AK - Samantha Koenig, 18, Anchorage, 1 Feb 2012 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi -
Yes, that's right. I don't think we were ever able to establish if that was her "new" truck that her dad said she wanted to work for gas $ for, or if maybe that was an old truck....her court records showed leaving the scene of an accident a couple years ago , and it was supposed that the pics may have been of that truck....

Just like everything else, too many possibilities. aarrgghh

That was me, but to save my own life, I can't find that picture again or remember where I saw it. Anyone else?

Do you know if she had a license or a truck that worked at the time? Why did she have to be picked up by her boyfriend? Was that her usual ride home?

Her dad in one of his interviews said he didn't want her working at Common Grounds, but "she was young and wanted the tips for gas money". Somewhere along the line someone picked up info on her having gotten a "new" truck, but I can't for the life of me remember where they found that info. I am wondering the same. If she usually drove herself, why didn't she THAT night. Or maybe she didn't usually drive herself?

Isamom - do you maybe know if she had her own truck that she could drive, by any chance?

That was me, but to save my own life, I can't find that picture again or remember where I saw it. Anyone else?

I keep having the same problems myself! For a case that's only gone on for a month, it feels like a year, doesn't it??

The comments on ADN are interesting. I have wondering about the BF myself.

from the article:

Video surveillance shows a man holding a weapon walk up to the coffee hut just before 8 p.m. Police refused to describe the weapon or release any images from the video. The abductor obscured the camera's view somehow, caused Koenig to appear frightened, and forced her to leave with him on foot. They walked to the west, police said.

So if you are locked inside the hut, and a customer walks up with a gun , would you LEAVE the locked hut and go with him? I don't think I would. I think I would jump onto the floor and huddle under a table and take my chances. ????

If you all were in JK situation what would you do at this time? It doesn't look like money is the motive or is getting anyone to speak up. What are your thoughts on this? If you wouldn't mind me asking. What direction would you head if it seems the case is going no where.... or no one is speaking up. What is there to do?

At this point, I think I would hire a PI. A good one. He needs to not be afraid of what he might find out about her - teenagers are teenagers, they aren't perfect and they hide things. I think some things maybe people don't know about her right now could help find her.

I agree with the PI.

I however have a feeling there's not too much her dad doesn't know. That's my personal opinion.

from the article:

Video surveillance shows a man holding a weapon walk up to the coffee hut just before 8 p.m. Police refused to describe the weapon or release any images from the video. The abductor obscured the camera's view somehow, caused Koenig to appear frightened, and forced her to leave with him on foot. They walked to the west, police said.

So if you are locked inside the hut, and a customer walks up with a gun , would you LEAVE the locked hut and go with him? I don't think I would. I think I would jump onto the floor and huddle under a table and take my chances. ????

Problem is, the hut is the size of a shoebox, from pics. I do think that once he got me outside I would have taken a shot at screaming and creating a commotion. I think I would have played the odds that he would not shoot me out in the open. Easy for me to say, though, becasue I'm not sitting here paralyzed with fear.....

Didn't she have her phone on her in the hut? Why not dial 911 from the floor or something? I think she must have known him and not expected to be forced to go with him or was even expecting him, but not to become a victim...

So this is his last name
DT? I have been wondering myself. As I do not know him. Interesting.

Edit to initals ... DT
icon12.gif

At this point, I think I would hire a PI. A good one. He needs to not be afraid of what he might find out about her - teenagers are teenagers, they aren't perfect and they hide things. I think some things maybe people don't know about her right now could help find her.

Plus a PI is not shall we say, "legally restrained" in the same way LE has to operate.

I wouldn't want my name out there either!

And, I think I may be starting to understand why this could take LE a while. It's not like there were just one or two sketchy people around. Geez.

Do you know if she had a license or a truck that worked at the time? Why did she have to be picked up by her boyfriend? Was that her usual ride home?

Good questions...why would she need a ride home?

-Driver's License cancelled for some reason?
-Truck not in working order?
-BF using her truck?
-Someone else using her truck?

Plus a PI is not shall we say, "legally restrained" in the same way LE has to operate.

Exactly, and some people do NOT like cops and don't want to talk to them. I think a PI would have better luck with some of the types it seems may have been swirling around her.

Didn't she have her phone on her in the hut? Why not dial 911 from the floor or something? I think she must have known him and not expected to be forced to go with him or was even expecting him, but not to become a victim...

They reported that she didn't even push the alarm button, so either she had no time, or didn't realize the real threat until it was too late (or maybe since she had only worked there a few weeks, she forgot it was there).

They reported that she didn't even push the alarm button, so either she had no time, or didn't realize the real threat until it was too late (or maybe since she had only worked there a few weeks, she forgot it was there).

Or was immediately warned against it because the perp knew it was there, or maybe she didn't push it because she wasn't in a panic if you kwim........

Does anyone else think it's weird that neither DT or SK have active FB accounts? It looks like DT may have recently started one up again (with only one friend and no pics or anything). But it would make sense for them both to delete/deactivated their accounts if they were planning something and hoping to get rid of any evidence or clues..
Just thinkin.. Can LE access their accounts at this point? Even though they've been deactivated, I'm sure it's all saved in cyber space somewhere, right? But if they did both have active accounts and deleted them just before the adbuction, that would've been a HUGE red flag that this was planned out.

Maybe she didn't want to push the alarm button. That would have brought on unneeded attention to the situation.

JMO

I'm surprised his name hasn't popped up on the Find Samantha page yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82