GUILTY TX - Fionna Olander, 30, & Korryn Threadgill, 10, slain, Kaufman County, 8 Nov 2009

Very sad. Bless them..

This location is very close to where I live also. I have not seen any missing persons reports of two females missing from any of the surrounding counties. These articles did not say how long the bodies have been there, most likely they have not been reported missing.

Kaelee

On Thursday, law enforcement sources told us the two had been identified as 30-year-old Fionna Olander and 10-year-old Korryn Threadgill. It is not known if the two are related. Authorities have also not yet said how they died other than by homicidal violence. More at link.

A suspect has been arrested in connection with the discovery of two bodies in the Post Oak Bend area.

Kaufman County Sheriff David Byrnes said Thursday that Martin McKee, 37, of Farmers Branch was arrested Wednesday evening in Farmers Branch and is in custody of Kaufman County authorities. No bond has been set.

McKee is being charged with capital murder after the bodies of two deceased females were discovered by a pedestrian Tuesday on County Road 280, a little more than a mile from Farm-to-Market Road 987. More at link.

Another link: http://cbs11tv.com/local/kafuman.county.post.2.1306630.html with photo of suspect
kaelee

This is so tragic! My in-laws live in Wylie, and this is so close! My sis-in-law used to live right there too- with her two kids, including a girl who is 12 :eek:
She recently got involved with some guy she barely knows (we call that SGSBK around our house) and we are worried. Not saying that this mom did, but it's easy for it to happen. So scary!!

I'm grateful that someone questioned that the little girl missed school and said something right away- hopefully this guy will get what's coming to him! (if he's the one) ....:furious:

Hi,
Just wanted to throw some updated information in here for this case. I have been working with the father and grandfather of the victims, and this case gives me chills. There is a ton of information that is not being released to the public, and even to the family. As of the last update from the Kaufman County DA, Rick Harrison, the county does not have the finances or the desire to pursue the death penalty, and that he wants to have the cases finished out in court before he leaves office, as he lost the last election, and has pending DUI charges of his own to deal with. Needless to say, this has left the family feeling extremely angry, frustrated, and alone. They have had a very difficult time in getting any information about what is going on in the case, and they are not even notified of upcoming court dates, etc. They have found a website to stay abreast of the court dates, yet, they have been contacted on several occasions by the DA's office to tell them that they do not need to go to court as the dates were changed, only to find out that court DID take place as scheduled, and they were lied to about the changes to the court dockets. Something is very fishy about this case and the way it is being handled......
If any of you would like more information, please feel free to send me a message, and I will gladly forward all the files I have... The more eyes on this one the better!!

Hi, All,
Just wanted to update you on the latest trial dates. Martin Mckee will go on trial on October 14, 2010. Virginia Youngblood will go on trial November 29, 2010.

Hi, All,
Just wanted to update you on the latest trial dates. Martin Mckee will go on trial on October 14, 2010. Virginia Youngblood will go on trial November 29, 2010.

It would be good to have this case moved to 'awaiting trial', don't you think?

With victims names & the accused name so that there would be a spotlight on this case.

Martin Mckee was found Guilty of both murders in Kaufman County last Tuesday. He was automatically sentenced to life without parole. His co-defendant, Virginia Youngblood now goes to trail November 29, 2010.

Pardon me for not keeping completely up, but was Martin McKee in any way related to any of the victims, or is this a random act of violence?

Pardon me for not keeping completely up, but was Martin McKee in any way related to any of the victims, or is this a random act of violence?

The older victim was McKee's "girlfriend." Based on this article, he sounds like a creep (not including a double murderer).

http://www.examiner.com/crime-in-da...ct-returned-kaufman-county-double-murder-case

Youngblood testified that she was involved with Martin McKee and that on the weekend of the killings in November 2009, they had both been using a lot of drugs. She also described McKee as a gigolo and said that Ms. Olander knew that McKee had several girlfriends. Youngblood is being held at the Kaufman County Justice Center with no bail as she awaits her trial. She was given no plea agreement for her testimony.

Yes, Martin Mckee was dating Fionna. As of the last court date Virginia Youngblood was offered a plea for 25 years with a chance for parole after 12 and 1/2 years - she refused the offer and is determined to go to trial. The new date as now been set for April 18, 2011. There will be a March 16th pre-trial hearing of any motions in the case. Now let's just hope that the new DA will pursue the death penalty for this mother and child.

Also, just out of curiosity - we have found other cases that we believe Martin McKee has been involved in, possibly with or without his "partner in crime", Virginia Youngblood. Does anyone know where we should take this information? The DA now, Rick Harrison, is not the least bit interested.... anyone got any friends in the FBI??

It seems that you could always contact the State's Attorney General, or equivalent.

If you decide to do this, it would be best to give as many details as you possibly can in a very coherent and easy to read manner.

Use bullet points where appropriate, dates, names, etc.

Send via snail mail and not email, as emails frequently tend to get deleted without being read.

You should also send a copy to the local DA. If there are any crimes that cross state lines, you could send a copy to the local FBI office.

Well, it seems that, although DA Rick Harrison denied it, Virginia Youngblood WAS offered a plea in exchange for her testimony. She has accepted the plea this week. She received 25 years, and will be eligible for parole in 12 years..... it hardly seems fair that she participated in the murders of two people, one of which was a child, and she barely got a slap on the wrist. I am so sad for the Olander family and what they are going through. I am even more sad for Fionna Olander and her beautiful daughter, Korryn. What a travesty of justice.:banghead:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back