MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what the significance of April would be if true. Is that when he gets his annual vacation time off I wonder?

It would likely be the anniversary of a trauma that he's reliving or acting out about. or the b'day or death of an abusive family member?

or tax refund time? he needs some extra cash to pull these things off?

On another subject- I drove past the Neugent sand company- which was in the direction the van was heading. The entrance is a wide dirt lane and the entire way up the road they have private property signs all over....

My gut says to search there vs. wooded areas or dunes, because this access road allows the van to travel without being seen, and without needing to risk parking and leaving a vehicle.

if you are local can you call that in? I believe there is reason to feel the sand mining industry is a lead in this case.

It would likely be the anniversary of a trauma that he's reliving or acting out about. or the b'day or death of an abusive family member?

or tax refund time? he needs some extra cash to pull these things off?

I think it could be any of these, or the weather. Tax refund is something I hadn't thought about. Money = freedom to take time off of work, rent a storage space or motel room, buy gas for a long drive...

It would likely be the anniversary of a trauma that he's reliving or acting out about.

My thoughts, exactly! What happened in April to set him off, make him so angry at women, make him act out in order to feel some internal sense of control?

That is, IF this is a serial killer targeting petite blonde women in April. Statistically, it's more likely these women were killed by someone in their lives, as opposed to a roving serial killer.

Regardless, anyone who kidnaps/rapes/murders women CLEARLY has anger & hatred toward women.

Where are you, Jessica??? :(

Earlier post mentioned LE should be looking for surveillance video from earlier in the day. I would bet the perp travelled the route several times before the abduction. I think the video is the most likely way to catch him or if someone recognizes the sketch and tips off police. I sure hope LE is scouring all video from any businesses in the sourounding area. There are only so many vans on a given day. I would also check other gas stations. Driving around a lot he would eventually need to fill up for gas. Time is of the essence. Video isn't saved forever.

yep the cctv is not kept forever. It should be in a data base. Forever. I'm leaning closer and closer to wanting CCTV in America myself.

I don't think he went to either, but he could well have, who knows...just noting that according to google maps,

From the Exxon at
1196 E Sternberg Rd, Norton Shores, MI 49444

"Detroit, MI" is 192 miles away
"Chicago, IL" is 179 miles away.

Fort Wayne, IN is about 200 miles
Indy itself just under 300 miles
Dayton, OH, about 5 hours drive.

Course, there's Grand Rapids, Lansing, Battle Creek, Kalamazoo etc, etc much closer in Michigan itself.

Bumping this for no reason in particular, lol.

I think it could be any of these, or the weather. Tax refund is something I hadn't thought about. Money = freedom to take time off of work, rent a storage space or motel room, buy gas for a long drive...

Yes, but you know with that 400 dollars of Jessica's left at the station, plus no money was taken from the register, you would think that money from Jessica and the register would have come in handy to the perp, so it is perplexing to me why the money was not taken, except in the case that Jessica was the only reason behind the kidnapping, so no money was needed for this kidnapper, as he either had enough money, or money was not even in the thought process to this kidnapper.

Yes, but you know with that 400 dollars of Jessica's left at the station, plus no money was taken from the register, you would think that money from Jessica and the register would have come in handy to the perp, so it is perplexing to me why the money was not taken, except in the case that Jessica was the only reason behind the kidnapping, so no money was needed for this kidnapper, as he either had enough money, or money was not even in the thought process to this kidnapper.
Money wasn't his motive. A psychologist probably could explain. He may even have twisted morals where stealing is wrong but kidnapping and the like is okay with him.

Or he never entered the store and wanted to get her and go quickly to avoid being seen or caught.

I was following a silver Town and Country yesterday by coincedence and couldn't keep this case out of my mind. Was envisioning JH tied up in back of van and I nearly started to tear up thinking about her. Her family bust be going through a nightmare

I think the perp came into the gas station with some kind of problem and lured her outside got Jessica towards the van and then there was a short struggle and he pushed her inside. If he robbed the gas station before luring her out she wouldn't have gone out with him. He had to do this as quickly as possible before another customer came. Jessica was kidnapped in the forecourt or round the back I am sure of it. Money was not a motive at all getting Jessica was.

Suddenly wondering if he went there to rob her. Maybe she made a comment (she's scrappy) and he realized she would be able to ID him so he panicked and took her instead. Maybe not a professional type of criminal.

i'm gonna contact the airport car rental agencies and ask them to look through their systems and contact the police if anything is amiss-

Please don't insert yourself into the investigation. Call your thoughts or tips into police and let them disseminate the value of it in accordance to evidence on hand. Contacting local establishments can be construed as harrassment and can even impede the investigation.

IMO.

Suddenly wondering if he went there to rob her. Maybe she made a comment (she's scrappy) and he realized she would be able to ID him so he panicked and took her instead. Maybe not a professional type of criminal.

You know, this has been on my mind from the beginning. I don't think its entirely impossible that this has been a robbery gone bad. As you said, if she could ID him, or maybe he took a hostage to facilitate his escape.

On Page 1 of Thread 1, post 8, I linked to a robbery that occurred on Friday where the suspect's clothing and description is similar. Lotus and I compared the descriptions. IF by chance these cases are connected, he may be in desperate state of mind not to be caught.

Hi everyone,

one less "guest" out there! I was a member back in 2005, but haven't been back since until this last week because I'm interested in Jessica's case. I have an online friend who lives in Muskegon & she has been posting info on fb about it.

Your kind moderators have been helpful with me getting out of my "temporary ban" since I hadn't been here in so many years.

Money wasn't his motive. A psychologist probably could explain. He may even have twisted morals where stealing is wrong but kidnapping and the like is okay with him.

Or he never entered the store and wanted to get her and go quickly to avoid being seen or caught.

I was following a silver Town and Country yesterday by coincedence and couldn't keep this case out of my mind. Was envisioning JH tied up in back of van and I nearly started to tear up thinking about her. Her family bust be going through a nightmare

Exactly, I agree money was not a motive.

Case after case unfold here at WS. And in ALOT of cases cell phone pings are brought up and examined. Have we ever seen a situation here,where a cell ping lead us to our missing person? Im not being snarky...I promise. Im seriously curious.
I remember spending hours and hours going over the cell phone info in the Mackenzie Cowell case.....but nothing. It just seems so plausible and "easy",but it never leads to whom we are searching for.
IDK...pardon the interuption. You guys are doing great :)

The cell pings are analyzed to gather evidence that a person was or wasn't where they claim they were when LE already has a poi in mind.

I'm not sure if cell pings have ever been used to pluck a poi out of a bunch of cell phone users (make sense?). In an unpopulated area, I suppose it's possible. In that remote of an area though, I wonder if there are any cell towers? :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288