April 22 weekend of Sleuthiness

Status
Not open for further replies.
She already has a cover for the book that implies the husband did it.

I can see the cover on the paperback swap page but on the Amazon page there isn't any book shown at all. Just the pre-order info. I looked at the Amazon site yesterday and didn't see the book but saw it on the swap page a moment ago.

Thanks, SS!
So, in English, can you guys tell me what it means with regard to the testimony in question? :)
wth? That's as close as I get to English. I'm a blast at parties! :woot:

As far as what it means... I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that for those that think that BC did it, it means that he definitely did it. For those that think that he didn't do it, it means that he definitely didn't.

I agree and to answer Bottle Cap, the reason they chose the FBI in the first place is because they knew defense would not be able to cross examine accurately since they would not even provide them with the extraction methods. This gave them a way to hide this data. They sure don't seem very confident about it or they would have questioned JW on cross about all the things he pointed out that looked fishy.

But...if they already knew it was there (because they PUT it there)...why did they need the FBI to find it?

As far as what it means... I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that for those that think that BC did it, it means that he definitely did it. For those that think that he didn't do it, it means that he definitely didn't.

Hey! You need to be a politician, not a SleuthSayer :)

But...if they already knew it was there (because they PUT it there)...why did they need the FBI to find it?

It's bad when you gotta quote your own self. But never mind, I see what you're saying. Er, what you're saying is that CPD had a whiz so good that he could hide something that only the FBI could find, and they wanted it that way because then they could hide behind the FBI.

See, this gets convoluted to the point I think we all watched too much CSI.

Motive for them to do all this? Motive for FBI collusion?

I can't say that I think that definitely means he did it. I'm looking forward to the other expert that the defense team wants to call. I would love to look forward to the prosecution expert but I know we won't get to see and hear him from home. I would go to court but if I bought a plane ticket to fly to Raleigh, got a hotel room and left my husband home to take care of the zoo, I might just find myself on a very strict allowance when I got home. :)

I can confidently tell you that the conclusion doesn't follow the premise here. :silenced:

Are you saying that even though he had a BSc in comp sc he didn't know what he was doing with computers?

Thanks for clearing that up for ALL of us then! :crazy:

Are you saying that even though he had a BSc in comp sc he didn't know what he was doing with computers?

I have a feeling there are a lot of people that are well trained in computers and think that they have left nothing of evidentiary value on their computers but the FBI still catches them. MOO

I need to rewatch the Cisco employee's testimony about when they left for lunch. If one of them had documented leaving earlier, say before 1:15, then the entire Google search evidence would be in question. Anyone remember his name or which day that was?

What if CPD did not do it?

I have thought about that possibility and believe(if it did happen and wasn't CPD), it would have to be someone close enough to want to know when the computer would be unattended and smart enough to get into the system. Perhaps it would be for revenge or someone that felt the evidence so far was not compelling enough. IMO only and purely speculation.

I need to rewatch the Cisco employee's testimony about when they left for lunch. If one of them had documented leaving earlier, say before 1:15, then the entire Google search evidence would be in question. Anyone remember his name or which day that was?

If we are allowed to post his name, it's G. Miglucci. If we aren't (because he's a third party to the case), please let me know, and I will take it down. I don't remember the date he testified on. I know that he first stated 1:00. Then later stated 1:15 to leave. By the end of the discussion, he said he could have been anywhere between 1:00 and 1:30.

I remember his testimony (not his name). Initially he said they left at 1 o'clock. He said they were gone for an hour and a half. When he continued and said that they got back to the office at 3, he realized it was closer to 1:30 when they left for lunch.

In computer science they teach about algorithms, languages, grammars, compilers, logic, data handling, etc.

You're not likely to find a computer science major sitting in a class where they tell you: "Now, this is how you clear the cache in IE. Here is how you fix a Windows 7 bootup problem. This is the software package you want to buy to do your taxes. Here is how iTunes works. Etc." The high school kid working for the Geek Squad is likely to know more about that kind of stuff.

Kind of like an excellent mechanic may be an awful race car driver.

I have a feeling there are a lot of people that are well trained in computers and think that they have left nothing of evidentiary value on their computers but the FBI still catches them. MOO

You realize that CC isn't really FBI. He is a Durham PD investigator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth