CA CA - Marcus Farina, 5 months, Hollywood, 6 Dec 1991

Mrs_Norwood

Inactive
Reaction score
I was going down the list on doenetwork with ones that had possible myspace accounts and I got a possibility with Marcus Farina (family abduction) who has been missing from Los Angeles, Ca. since 1991

http://doenetwork.org/cases/872dmca.html

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=43329046

I think it's a possibility. I wanted to send it in the LAPD, but I couldn't find an e-mail for them and I'm deaf and can't call it in. If somebody on here thinks this might be a possibilty too, could you please call it. Numbers for the LAPD can be found here http://www.lapdonline.org/ Thanks so much :blowkiss:

The profile has been set to private.

Hi Mrs Norwood!

I couldn't tell much from that myspace because it was private, but wonder what you think about this myspace from Venezuela:
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=198465131

The pics are private but there's a slideshow on the right that I believe has pics of "Antonio" (Marcus' middle name). The myspace age is 17 though and he would have been 16 this year according to the missing info you linked.

wow, that sure looks a lot like him. i'd call it in if I were you.

EF141B58-9FD1-49B1-BA4F-4FB72324A625.jpeg 620E5F7E-9FFB-4E86-919D-537E7DEA063F.jpeg 620BBAEC-BA68-468D-A066-22CB938E5AF7.jpeg 4614289F-969E-4C0B-8535-32DBD96F81FC.jpeg A40E90E1-FBC7-4FA4-BCEE-21DCD8F2E7BB.jpeg F801D9DD-6E0F-46F9-9926-5E5ABDF0D0E1.jpeg 8A355C7E-5483-4B49-91A5-1CAEAD4ADACE.jpeg I hope that someone sees this, as I noticed there has been no recent activity on this thread! I am helping a young man who is living in Mexico but recently discovered he was purchased from “a woman” in the US and taken to Mexico, where he has lived for the last 28 years. I wanted to post a photo of him to see if anyone thought he may be Marcus!

View attachment 160220 View attachment 160221 View attachment 160222 View attachment 160223 View attachment 160224 View attachment 160225 View attachment 160226 I hope that someone sees this, as I noticed there has been no recent activity on this thread! I am helping a young man who is living in Mexico but recently discovered he was purchased from “a woman” in the US and taken to Mexico, where he has lived for the last 28 years. I wanted to post a photo of him to see if anyone thought he may be Marcus!

I've seen some of the postings on another website about the man in Mexico...I'm not sure if his story aligns with Marcus or not. Marcus was taken by his father in 1991, yet the Charley Project has a picture of him (NOT an age-progression, an actual photograph) it claims is from 2012, more than 20 years after he was taken by his father. I have no idea where the photograph came from, but it might not hurt to show it to the young man you're working with to see if he recognizes it. It's possible someone happened to take a picture and didn't realize until later that the subject was a missing person. Also, Marcus had problems with his thyroid and pituitary glands...this might help identify him. Police seem to believe that Marcus had been taken to South America, since that's where his father was from, but Mexico isn't completely outside the realm of possibility.

Marcus Antonio Farina – The Charley Project

I've seen some of the postings on another website about the man in Mexico...I'm not sure if his story aligns with Marcus or not. Marcus was taken by his father in 1991, yet the Charley Project has a picture of him (NOT an age-progression, an actual photograph) it claims is from 2012, more than 20 years after he was taken by his father. I have no idea where the photograph came from, but it might not hurt to show it to the young man you're working with to see if he recognizes it. It's possible someone happened to take a picture and didn't realize until later that the subject was a missing person. Also, Marcus had problems with his thyroid and pituitary glands...this might help identify him. Police seem to believe that Marcus had been taken to South America, since that's where his father was from, but Mexico isn't completely outside the realm of possibility.

Marcus Antonio Farina – The Charley Project
Thank you for responding!! Yes, this young man has seen that photograph. He knows that it is not him, but has VERY LITTLE information about his origin. I found that photo a little strange; appearing so long after his disappearance. Also, I’ve only seen it on that one website...which is a reliable source! It definitely could be that someone took it, not knowing anything about Marcus’ case...I’d like to think someone followed up with that. Could have been traced back to (or somewhere close to) the location it was taken. Both of these are very bizarre cases! Definitely lots of rabbit holes! Other than the uncanny resemblance between Marcus and Warren (‘my guy’), he was able to provide a photo of a man he remembers being around his ‘adoptive’ parents and grandparents. He doesn’t know if or how he was related to them, but he looks identical to some of the photos of Marcus’ father!

You said you’ve noticed this guy post on different pages, do you get a sense that he’s being geniune? I’ve wondered if there may be I’ll intent, but I certainly don’t want to dismiss it because of my experience with not-so-honest people! [rock<ME>hard place] I’m beginning to think Warren’s case may be one better investigated by a resourceful agency! Thanks for your response!
•MMcG•

Thank you for responding!! Yes, this young man has seen that photograph. He knows that it is not him, but has VERY LITTLE information about his origin. I found that photo a little strange; appearing so long after his disappearance. Also, I’ve only seen it on that one website...which is a reliable source! It definitely could be that someone took it, not knowing anything about Marcus’ case...I’d like to think someone followed up with that. Could have been traced back to (or somewhere close to) the location it was taken. Both of these are very bizarre cases! Definitely lots of rabbit holes! Other than the uncanny resemblance between Marcus and Warren (‘my guy’), he was able to provide a photo of a man he remembers being around his ‘adoptive’ parents and grandparents. He doesn’t know if or how he was related to them, but he looks identical to some of the photos of Marcus’ father!

You said you’ve noticed this guy post on different pages, do you get a sense that he’s being geniune? I’ve wondered if there may be I’ll intent, but I certainly don’t want to dismiss it because of my experience with not-so-honest people! [rock<ME>hard place] I’m beginning to think Warren’s case may be one better investigated by a resourceful agency! Thanks for your response!
•MMcG•

My husband read something about him first, and when he tried to describe it to me, my initial thought was "no way is this guy for real!" but as I read more about it, I got the sense that he is being truthful. Of course, that doesn't mean whoever told him about what took place when he was a baby is telling the truth, but I don't see what they have to gain by making false claims this many years later. We've seen quite a few case in the past couple years where people who were kidnapped as infants have been found as adults, so it can definitely happen. DNA is probably the best way to determine where he came from, maybe narrow his search down to a specific part of the country if DNA determines he has "cousins" somewhere. It's definitely an intriguing case, and stranger things have happened! I hope he can get some answers one way or the other.

My husband read something about him first, and when he tried to describe it to me, my initial thought was "no way is this guy for real!" but as I read more about it, I got the sense that he is being truthful. Of course, that doesn't mean whoever told him about what took place when he was a baby is telling the truth, but I don't see what they have to gain by making false claims this many years later. We've seen quite a few case in the past couple years where people who were kidnapped as infants have been found as adults, so it can definitely happen. DNA is probably the best way to determine where he came from, maybe narrow his search down to a specific part of the country if DNA determines he has "cousins" somewhere. It's definitely an intriguing case, and stranger things have happened! I hope he can get some answers one way or the other.
I agree completely! He actually (said) that he did the DNA submission and he was matched to one man in the US, but I haven't been able to make a connection. I hope he finds the truth!
*MMcG*

View attachment 160220 View attachment 160221 View attachment 160222 View attachment 160223 View attachment 160224 View attachment 160225 View attachment 160226 I hope that someone sees this, as I noticed there has been no recent activity on this thread! I am helping a young man who is living in Mexico but recently discovered he was purchased from “a woman” in the US and taken to Mexico, where he has lived for the last 28 years. I wanted to post a photo of him to see if anyone thought he may be Marcus!
That lower left hand pic sure looks like the age progression

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeachyTee
Back