TX - Jonathan Foster, 12, Houston, 24 Dec 2010 - Mona Nelson charged w/ Murder - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.

imamaze

Former Member
Reaction score
Dear Posters,
Please refrain from posting about sleuthing innocent people and Jonathan's family members. LE has stated that MN implicated others during interrogation - however LE says they put those others under the "microscope" and they have been cleared. It is LE's position that MN acted alone.
I understand this is a horrendous crime. However, WS does not want to contribute to the horror of this story by trying to implicate innocent people, including the stepdad, roommate or other family members.
If you have questions, contact a mod and they will help you.
Thank you and thank you for your efforts on Jonathan's behalf.
Tricia

thumb.png

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123690"]Media Links[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=431"]Jonathan Foster General Discussion Threads[/ame]

Message from the Mods...
Discussing the appearance of the suspect or anyone in this case is not allowed. Do not speculate on the suspect's sex or gender. She has been named as a woman. Any discussion of sexual orientation or appearance must be related to the case - if you can't show a connection, don't post it. No Name calling - not even the accused!
Do not post something saying "I think this is the same person..." with a link. If you don't know it is the correct person, do not post it. Post only if it has to do with the case.
Social Networking: No copy and paste. Links only and paraphrase. If the page is private leave it alone, private means private, if its a minor, forget about it! No sleuthing or naming innocents. Jonathan's family members are considered victims - so post accordingly.
You are responsible for knowing our TOS and the rules. You may review them here...
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=159"]The Rules[/ame]

If you have any questions or concerns you can always pm us, we will be happy to answer your questions! All of us Mods are listed at the bottom of the page. Thank you!

PLEASE THANK THE OPENING POST SO WE KNOW THAT YOU HAVE READ IT.

Please continue here...

Bringing this over from the other thread~~

This is why we need the phone records. Was AD driving home and heard threatening things towards J, arriving moments later to find him gone.
Or was AD still at work when the threatening call was made?

My interpretation is that the threatening remarks toward Jonathan were made while AD was driving home...

Probable Cause Hearing:

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/video?id=7871218

I think this was the first time threatening phone calls were mentioned.

ETA: First time I post first on a thread ...yipeeee

I haven't posted in quite some time, but am always reading and appreciating everyone's hard work with all these terrible cases. I agree with whoever said that you think you've probably heard the worst case possible, and then you turn around and there is another one.
MOO is that MN acted alone in the murder and cover-up. My thought is that when she came around at 12:30pm her intent was to kidnap JF then, but perhaps she knew she had been spotted by the witness. So maybe she made a comment about needing SE's phone number, had JF call, etc...Then she left, but continued to lurk for a better opportunity. She very well might have known the family's circumstances being friends with SE. When around 1:45 DD came to the apt. to check on JF she saw that. Once he left she knew now was the time and went knocking again. JF answered the door and wasn't really afraid at first because she'd already been by once. He was in the middle of a show and was probably caught off guard. Once she was in, he must realized he was in trouble, maybe went to the bathroom or something, grabbed his stuffed toy and tried to get a call in to his mother. She found out what he was up to, became angry, talked to the mom, then threatened JF and hung up the phone. I think it was JF who stated it "was an emergency" because when my son was around that age, people would always mistake our voices, asking me if my mother was home. I think his voice just rose in fright. Then she grabbed him and left, perhaps stunning him with her tazer so it would be easier to get him out.
As sickening as it is I think it is possible that the cod is the torch. My thought process on this is that she only had 4 hours, less than that really, to do all of this. She obviously had no care if somebody found the body because she dumped it in such a location that it was only a matter of time before it was found. Why burn it then? To get rid of evidence or to hurt someone in the worst possible way?
I also feel that DD was on his way to being framed and arrested without that videotape. IMO MN knew he'd been there, knew he'd previously slapped the boy, and already had a story in place in case she was picked up.
A couple of things I don't understand though are why on earth would she do this on a carpet in an apt? Did she make a good attempt to cover her tracks or just go to her sister's and act like this never happened after Xmas Eve. I also don't understand when the "threats" came in. Was that on AD's car ride home or back at the office? Because if that was the case, I can't imagine thinking that he'd just run off for a bit. Thanks!

Whew! I thought I was in a timeout or something because I couldn't respond over on the last thread. Maybe go back and post that the thread is closing or something???? Hate it when panic sets in on a Sunday afternoon! :crazy:

I don't know anything about the legal system so please bear with me if this is a stupid question....
This hearing that MN is having tomorrow morning...is it for her to have a lawyer appointed to her or will it be the hearing where they list her charges and she pleads "guilty" or "not guilty"?

Patty and fellow posters:

I cannot find the clip so I'm going to assume it was my brain thinking of different scenarios as I was watching a live clip during this ordeal. In the off chance it is out there, could someone please keep an eye and ear out. Perhaps if I did, it will come out in the future or the past.

Sorry all.

Regarding the last calls made to Mom at work from the home where JF lived and was abudcted from: I think the telephone was taken to place calls from outside the home. Someone else had done an experiment (thanks) that showed you could talk for up to about a block before the phone died. Why else would she have taken the phone? Fingerprints? Not that out of place if she had been there before to visit SE.

Patty and fellow posters:

I cannot find the clip so I'm going to assume it was my brain thinking of different scenarios as I was watching a live clip during this ordeal. In the off chance it is out there, could someone please keep an eye and ear out. Perhaps if I did, it will come out in the future or the past.

Sorry all.

I just did a WS search regarding all posts with "rolled carpet". There are a couple of posts speculating about a "rolled carpet" and then your posts about the rolled carpet.

For reference regarding phone calls.

San Antonio Express – December 29

David Davis told investigators that Jonathan was home playing video games when he went to check on the boy at 1:45 p.m. Friday.

That afternoon, someone called Angela Davis’ workplace, Harris said.

“We believe Jonathan’s actually on the phone and asks to speak to his mom,” Harris said. A colleague who answered the phone said the mother was working and would call him back.
“And then a female gets on the phone and says this is an emergency,” Harris said.

By the time Jonathan’s mother picked up, no one was there, he said.

Angela Davis called the land line where she and Jonathan live, and a woman with a gruff voice answered, Harris said. Jonathan’s mother asked for her roommate, and the woman said the roommate wasn’t there.

“Then Angela says, ‘Well, this is Angela, I’m Jonathan’s mother. Who are you?’ ” Harris said. “And the woman is heard saying, ‘Is Angela your mother?’ And the boy replies, ‘Yes ma’am, Angela’s my mother.’ And then the phone went dead.”

A few minutes later, the mother arrived home, Harris said. Jonathan was gone, and the cordless phone was missing, he said.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/state/article/Burned-body-feared-that-of-missing-boy-925549.php#ixzz19uAtOuoN

Houston Chronicle – December 30

That morning at work, a colleague told Davis her son had called the office, and had asked for Ennamorato's number. She was only told about the call after the fact, she said.
Then a woman called back, saying it was an emergency. By the time Davis made it to the phone, she said, the line was dead.

Concerned, Davis called the house phone again and again as she drove to the cottage, she said. Someone picked up just minutes before she pulled up around 2 p.m.

A woman answered, she said, and Davis identified herself and asked to speak her son. She heard a woman say: "Is your mama's name Angela?" she said.

And she heard Jonathan say: "Yes ma'am, my mama's name is Angela." And then the phone went dead.

When she opened the door moments later, cartoons were still on the TV, and a game was up on the computer screen. A can of Tootsie rolls sat on the computer desk.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/7356276.html

MN Probable Cause Hearing – December 30
Transcribed

Twelve year old Jonathan Paul Foster was taken from his home, or missing from his home when his mother came home from work.

Prior to her arrival, she had received a mysterious phone call from her residence from a female, who made threatening remarks towards her son. Also, witness observed a female arriving at the residence in a grey or silver pickup about the same time that those threatening calls were made.

HPD – Press Conference - December 30
Transcribed

At about 2:00, Jonathan places a phone call to his mother’s place of work. He speaks to one of her co-workers, asks her a couple of questions, the mother gets a little - the mother finds out about it, gets a little concerned, it’s about time for her to go home, she calls the house, and that’s when she speaks to the woman I guess that everybody heard about, with the, kind of the raspy voice. She gets disconnected, she immediately goes home, and Jonathan is gone.

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/video?id=7872370

I don't know anything about the legal system so please bear with me if this is a stupid question....
This hearing that MN is having tomorrow morning...is it for her to have a lawyer appointed to her or will it be the hearing where they list her charges and she pleads "guilty" or "not guilty"?

Yes, it will be for her to hear her charges, plead and ask about if she has an attorney or needs one.

Whew! I thought I was in a timeout or something because I couldn't respond over on the last thread. Maybe go back and post that the thread is closing or something???? Hate it when panic sets in on a Sunday afternoon! :crazy:

LOL, sorry Reannan, I did post that I was closing, I'll leave it up longer before I close it.

Ima

cloudajo,

Do you recall a VIDEO where AD speaks about driving home etc.?

Thank you so much for all the info you are posting.

Yes, it will be for her to hear her charges, plead and ask about if she has an attorney or needs one.

How can she offer a plea if she's never met with an attorney? and if she does plea guilty then that's it right? case closed?

Everyone:
Please thank the opening post so we know that you have read it. PLease do this for every opening post, because the rules are often modified.
thank you

For reference regarding phone calls.

San Antonio Express – December 29

David Davis told investigators that Jonathan was home playing video games when he went to check on the boy at 1:45 p.m. Friday.

That afternoon, someone called Angela Davis’ workplace, Harris said.

“We believe Jonathan’s actually on the phone and asks to speak to his mom,” Harris said. A colleague who answered the phone said the mother was working and would call him back.
“And then a female gets on the phone and says this is an emergency,” Harris said.

By the time Jonathan’s mother picked up, no one was there, he said.

Angela Davis called the land line where she and Jonathan live, and a woman with a gruff voice answered, Harris said. Jonathan’s mother asked for her roommate, and the woman said the roommate wasn’t there.

“Then Angela says, ‘Well, this is Angela, I’m Jonathan’s mother. Who are you?’ ” Harris said. “And the woman is heard saying, ‘Is Angela your mother?’ And the boy replies, ‘Yes ma’am, Angela’s my mother.’ And then the phone went dead.”

A few minutes later, the mother arrived home, Harris said. Jonathan was gone, and the cordless phone was missing, he said.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/state/article/Burned-body-feared-that-of-missing-boy-925549.php#ixzz19uAtOuoN

Houston Chronicle – December 30

That morning at work, a colleague told Davis her son had called the office, and had asked for Ennamorato's number. She was only told about the call after the fact, she said.
Then a woman called back, saying it was an emergency. By the time Davis made it to the phone, she said, the line was dead.

Concerned, Davis called the house phone again and again as she drove to the cottage, she said. Someone picked up just minutes before she pulled up around 2 p.m.

A woman answered, she said, and Davis identified herself and asked to speak her son. She heard a woman say: "Is your mama's name Angela?" she said.

And she heard Jonathan say: "Yes ma'am, my mama's name is Angela." And then the phone went dead.

When she opened the door moments later, cartoons were still on the TV, and a game was up on the computer screen. A can of Tootsie rolls sat on the computer desk.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/7356276.html

MN Probable Cause Hearing – December 30
Transcribed

Twelve year old Jonathan Paul Foster was taken from his home, or missing from his home when his mother came home from work.

Prior to her arrival, she had received a mysterious phone call from her residence from a female, who made threatening remarks towards her son. Also, witness observed a female arriving at the residence in a grey or silver pickup about the same time that those threatening calls were made.

HPD – Press Conference - December 30
Transcribed

At about 2:00, Jonathan places a phone call to his mother’s place of work. He speaks to one of her co-workers, asks her a couple of questions, the mother gets a little - the mother finds out about it, gets a little concerned, it’s about time for her to go home, she calls the house, and that’s when she speaks to the woman I guess that everybody heard about, with the, kind of the raspy voice. She gets disconnected, she immediately goes home, and Jonathan is gone.

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/video?id=7872370

I am elated to see you posting on this case friend!!!

Personally, I am going to rely on what was presented in court at the Probable Cause Hearing...

GMTA at exactly 2:19p Harmony! lol

12/30/10 Probable Cause Hearing

Witnesses observe the arrival of a female in a grey/silver pickup around the same time as the threatening calls were made.

The defendant was identified by the witness as the person that had been at the residence earlier that day on 12/24.

That's ALL there is regarding the time MN was seen at J's home..No mention at all about SD & it's not clear what earlier in the day actually means...Regardless, this was all that was provided of the timeline & obviously needed to warrant her arrest with no bail along with, of course!, the evidence of her dumping the body which really sealed the deal.

I believe LE confirmed the times of the sightings of MN which was around 12:30p & again around 2p..I assume that means witnesses reported seeing her truck there 2x that day=she had come & gone.

[ame="http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Jonathan%20Foster%20%20-TX-/?action=view&current=123010probableCauseHearing001.mp4"]Jonathan Foster -TX- :: 12/30/10 Probable cause hearing video by crankycrankerson - Photobucket@@AMEPARAM@@http://vid296.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Jonathan%20Foster%20%20-TX-/123010probableCauseHearing001.mp4@@AMEPARAM@@vid296@@AMEPARAM@@296@@AMEPARAM@@mm166/crankycrankerson/Jonathan%20Foster%20%20-TX-/123010probableCauseHearing001@@AMEPARAM@@mp4[/ame]

How can she offer a plea if she's never met with an attorney? and if she does plea guilty then that's it right? case closed?

Please correct me if I am wrong but I believe if the DA is seeking the DP it will have to go to trial. :waitasec:

JMHO

My hinky meter is on OVERLOAD! :eek:kay:

Mine has been on overload since the day Jonathan was reported missing. It's full of lies, lies and more lies... so many we don't know much of the real truth. I also don't think MN was alone when Jonathan died. Obviously LE has no evidence (yet) to prove anyone else was involved so the logical conclusion is she acted alone.

I do wish LE would go back to the night before Christmas eve and look at the timelines, possible parties, etc. Perhaps they've already done this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth