MA MA - Vicke Lamberton, 24, Worcester, 12 Feb 1974

bilde

These pictures are contemporary-was the Colorado Jane Doe ruled out against her? I realize I am jumping in here late in the game...

bilde

These pictures are contemporary-was the Colorado Jane Doe ruled out against her? I realize I am jumping in here late in the game...

She really changes her looks with the different colors and hairstyles.. she doesn't even look like the same person.

There is a 59 year old Ann Larson living in Worcester. There are a few others in the right age in Massachusetts as a whole too. I would have thought the police looked into this person but you never know...

I don't have a subscription to Intelius but she is on there.

I want to close the loop on the Colorado Jane Doe being compared to Vickie in 2006-Jane Doe was identified as Dorothy Gay Howard in 2009. Here is some media about the work done to finally lay Ms Howard to rest:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/11/04/dorothy-gay-howard-jane-d_n_345280.html

The solution to Colorado Jane Doe can also be attributed to Silvia Pettem, author of the book Someone's Daughter.

Here is some information from Ms Pettem's point of view:
http://www.silviapettem.com/JANE%20DOE%20articles/Epilogue.html

Hopefully there will be someone to champion Vickie's case in the same fashion. :)

Vickie Lee Lamberton has been missing for over 40 years now.

Just wanted to make something clear about the Jane Doe identified in CO...the post earlier in this thread was referring to a Jane Doe found in Colorado in 1995, the Jane Doe identified as Dorothy Gay Howard was found in 1955 and was very recognizable. Not sure if they ever ruled out the first Jane Doe that was posted in the beginning of this thread as Mrs Lamberton, but the body found that was identified as Dorothy Gay Howard was doin almost 20 years before Mrs Lamberton went missing. Thanks for the info about that Doe being identified, cause I read the story and it was great that they identified her.

Vicke Lee Lamberton

Profiles
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/4933/2
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/l/lamberton_vicke.html
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/737dfma.html
http://www.missingin.org/reg2831/vicke_lee_lamberton.htm
http://www.nampn.org/cases/lamberton_vicke.html

little new details from articles
Jul 16, 2012
There were different boyfriends, many of them teachers or college professors. Mrs. Lamberton ended up coming to Worcester with her future husband, Mr. Lamberton.

He had been her college professor at Union College in Lincoln, Neb. They moved here in 1968 and married a year later.

Mrs. Lamberton received a degree from Clark University. She then earned her master's degree in psychology at Assumption College. But she never accepted her degree, and it was mailed to her husband after she disappeared.

After roughly five years of marriage, Mr. and Mrs. Lamberton separated. She moved to another apartment in the city.
http://www.telegram.com/article/20120716/NEWS/107169901

Friend of Vicke and her confidante, Ms Anne Lawson, now living in Florida saw LE appeal and reached out to them
Apr 5, 2013
In his interview with Ms. Lawson, Detective Sullivan learned Mrs. Lamberton was an acquaintance of another area college professor while she lived in Worcester. The detective also talked to that man, who now lives in California, but he said he didn't know Mrs. Lamberton was missing.
http://www.telegram.com/article/20130405/NEWS/104059695

I have not seen it mentioned here yet, but place R.Barker supposedly went skiing with his wife and/ or Vicke in Colorado was Vale, in some places spelled also Vail, not sure which one is correct spelling and which is typo.

I wonder if Barker and his wife are still alive? They should interview them if they are! It sounds like she went to CO to be with him. I wonder if the wife was never really supposed to go, but found out he was going and invited herself along. Maybe he was afraid they would run into each other so he killed her. I will go check for Jane Does from CO right now!
Could this be him?
It says he married in 1978, that doesn't fit with the information... Maybe she was his fiancee in 1974.

Taking into account the decades that have passed and the fact that the only potential suspect is dead, it's very difficult to get any answers... but not impossible.

As the most obvious way to get Vail, Colorado, from Worcester, Massachusetts, is by plane, I would like to know if someone checked the list of passengers of the planes that landed in Colorado from Massacgusetts during those days.

It would be very interesting to talk to former employees of the hotel where Barker was staying (and the others, too) and it would be great to know his credit cards' movements. Maybe someone remembers her, not likely, but...

And, finally, I think it's important to verify Barker's pneumonia alibi. According to some sources, usually patients with pneumonia stay three or four days in hospital... Barker said he stayed two weeks. Is there any record in Vail hospitals about him? Did he pay to any hospital at all?

As far as I know, he was still married to Louann (later he married another woman); perphaps she recalls something important.

• vicke_lee_lamberton_1.jpg
  • vicke_lee_lamberton_3.jpg
  • vicke_lee_lamberton_4.jpg
  • vicke_lee_lamberton_5.jpg
  • vicke_lee_lamberton_6.jpg
Lamberton, circa 1974
  • Missing Since 02/01/1974
  • Missing From Worcester, Massachusetts
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race White
  • Date of Birth 10/30/1949 (74)
  • Age 24 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'3, 110 pounds

• Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Light brown hair, brown eyes. Lamberton's maiden name is Lockwood.

Details of Disappearance​

Lamberton was getting a master's degree in psychology at Assumption College in Worcester, Massachusetts in 1974; her undergraduate degree was from Clark University. She and her husband were separated by February 1974.

Around that time, Lamberton moved out of the residence they shared with one of her brothers. She stored the majority of her personal belongings in a garage owned by her psychology professor, Dr. Roger Barker. Barker assisted Lamberton when she moved out of her home. He also accompanied her to New York City, New York when she applied for her psychology doctorate at Columbia University in early 1974.

Lamberton's husband suspected that she was involved in a relationship with Barker at the time, though it has never been confirmed. He and her brother saw Lamberton and Barker together at a local Worcester shopping mall prior to Lamberton's February disappearance.

Lamberton called her husband after they had been separated for approximately six weeks sometime during February. They discussed the possibility of reconciliation and Lamberton said she would see him after returning from a weekend trip to Maine with one of her girlfriends. Lamberton has never been seen again.

Her husband became concerned when his wife failed to contact him after the weekend and called the girlfriend Lamberton supposedly accompanied to Maine. The friend said that she and Lamberton had not spoken recently and that there had been no trip to Maine the previous weekend.

Lamberton's husband went to Assumption College to ask if Barker had any knowledge of his wife's whereabouts. Staff members told him that Barker was in Vale, Colorado for a skiing trip. He had only planned to spend the weekend, but had been hospitalized with pneumonia and would be in Colorado for two weeks. Barker's wife had already returned to Massachusetts, however.

Lamberton's husband suspected that she was in Colorado with Barker, although this has not been proven. He visited Barker sometime during March 1974, approximately one month after Lamberton was last seen.

Barker admitted that he was storing her belongings in his garage, but claimed he did not know Lamberton well and did not know her whereabouts. He also insinuated he believed Lamberton found another romantic partner.

Lamberton's two brothers retrieved her possessions from Barker's garage in 1975, one year after their sister disappeared. None of her friends knew anything about her location or her plans. Barker again maintained that he knew nothing about Lamberton's disappearance.

Some of Lamberton's family members believed she chose to leave voluntarily and found a new relationship with another man. She apparently told her husband that she considered such an idea prior to her disappearance. As a result, a missing person's report was never filed for Lamberton with law enforcement at the time she was last seen; in fact, she wasn't officially reported missing until 2010, 36 years later.

Lamberton's Social Security number has not been utilized since 1974 and she has not renewed her driver's license since her disappearance.

One of Lamberton's brothers located a friend of his sister in 1980. The friend had not been questioned after Lamberton's initial 1974 disappearance. She said that Lamberton called her the night she last spoke to her estranged husband.

Lamberton reportedly told her friend that she was going to Colorado with Barker that weekend in February 1974. The friend also said that Lamberton mentioned possible future marriage plans with Barker. Lamberton promised to call her friend when she returned from Colorado, but her friend never heard from her again.

The exact circumstances surrounding Lamberton's case are not known. She is a native of Harper, Kansas, but told people she was originally from Colorado; her husband believes she was ashamed of her upbringing. She resided in the 20 block of Westford Road in Worcester at the time she vanished. Her disappearance remains unsolved.

Investigating Agency​

• Worcester Police Department 508-799-8651

Source Information​

Updated 2 times since October 12, 2004. Last updated July 18, 2012; two pictures added, details of disappearance updated.

Identifiers​

Dentals: Unknown
Fingerprints: Unknown
DNA: Available

<<Circumstances of Disappearance
Unknown. Vicke was estranged from her husband at the time of her disappearance. She may have gone on a ski trip to Colorado.>>

July 16, 2012

1704063757684.png

<<Even today, Lowell Lamberton believes his former wife is still alive. Something she said before she vanished has stuck in his mind.

“What she said one time was 'I'm going to go some place where nobody knows who I am.' That is why I think she is still alive,” Mr. Lamberton said in a telephone interview from his Oregon home.

There were other odd statements.

She once considered changing her skin color to appear African-American, the former husband said.>>

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back