Identified! NM - Isleta Pueblo, UID female found, Feb'04 - Sonia Lente

future criminologist

Reaction score
I couldn't find a thread for this one, so I started one.

I think these two could be a possible match. what do you guys think?

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/632ufnm.html

Case File 632UFNM

Unidentified Native/Hispanic Female

The victim was discovered on February 25, 2004 in Isleta, New Mexico
Estimated Date of Death: 2003
Skeletal Remains
Vital Statistics:
Estimated age: 40-50 years old
Approximate Height and Weight: 5'3-5'7"; 155 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: Native American/Hispanic, or Native/Black mix. Healed left femur fracture; healed rib fractures, left side.
Dentals: Available. Advanced periodontal disease and prior dental work. The left temporomandibular joint is extensively remodeled.
DNA: Available

WITH:

Beverly Ann Ozuna-Ulrich

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/o/ozuna-ulrich_beverly.html

If we were going by the sketches it looks very good! Wonder how easily any of the other info can be confirmed? Good find!!! :)

I don't know how this works - do I call the detective on the UID case, or the detective on the missing persons case?

Probably the detective on the missing person case to verify if she had any of the injuries indicated by the skeletal remains of the uid?

picture.php

In case you need a side by side.

There is a resemblance between the sketch & photo, both in looks and demeanor.

I don't know how this works - do I call the detective on the UID case, or the detective on the missing persons case?

Case File 632UFNM

Skeletal Remains
Vital Statistics:
Distinguishing Characteristics: Native American/Hispanic, or Native/Black mix. Healed left femur fracture; healed rib fractures, left side.
Dentals: Available. Advanced periodontal disease and prior dental work. The left temporomandibular joint is extensively remodeled.

WITH:

Beverly Ann Ozuna-Ulrich

Dentals are the fastest way to a match-I would check with Ms. Ulrich's detectives to see if DNA, fingerprints or dental are available on her, as well as exactly what amethyst suggested-does Ms. Ulrich have the healed injuries the doe has??

Good Luck and keep us posted!!!!

and this one was a total accidental find. its funny - I could spend hours searching missing persons for a UID and never find anything that really clicks, but I happened upon the UID description by accident and realized it looked like a profile I had just looked at. funny how that happens.

Case File 632UFNM

Skeletal Remains
Vital Statistics:

WITH:

Beverly Ann Ozuna-Ulrich

FutureC...good find!
With ALL the fractures on this poor lady, including a extensively remodeled jaw,

I suspect she was living with an abuser or had been living with one in her past....
IMO, the murderer is someone that knew he would be suspected if the body was ever found... so he buries her body..the murderer was no stranger to this lady...

FYI - I have not called this one in yet - I am going to get in touch with the detective this weekend. I have been crazy busy with work and studying for the LSATs, so I haven't had any time after work to call yet.

How's this one going,future criminologist?
Hope you aced your test.

hi. to be honest, I'm kind of nervous...I've never "called in" anything before...I'm trying to get up the nerve to call right now, but I'm afraid they might be suspicious if some random person calls and has an idea of who it is.

so...is anyone else good at this who might want to call it in? I'm totally chickening out here...plus I just got home from work like an hour ago and I'm totally exhausted...

hi. to be honest, I'm kind of nervous...I've never "called in" anything before...I'm trying to get up the nerve to call right now, but I'm afraid they might be suspicious if some random person calls and has an idea of who it is.

so...is anyone else good at this who might want to call it in? I'm totally chickening out here...plus I just got home from work like an hour ago and I'm totally exhausted...

Can relate to your feelings. Push come to shove, I'll call Ms. Ulrich's detective come morning. Both amethyst & believe09 posted that is a good place to start.

Though if anyone else would like to handle this case, please post as such.

don't get me wrong, I love the searching aspect of it, and making matches....I'm just terrified of actually calling it in! So perhaps if there's someone who is "good" at that kind of thing, we can combine forces?

don't get me wrong, I love the searching aspect of it, and making matches....I'm just terrified of actually calling it in! So perhaps if there's someone who is "good" at that kind of thing, we can combine forces?

Yep, do understand and feel the same way. But for today, just so we can get a better idea on these 2 cases, I'll pretend to be 'good' LOL.

Did get a little more information re UID grave site. There were 3-4 bodies found in that area. 1 was identified, others remain unidentified. The grave site is 12+ hours near straight south of Ms Ulrich's home. Ms. Ulrich has 8 children.

Mr. Barry, the SA handling Beverly Ulrich's case. was not available today. Left a voice message for him, followed by a fax of side-by-side of BU & UID + info on UID with a request for medical/dental comparisons. Asked if he would call/email me at his convenience as to his determination re rule-out or pursue.

Mr. Barry, the SA handling Beverly Ulrich's case. was not available today. Left a voice message for him, followed by a fax of side-by-side of BU & UID + info on UID with a request for medical/dental comparisons. Asked if he would call/email me at his convenience as to his determination re rule-out or pursue.

Special Agent Barry called me today in regards to Beverly Ulrich & NM UID. He did ask right off how the connection between the two women was made. I wouldn't say he sounded suspicious, more like he was doing his job by establishing what & why I had an interest in these women...one murdered & one missing.

I explained about LTHH/WS and how, despite limited medical info on Ms Ulrich, the consensus was the strong resemblance warranted submitting the comparison for his review.

Very nice man. He expressed his appreciation for sending him the information. And said that as the investigation continues there may be a need to call me again and was that okay. Of course, I said yes.

But I am sure someone( like believe09 or Christine2448 :) ) with more experience would have asked more questions, gotten more information....just been a better contact today. So something will be worked out for future contact in order to insure that LTWH/WS and these 2 ladies are represented properly.

Good job, future criminologist. :blowkiss:

I left a message with SA Barry to see if there is any movement on the UID as compared with Ms. Ulrich. I mentioned that it appeared the doe lived with a batterer given the story her bones told...I will let you all know when I hear back!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie
Back