GUILTY PA - Rebecca Stahl, 37, Hempfield, 18 February 2012

Rebecca-Irene-Stahl_t670.jpg

http://www.wpxi.com/news/news/local/state-police-search-missing-hempfield-township-wom/nJdC5/

Police said Stahl was last seen at her home on Seton View Drive in Hempfield Township. Channel 11 News was there as a state forensic team searched her home Wednesday night.
Stahl, 37, is 5 feet 4 inches tall, has brown eyes and short, blonde spiked hair. Police said she was last seen wearing a brown velour jump suit and white sneakers.
Stahl is a sixth grade teacher at Derry Middle School.
State police said the only thing missing from her home is Stahl's purse.

http://www.wpxi.com/news/news/local/state-police-search-missing-hempfield-township-wom/nJdC5/

GAH. I hate it when the person they live with is NOT the person who reports them missing. That is a huge red flag.

:(

I hope she just needed some time alone.

The comments from her students are so sweet; bless their hearts. They really like her.

I hope she's ok.

What do they mean she and her husband "had" a violent history? Are they still together? Does he still live with her? Or does "had" mean they split up at some point? Some of the comments mention her stepchildren. Are they husband's children? Where are they? Where is he? Why didn't he report her missing?

Honestly, I don't know why they bother publicizing a missing person when they give the public zero pertinent information. Could she be at a woman's shelter? Hiding from her husband at a friend's house? What kind of car does she drive? Is the car missing? If she's on meds she may have had an accident somewhere. Did her father check with hospitals? Call her doctor? Has she left before?

It would help to know all these things. Why don't reporters report anymore?

Most of the articles I am reading say she was last seen on Monday morning. Seen by whom? The last time she talked with her dad was on the 18th, right?

Most of the articles I am reading say she was last seen on Monday morning. Seen by whom? The last time she talked with her dad was on the 18th, right?

Good question. I also want to know when her husband last saw her and his reason for not reporting her missing. I hope they report his version of events.

They got a search warrant for the house. Does that mean husband refused to let them search?

Good question. I also want to know when her husband last saw her and his reason for not reporting her missing. I hope they report his version of events.

They got a search warrant for the house. Does that mean husband refused to let them search?

That was interesting to me too - what was the basis for the search warrant? She's an adult and can leave town for a few days w/o telling anyone if she wants/needs to.

This girl went missing close to where I am from. I thought it was odd that the husband wasn't the one that reported her missing also. Then on the 11pm news last night, it said that she had a volatile relationship with her husband and once had a PFA on him. I haven't heard anymore this morning, I am wondering if they still lived together, etc.

Her sister said that she is very responsible and runs by a schedule. It's also not like her to not call when they had a girls' night scheduled on Saturday night.

I hope she is found safe.

" Channel 11 News was there as a state forensic team searched her home Wednesday night."

BBM. Interesting. I missed that the first time around. A forensic team was called in why? Don't the regular police normally just go in and have a look around? Why would they call in a state forensic team to search? They had to have a decent reason to get a warrant authorized and send in a forensic team.

I hope he didn't do anything to her. I am so sick of this.

Oops, here's the link: http://www.wpxi.com/news/news/local/state-police-search-missing-hempfield-township-wom/nJdC5/

this article had a little bit more info on when she last talked with family and that she also had plans with her sister..

She hasn’t talked to her family since Feb. 18. Stahl’s family said she was supposed to have a girl’s night in with her sister and never called to confirm plans.On Tuesday, her father reported her as missing around 10:30 a.m.
http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2012/02/22/police-seek-help-locating-missing-westmoreland-co-woman/

that being said:
Tuesday 24 January
-started 12 weeks of medical leave

Saturday 18 february
-last talked to father on the phone
-was almost four weeks into her 12 week medical leave
-taking prescribed medication re: medical procedure per her father
-was supposed to go to sister's house later that night but never showed up

Monday 20 february
-last seen at home 803 seton view drive hempfield, pa (by whom and when? some comments on article say she has stepchildren.. there was no school on Monday if they are school age: http://derryasd.schoolwires.com/725...BCOB=0&c=56875&72549462484157Nav=|&NodeID=475) as pointed out by chaddy the kids at this address would go to hempsfield schools... http://www.hempfieldsd.org/District/DistrictCalendar/tabid/119/Default.aspx <<they also were out of school that day

Tuesday 21 february
-her father reports her missing at 1030 am
-purse and cell phone only things missing
-LE says there was a past PO filed against her husband
-no bank activity on accounts per LE
-no word of her wearing a coat (only track type suit)
-weather was in the 30s-40s that day
-father says she is in need of her medication (so I am assuming this was not in her purse that is missing?)

wednesday 22 february
-search warrant served at home
-media reports forensics team was there

This girl went missing close to where I am from. I thought it was odd that the husband wasn't the one that reported her missing also. Then on the 11pm news last night, it said that she had a volatile relationship with her husband and once had a PFA on him. I haven't heard anymore this morning, I am wondering if they still lived together, etc.

Her sister said that she is very responsible and runs by a schedule. It's also not like her to not call when they had a girls' night scheduled on Saturday night.

I hope she is found safe.

bbm,
interesting... as the sister said she didn't hear from her to confirm the plans on saturday which was unlike her

wonder which family member she talked to on saturday? maybe her dad?

bbm,
interesting... as the sister said she didn't hear from her to confirm the plans on saturday which was unlike her

wonder which family member she talked to on saturday? maybe her dad?

Her father says he reported her missing on Tuesday when he hadn't talked to her in 3 days - which would be Saturday. He also said she hadn't been in contact with her sisters, which was odd because she talked to her sister/sisters practically every day. She missed girls night out on Saturday without explanation. I think it's safe to assume she's been missing since at least Saturday.

The news reports say she was last seen at home on Monday morning, but I'm a bit suspicious of that report given all of the above. Whoever saw her on Monday morning at home claims she was wearing a track suit and sneakers - to suggest, perhaps, that she went out for a walk or some exercise? IF that is so, and all was well on Monday morning, why had her family not heard from her after she didn't show up Saturday night?

I want to know where the husband is and if he is the one who claims to have seen her on Monday morning. If it was him, why didn't he report her missing? Her father did that on Tuesday, after three days of no word from her. It is alarming to me that her husband did not report her disappearance if he hadn't seen her since Monday morning.

And the stepchildren - were they home over the weekend or did they spend the weekend with their mother? Did they see Rebecca on Monday morning?

Red flags all around on this one, especially given the history of marital violence.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
legalpyro74
Back