GUILTY IL - Dontrell Johnson, 14 mos, Chicago, 4 October 2010

Cubby

fly the W!
Reaction score
Chicago - The whereabouts of a 14-month-old boy remains unknown after his father was arrested for refusing to return him to his mother and threatening to harm the child in the Princeton Park neighborhood on the South Side.
On Monday, 14-month-old boy Dontrell Johnson was picked up by his father from the 9400 block of South Harvard Avenue, according to an endangered juvenile alert from Calumet Area detectives. The father then refused to return to the child to the mother and threatened to do bodily harm to the child.

full article - NO PICTURE - at link:
http://www.myfoxchicago.com/dpp/new...-taken-missing-infant-wont-say-where-20101007

Still looking for more info.

The father took this child MONDAY, - MONDAY- it is now THURSDAY.
The father threatened to harm the child and it took FOUR DAYS TO GET THIS IN THE NEWS! :furious: :furious: :furious:

A man who threatened to hurt his toddler son refuses to cooperate with police and tell them where the child is.

<snip>

The child is Dontrell Johnson and he's 14 months old.
He's about 36.5 " tall and weighs 27 pounds and has a dark birthmark on the center of his forehead.

Police are asking anyone who has any information on the child to give them a call at (312) 747 8274 or 911.

http://www.examiner.com/crime-in-chicago/father-arrested-missing-toddler-case-no-sign-of-child

photo of Dontrell from above examiner.com link:

Dontrell Johnson

I hope dad left this child with a family member or friend of his. If not, LE really screwed up on this by waiting 4 whole days to get this missing child alert out when dad threatened the child with bodily harm. :furious: :furious: :furious:

FOUND THEY THINK
Still alive.

Cops: Toddler pulled from lake may be missing child
October 7, 2010 3:30 PM | No Comments | BREAKING STORY

A young child was pulled from Lake Michigan near 68th Street on the South Side this afternoon, and officials suspect he's a toddler who was taken by his father earlier this week.

A boater spotted the child, believed to be about a year old, at about 2 p.m. near the water intake crib, not far from La Rabida Children's Hospital at East 65th Street and the lake.

The child was taken in "extremely critical condition" to the University of Chicago Comer Children's Hospital, said Chicago Fire Department spokesman

http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2010/10/officials-child-pulled-from-lake-on-south-side.html

Let's all pray for this lil angel...It helps that the water is cold, the surviving rate is higher....

I hope his dad is punished to the MAX!!

I can't figure out why none of the articles so far give the fathers name.

Danisisa, if you read the article, it says the boy was later pronounced dead. : (

What a .

edit: I found a few other articles, and I believe that sentence was added later.

. The child, believed to be about a year old, was taken in extremely critical condition to the University of Chicago Comer Children's Hospital. He was later pronounced dead, according to the Cook County medical examiner's office.

The child found in the lake matches the description of Dontrell, police said. An official identification has not been made, but police are contacting Dontrell's relatives.
http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2010/10/officials-child-pulled-from-lake-on-south-side.html

:(

live local news.

Boys family confirmed the boy found in the lake is Dontrell and is deceased.

Dad, Donald Johnson, shared custody with the boys mother and was supposed to return him Friday. Dad was calling mom and moms sister saying something like "it's too late, he's gone, he's gone". It sounds like Dad just left these distressing calls for Mom and babies maternal aunt Wednesday.

awaiting more news.

no link because this is on our live local news.

Unknown for sure how long the boy was in the water or exactly when Dad left mom the first disturbing phone call.

I think they said dad is 30. Mom is 25

Rest in Peace Dontrell and play with the angels. There is love & candy everywhere for you.

What an evil sperm donor, rot in hell Donald Johnson

This is so sad. Dontrell, I am so sorry your daddy did this.
Run and play with the angels honey. No one will hurt you there again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dad is still in jail.

Will see what else is on the 5pm news.... and throughout the evening.

I don't think the baby was alive when they found him. Even though they did try to revive him. I don't think he wandered to the lake himself without being seen, but he could have.

I know exactly where this baby was found -well the intersection and where the boats are docked. I've been there a few times. I can not see him getting to that side of the lake without being seen.

OMG. Local news.... this child was found by fisherman 3 miles off the shore floating in the lake. He was pronounced dead 1 hour and 45 min later.... someone saw the child yesterday afternoon alive. Dad was arrested last night. Unsure how long the child was in the water.

very very sad. No link, this was reported on live local abc news.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back