one of the current POI's, he could well be another college student, as the population of that area seems to be almost completely college students and those awake and out at the hour might well be college students. Lots of young men have rage issues or a short fuse, and no one really knows to what degree until it is too late.

I do think the fight is a factor, at least for now. Lauren may not have been "involved" but she may have been the reason. No one would want to admit to that once she is missing, but I believe it was related.

I am guessing that the reason for the fight was that friends of the boyfriend took offense on his behalf, considering that LS brought the guy to her apartment building at ~2:30 am and at least one witness told reporter CR was showing "inappropriate affection" toward LS. But other than that I am not sure what the fight itself could have to do with her missing. I think it is highly unlikely any of the boyfriend's friends involved in the fight would then try and harm her. Although I would not be surprised if they did inform the boyfriend of what took place.

LS's Mom: ...Shame on t person who harmed L and same (shame) to t person/s who know about this information [and need to come forward]...(paraphrased)

So they know she has been harmed? Or they assume so??

If Lauren was present, and she was the subject of the conflict, then she was, in effect, involved, though she might not have exchanged blows with anyone. Another student or a stranger lurking in the shadows would have picked up on what the argument was about.

I believe the fight took place inside the apartment building. Highly unlikely there were any strangers lurking in the shadows. Furthermore we then have her going to CR's apartment and spending some time there, at least one hour. Any stranger lurking would have no way of knowing she was going to leave CR's apartment building and go home alone (if that is what she did).

I am guessing that the reason for the fight was that friends of the boyfriend took offense on his behalf, considering that LS brought the guy to her apartment building at ~2:30 am and at least one witness told reporter CR was showing "inappropriate affection" toward LS. But other than that I am not sure what the fight itself could have to do with her missing. I think it is highly unlikely any of the boyfriend's friends involved in the fight would then try and harm her. Although I would not be surprised if they did inform the boyfriend of what took place.

That is what I believe-that the friends informed the boyfriend right then. What happened next and what, if any, action he took is unknown. So in that way, the fight could be a part of the case, if indeed the boyfriend came looking for Lauren.

So they know she has been harmed? Or they assume so??

Well, kidnapping someone would be harming them, in a way, so it is hard to tell what meaning this has. Or it could be a slip, speaking what one is thinking...

That is what I believe-that the friends informed the boyfriend right then. What happened next and what, if any, action he took is unknown. So in that way, the fight could be a part of the case, if indeed the boyfriend came looking for Lauren.

The likelihood of the boyfriend being informed increases if there were several of his friends who observed LC and CR together.

As horrible as the alternative might be, I have to say, I really hope the boyfriend is not involved...nothing worse for her parents, to have someone they trusted end up being the one who harmed her. Yet it happens, time and again.

Young adult college kids>fine line between eluding police and left the area/state to return home for summer break (be back soon for questioning!).They've got their hands full with the media, the integrity of the investigation, the attorneys, the POIs' reputations, the amount of focus on t case due to effective use of social technology, and the demand for answers.

Unless someone is back-packing in the wilderness or similarly cut off from all communication, how would two of these POI's NOT know about Lauren's disappearance? It would lead you to believe they are intentionally avoiding LE.

MOO, QUACK & BAAAA

I believe the fight took place inside the apartment building. Highly unlikely there were any strangers lurking in the shadows. Furthermore we then have her going to CR's apartment and spending some time there, at least one hour. Any stranger lurking would have no way of knowing she was going to leave CR's apartment building and go home alone (if that is what she did).
How many residents do you think live in the apartment building? How many of these "friends" were present? I'm not ready to exonerate anyone or ignore any possibility, certainly not on the information thus far provided.

Unless someone is back-packing in the wilderness or similarly cut off from all communication, how would two of these POI's NOT know about Lauren's disappearance? It would lead you to believe they are intentionally avoiding LE.

MOO, QUACK & BAAAA

No one really has an obligation to talk to police.

MOO, QUACK & BAAAA
ee-i-ee-i-o :)

I agree.

No one really has an obligation to talk to police.

But, if you knew of the person and had been in contact with the person before they went missing and you didn't have anything to hide, why would you not talk to the police, make yourself immediately available, and give them any information that might possibly lead to finding this person?

IMO, my kid returns home to begin summer vacation, internship, summer job, etc. AFTER answering LE's questions (preferably w/an attorney) if he or she has been asked to come in. If not, he/she would need to bunk somewhere else, and their funds would be cut off in a heart beat.

But, if you knew of the person and had been in contact with the person before they went missing and you didn't have anything to hide, why would you not talk to the police, make yourself immediately available, and give them any information that might possibly lead to finding this person?

That's one way to look at it. The other way is that sometimes innocent people talk to police, make contradictory statements for whatever reason, end up wrongly put on trial, and wrongly convicted etc. One only has to look at Amanda Knox' case-that is the kind of argument her supporters are making.

So LE did not mention Tim Miller coming out with his group to search at all? That seems odd...it is a pretty big operation, not like no one would notice...

IMO, my kid returns home to begin summer vacation, internship, summer job, etc. AFTER answering LE's questions (preferably w/an attorney) if he or she has been asked to come in. If not, he/she would need to bunk somewhere else, and their funds would be cut off in a heart beat.

Hmm. Doesn't anyone remember Mike Nifong? I am not saying all prosecutors are like that, but sometimes people trust too much that police and prosecutors are going to do the right thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10