GUILTY Australia - Kiesha Weippeart, 6, Mount Druitt, NSW, 18 July 2010 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TinaD

Reaction score
This doesn't sound good:
http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/mother-wa...d-20100801-111f0.html?from=age_ft&autostart=1

I don't know how to quote from the article - the mother woke up yesterday morning to find her 6yo daughter missing from her bed. The unit had been locked but when the mother checked the next morning, the door was unlocked.

Hopefully she has wandered off and will be found safe and well, but a relative said she was scared to go out be herself.

Oh she is an adorable little girl. I hope she comes home safe and sound. I wonder if her step-father is a good guy or not. I can't imagine why she would unlock the door and leave in the night. She's only 6 years old. But you never know. Prayers for Kiesha!

It looks REALLY bad for sweet Kiesha.

A six-year-old girl at the centre of a major police search in western Sydney has not been at school for at least a week.

Kiesha Abrahams's mother told police she last saw her daughter when she put her to bed on Saturday night at her Mount Druitt unit.

She said she noticed that the six-year-old was missing from her bed about 9:00am on Sunday and that the front door of the unit was unlocked.

The girl lives in the unit with her mother and stepfather and two siblings.

Police say they are aware the girl had been absent from school and they are trying to find out when she last attended.

Police will not say whether anyone other than the girl's mother has seen her in the last three weeks.

About 40 police and more than 100 SES volunteers spent yesterday searching for the girl.
Today they have extended the search to include bushland and drainpipes in the nearby suburb of Bidwill.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/08/02/2970870.htm?section=justin

Family members have said it is out of character for the little girl to wander off on her own.

She is described as being about 140cm tall, with a slim build, blonde hair and blue eyes.

She was last seen wearing pink pyjamas and a purple Pumpkin Patch jacket.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=7938131

Ms Abrahams told police Kiesha was probably barefoot and wearing her pink pyjamas and lilac Pumpkin Patch jacket, police said.

Kiesha's biological father, who lives nearby, is helping police with their inquiries.

Police yesterday said he was not considered a suspect but Mount Druitt police Commander, Superintendent Wayne Cox, stopped short of saying the same today.

She was reported missing 12 hours later on Sunday morning after her mother discovered the front door was ajar.

There was no sign of forced entry and Ms Abrahams told police the door may have been left unlocked overnight.
Kiesha had her own bedroom in the unit she lived in with her mother, stepfather Robert Smith, three-year-old sister Brianna and three-week-old brother Levi.

Her bedroom was just metres away from the front door.

Supt Cox said Kiesha's biological father was not considered a suspect.

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-national/fears-grow-for-missing-girl-keisha-20100802-111oy.html

The stories vary about the unit door. Some say it was closed but not locked, but in this one they say it was ajar in the morning.

There's major hink in this case. Am trying to find the link to the media report that said that the parents have their phones turned off and cannot be contacted. WTH?
Wouldn't you keep your phone on, desperately awaiting a call from police?

It's also a lil odd that she was wearing a pumpkin patch jacket when going to bed. It is cold here atm, but those PP jackets are usually really bulky, and I can't imagine a 6 yr old wearing one to bed. But it might have been new, and a favourite....who knows?
The mum has not spoken publicly at all pleading for her daughters return, and when interviewed by detectives said she didn't know if her daughter was wearing shoes or not. HUH? Isn't that pretty easy to figure out? Any shoes missing?
I have a very bad feeling about how this case will end.
You're in my prayers Kiesha.
JMO

It looks REALLY bad for sweet Kiesha.

A six-year-old girl at the centre of a major police search in western Sydney has not been at school for at least a week.

Kiesha Abrahams's mother told police she last saw her daughter when she put her to bed on Saturday night at her Mount Druitt unit.

She said she noticed that the six-year-old was missing from her bed about 9:00am on Sunday and that the front door of the unit was unlocked.

Police say they are aware the girl had been absent from school and they are trying to find out when she last attended.
Police will not say whether anyone other than the girl's mother has seen her in the last three weeks.

About 40 police and more than 100 SES volunteers spent yesterday searching for the girl.
Today they have extended the search to include bushland and drainpipes in the nearby suburb of Bidwill.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/08/02/2970870.htm?section=justin

Family members have said it is out of character for the little girl to wander off on her own.

She is described as being about 140cm tall, with a slim build, blonde hair and blue eyes.

She was last seen wearing pink pyjamas and a purple Pumpkin Patch jacket.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=7938131

Ms Abrahams told police Kiesha was probably barefoot and wearing her pink pyjamas and lilac Pumpkin Patch jacket, police said.

Kiesha's biological father, who lives nearby, is helping police with their inquiries.

Police yesterday said he was not considered a suspect but Mount Druitt police Commander, Superintendent Wayne Cox, stopped short of saying the same today.

She was reported missing 12 hours later on Sunday morning after her mother discovered the front door was ajar.

There was no sign of forced entry and Ms Abrahams told police the door may have been left unlocked overnight.
Kiesha had her own bedroom in the unit she lived in with her mother, stepfather Robert Smith, three-year-old sister Brianna and three-week-old brother Levi.

Her bedroom was just metres away from the front door.

Supt Cox said Kiesha's biological father was not considered a suspect.

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-national/fears-grow-for-missing-girl-keisha-20100802-111oy.html

The stories vary about the unit door. Some say it was closed but not locked, but in this one they say it was ajar in the morning.

There's major hink in this case. Am trying to find the link to the media report that said that the parents have their phones turned off and cannot be contacted. WTH?
Wouldn't you keep your phone on, desperately awaiting a call from police?

It's also a lil odd that she was wearing a pumpkin patch jacket when going to bed. It is cold here atm, but those PP jackets are usually really bulky, and I can't imagine a 6 yr old wearing one to bed. But it might have been new, and a favourite....who knows?
The mum has not spoken publicly at all pleading for her daughters return, and when interviewed by detectives said she didn't know if her daughter was wearing shoes or not. HUH? Isn't that pretty easy to figure out? Any shoes missing?
I have a very bad feeling about how this case will end.
You're in my prayers Kiesha.
JMO

Oh Lord, I agree with you butwhatif. It's not sounding good at all. The fact that she was not in school at all last week, concerns me.

Not at school either.....didn't know that....hmmm

Tina, could you edit to add Kiesha Abrahams' name to this thread title?

I also do not like the fact that Kiesha is reported to have missed Kindergarten for the week leading up to her "disappearance" - supposedly due to her mother having a baby at home (?). And the bit about the jacket made little sense, either.

About the only scenario that readily comes to my mind which could end well here was if her bio dad had little say, but was concerned enough about her missing school that he whisked her away to "safety" elsewhere. Unfortunately, that seems a bit far-fetched. I hope somehow she is okay!

Not looking good at all. This is making me really sad.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...en-now-shes-gone/story-e6freuzi-1225900240432

Snip~
B&UBM

MISSING girl Kiesha Abrahams attended school just five days this year, sources revealed yesterday.
The Daily Telegraph has been told that Kiesha, who is in kindergarten, attended only five days at Mt Druitt Primary School this year.

The Education Department declined to comment but police confirmed they had spoken to a number of government agencies about Kiesha's absences from school and other welfare issues.

However, family and friends have told police they can't remember seeing Kiesha for about three weeks - about the time her half-brother Levi was born.

Mr Smith's mother Rebecca said the family was aware of speculation that Kiesha had been missing for weeks, not days, but said that they "didn't care" what anyone else thought.

"We know the truth and the police know the truth," Ms Smith said.

"They can't talk. They just can't get the words out. They're too upset."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/mystery-over-last-sighting-of-missing-girl-20100802-113fb.html?autostart=1

LAST week, Kirsty Abrahams took her newborn baby, Levi, upstairs to visit a neighbour in their Mount Druitt block of flats.

''I nursed it right here,'' the neighbour said yesterday as police dusted for fingerprints downstairs. ''But I haven't seen the little girl for a while,'' he said. ''Can't remember when … The mum seemed fine.''
The Minister for Community Services, Linda Burney, would not say if the family was known to the department or when the girl was last at school.

This does not sound good at all. Prayers for her!

Tina, could you edit to add Kiesha Abrahams' name to this thread title?

I also do not like the fact that Kiesha is reported to have missed Kindergarten for the week leading up to her "disappearance" - supposedly due to her mother having a baby at home (?). And the bit about the jacket made little sense, either.

About the only scenario that readily comes to my mind which could end well here was if her bio dad had little say, but was concerned enough about her missing school that he whisked her away to "safety" elsewhere. Unfortunately, that seems a bit far-fetched. I hope somehow she is okay!

I completely agree. By some miracle I hope she is with her dad.

Sydney: Six-year-old girl vanished; neighbors haven't seen her in weeks

Six-year-old Kiesha Abraham was discovered missing in western Sydney Sunday morning.

Kiesha has not been in school for at least a week. According to neighbors, the reason is that her mother had a new baby and they were busy.

People close to the family say they haven’t seen the little girl for weeks but that when they saw her she seemed fine.

Kiesha’s mother said the last time she saw her was when she put her to bed Saturday night around 9:30 p.m. at her Mount Druitt first-floor flat.

More: http://www.examiner.com/x-43367-Int...hed-neighbors-havent-seen-her-in-weeks-Photos

resized_Missing_child___Kiesha_Abrahams_AAP_NSW_Police.jpg

Photo AAP NSW/Police

Missing girl had been absent from school

More: http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/08/02/2970870.htm?section=justin

Search for Kiesha resumes
Emergency workers will spend another day searching for six-year-old Kiesha Abrahams, who was reported missing from her western Sydney home two days ago.

Strong winds which have caused power outages and damage to homes across Sydney on Tuesday could hamper the search for Kiesha, a police spokesman told AAP.

But otherwise officers and State Emergency Service personnel plan to continue the hunt.

The police spokesman said there were no new leads or sightings in the case.

Fears have been steadily growing for Kiesha's safety after it emerged on Monday that she may not have been seen in public for some time.

More: http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-national/search-for-kiesha-resumes-20100803-113n7.html

Such pretty curls. Prayers that she is found quickly and safe.

"Kiesha had not been to school for at least a week because, Mr Smith said, her parents were busy with their new child. "

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/mystery-over-last-sighting-of-missing-girl-20100802-113fb.html

This one screams Ethan Stacy to me.

Stepfather.

WHY do you keep your 6 year old at home because you have a new baby? You simply take the child to school, or put them on the bus. It would be MORE work to have them AT home...unless you have them taking care of the baby for you!

If you can't manage to get your first child to and from school when you have your 3rd child...with 2 parents in the home, then that is a pretty major problem there. Why not have the girl go with the biological father if it was so hard to handle the 3 kids?

Again, doesn't make sense. The ONE exception would be if the new baby had serious special needs. If you are dealing with feeding tubes, tracheotomy, suctioning, or something like that...then I would be a bit more understanding. Otherwise.... you should be able to get your 6 year old to school if you'd decided to enroll her.

(I was going to post this, but I didn't see any other ones that were outside the US, which didn't have ties to the US. (Natalee Holloway, from the US...missing in Aruba.)

Good to know it can be posted. :) )

Some of these articles may be repeats but just in case...

Kiesha's disappearance 'has left hole in our hearts'
Scores of police and State Emergency Service volunteers have spent the day searching bushland in Sydney's west for missing six-year-old girl Kiesha Abrahams.
She was reported missing on Sunday morning from the Mount Druitt unit she shares with her mother, stepfather and two siblings.
Friends and relatives say they have not seen Kiesha for two to three weeks and she has been absent from school.
Kiesha's mother told police she last saw her daughter on Saturday night. ... More...

Missing Kiesha missed kindergarten for one week before her disappearnce
Missing Sydney six-year-old Kiesha Abrahams did not go to kindergarten in the week leading up to her disappearance on the weekend.
Kiesha's uncle, Jason Smith, said today his "happy-go-lucky" niece was kept at home because of her mother's new baby, a one-month-old girl.
Mr Smith said he had not seen Kiesha since a family party three weeks ago. ... More ...

Cops quiz those who saw Keisha before she went missing
Police are investigating whether anyone has sighted missing Mt Druitt toddler, Kiesha Abrahams, in the past three weeks.
The six year was reported missing from her Hebersham home yesterday.
Her mother, Christie Smith, told police she had last seen the little girl when she put her to bed on Saturday night.
But family and friends police have spoken to say they can't remember seeing Keisha for about three weeks - around the time her step-brother Levi was born.

Thank you Idaho for putting this case in here........It is our main headline today.......I really hate to say this, but I have a bad feeling about this one......I think it is another case of a neglected child, accident cover up.....I truly hope not but where she lives is very metropolitan so if she wandered off someone should have seen her.......

This is going to be solved close to home. And yet another child more than likely harmed by the caregivers.

We have two threads going for Kiesha atm. Maybe mods can merge?
This is the other one:

Missing 6yo in Sydney - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Latest:
The mother of missing Sydney girl Kiesha Abrahams emerged from a relative's home this morning with her face covered but is now speaking at a media conference about the case.

Kristi Abrahams covered her face with a Babies 'R' Us brochure as she left the house in Bidwill but she has fronted the media at Mt Druitt police station.

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/new...esha-mother-taken-to-brief-media/1902694.aspx

I'm trying to figure the timeline out.
In Sydney public schools, we are now in week 3 of the term, and they are saying Kiesha missed the last week of school. Could it have been longer?

Missing Sydney six-year-old Kiesha Abrahams did not go to kindergarten in the week leading up to her disappearance on the weekend.

Friends and relatives say they have not seen Kiesha for two to three weeks and she has been absent from school.

Anyone know if it's been clarified if she ever returned to school this term?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail