OK - Jacob Hedger, 8 mos, died of head injuries, Edmond, 8 March 2011

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Or, the thread title could read: "Baby's murder remains unsolved - of course it does, it happened in Oklahoma."

Mystery surrounds Edmond baby's homicide (Sunday Oklahoman)

EDMOND — Justice for Jake may never come.

The Edmond baby, Jacob “Jake” Ryan Hedger, was killed in March. He suffered a head injury so traumatic his small skull cracked.

Almost nine months later, no one has been arrested. “We'd like to find out who killed this child,” Oklahoma County District Attorney David Prater said. “There are times when we don't ever have enough evidence to charge the perpetrator.”

Jake, who was almost 9 months old, died one day after he was taken by ambulance from his baby sitter's Edmond home. The baby sitter, Traci Kramer, 41, is the wife of a drug lab supervisor at the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation. She was operating an unlicensed home day care.
---
Hmm....one wonders if that last 'graf above contains telling facts about why the homicide remains unsolved.
Jake's parents complain the police have not interviewed key witnesses, including the boy's aunt and grandmother, who saw him the weekend before his death.
---
Particularly upsetting to the parents is that police claim the Hedgers are not cooperating because they won't take a police polygraph test. They said they have cooperated with police and, in April, passed a polygraph test they paid for themselves.

Zane Hedger said he absolutely wishes another agency could take over the investigation.
---
much, much more - lengthy article, along with a video interview of the baby's aunt - at link above

jacob2m.jpg

“A baby — my baby, our baby — has been murdered,” the second-grade teacher said. “We're just waiting. It's almost like, ‘The longer we let it go, you'll just forget about it.' … Well, that's not an option for us.”

She said, “I need my son's murder solved.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jake had been injured before, suffering a fractured arm two months earlier,
records show.
Both the parents and Traci Kramer knew about the injury, but all three told investigators they don't know who did it.

His mother took him to be examined
. She said the doctor reported he was hurt by someone pulling on his arm.

Read more: http://newsok.com/mystery-surrounds-edmond-babys-homicide/article/3626761#ixzz1ewBrCZnP

jacobq.jpg

I just barely got personalized bibs for my nephew... with his name on them. Just like Jacob's pacifier.

My first thought was "another one in Oklahoma?"

We have a family member who's wife took off with their two young kids... met a guy and moved in with him.
I was asked to assist them in how to go about fighting for the kids. I was giving them the typical information about that.

Then they said "She is in Oklahoma" and I about had a coronary. The urgency went up drastically.
I don't know much of anything about Oklahoma... except protecting kids is not their strong point.

I think this might be being made more difficult than it really is. Possibly due to who the babysitter is.

Parents are fighting for the case to be solved. (Refreshing, really.)
Babysitter is what??? Doing nothing.

Parents took a polygraph... babysitter what??? Won't take one.
That's a good start right there...

This is horrible...of course no one will say hey I did it! I hope justice for this baby boy comes soon... RIP Jake.

Wow. Just wow. Names, dates, and the babysitter called to arrange for her own child to be picked up at school before bothering to call Lil Jake's parents.

http://stopcorruptdss.wordpress.com/tag/zane-hedger/

This lil doll should be toddling around right now at one of the most awesome ages a lil goes through. Smiling, saying a word here and there and exploring this beautiful life, and toddling, toddling, toddling.

Still not holding my breath and expecting an arrest any time soon. Hope I'm wrong though.

Doctor's report narrows time Edmond's baby Jake was injured
A leading expert on child abuse has concluded the injuries that killed [a 9-month-old] Edmond baby 10 months ago were suffered at the home of his baby sitter.

“It is obvious” that Edmond baby Jacob “Jake” Ryan Hedger suffered new and violent injuries on March 8, Dr. Robert Block, president of the American Academy of Pediatrics, stated in a medical opinion reviewed Friday by The Oklahoman.
---
“It is my professional opinion that ... (Jake) suffered these new injuries between the hours of approximately 8 a.m. and 3 p.m. on March 8, 2011, while in the care of the baby sitter,” Block wrote.
---
So....why possibly has an arrest not been made?
The baby sitter, Traci Kramer, 41, has denied hurting Jake. No arrest has been made in the case.

Questions have been raised about whether delays are because of professional friendships between Edmond police officers and the husband of the baby sitter.

Kevin Kramer, the baby sitter's husband, is a drug lab supervisor at the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation who helped train Edmond police officers in 2004 and 2007. Traci Kramer was operating an unlicensed home day care at the time of the death.
---
much more at Sunday Oklahoman link above

It blows my mind that the parents took the baby back to a place where he may have been hurt. If my baby came home with a hurt arm, and I believed my husband did nor I did it, then there is no way in heck I would have taken my baby back.Any slight suspicion should mean change places.

The first sitter who watched my son in a in home daycare got kicked to the curb when my son would clutch onto me when i picked him up and dropped him off. I thought he was just adjusting. On the third week, enough. I took him to a new one and he did fine.

Trust you instincts mommys and daddys.

Makes me wonder if there was a teenager living in the babysitter's home? The investigation is odd, at best, and sort of reeks of cronyism. Question is, who are they protecting/letting this get by as an accident even in the face of facts that don't support that.

Yikes, the big city has its advantages. mo

the wife of a drug lab supervisor at the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation. She was operating an unlicensed home day care
respectfully snipped by me for space and bolded by me.
She has 'connections', that is why there is no justice served in this case!
JMOO

The OSBI is completely worthless. I have read so many cases, whether concerning children or adults, and they are just completely inept, unprofessional and unable to do the job. All of them. It is pitiful. There are so many families there waiting for some kind of justice that they will probably never get. They couldn't solve a case to save their souls. I'm completely disgusted.

This case is infuriating. A baby is dead and there is no movement on the case by LE - MOO, of course, but it would seem like they are protecting one of their own.

OK DHS report to the DA is here:

http://s3.amazonaws.com/content.newsok.com/documents/2wdedbaby0001.pdf

A grand jury has been convened and the Kramers have been asked to testify on Jan 31.

http://newsok.com/experts-report-narrows-time-when-baby-jake-was-hurt/article/3640485

Some telling information from the article (Butler is the Hedgers lawyer, James is the Kramers' lawyer):

Butler said the Hedgers have been subpoenaed and will cooperate fully.

James said the Kramers have been subpoenaed to testify Jan. 31.

James said he did not know whether his clients will answer questions from grand jurors or invoke their Constitutional right not to answer questions.

Wow wow wow. Pleading the 5th? That shows me something - hopefully it does the grand jury too. MOO, JMO, etc. etc.

http://newsok.com/oklahoma-lawmaker...-remove-boy-from-home/article/3626763/?page=2
Oklahoma lawmaker, task force question DHS decision to remove boy from home

A legislative task force plans to look into why DHS kept a 5-year-old boy away from his parents after his baby brother died, but did not act to remove the children of the baby's sitter.

Sam Hedger, spent more than two months away from his parents, Zane and Leah Hedger.

Sam's aunt, Tammy Padgett, said being separated from his parents was traumatic from the start. She recalled Sam's first visit with his parents at a DHS office after he was taken from his home.

“The DHS worker was late showing up, and so I'm there with him and it was the morning after Jake died and that morning I had had to tell him that his brother was dead,” she said.
“And they came up on the elevator, got off, and he ran into their arms crying,” she said.

“Then the worker in … their visitation room got on to Leah because they were crying. She pulled her aside and she said, ‘This is supposed to not be teary. You're not supposed to be crying. This is supposed to be a happy visit for him.' And, Leah said, ‘His baby brother just died, you know, our baby just died. He's got to process that grief.' You know, just wacky stuff.”

Wow. Just wow. Names, dates, and the babysitter called to arrange for her own child to be picked up at school before bothering to call Lil Jake's parents.

BBM

--she actually never called jake's parents at ALL
--she called her husband, before calling 911

--while ON the 911 call she used her other phone to call the school to arrange for her daughter to take the bus home

--jake's mom ( a gr.2 teacher at the school heard over her class intercom that the girl would be taking the bus and wondered what was going on at her babysitter's house..)

--jake's dad got a call from his sister (aunt tammy) who told him an ambulance had been seen leaving the babysitter's house

http://s3.amazonaws.com/content.newsok.com/documents/2wdedbaby0001.pdf
--DHS Report to D.A.--

http://s3.amazonaws.com/content.newsok.com/documents/wdedbaby0001.pdf
--Police Incident Report--

http://newsok.com/audio-from-edmond-911-call/multimedia/video/1292396868001
--911 Call--

,,This is beyond horrible.No child of that age should have those types of injuries. I raised 3 boys, and once they get big enough they will climb it if they can, they will try to jump it with their bikes if they think they have a chance.....but at that age, they stay pretty injury free. You really need one of the National shows to run this story. Try Nancy Grace, Issues, any and or all of them. It is apparent the state on your local level are doing nothing, you can also try writing your attorney general. On cases like this one getting the story out there is the hard part, but once you do that, public outrage will cause a proper investigation. No baby should die this way........

So, did the parents refuse the police poly? Or just go ahead and have one done since the police did not ask them to take one?

So, did the parents refuse the police poly? Or just go ahead and have one done since the police did not ask them to take one?

http://dialog.newsedge.com/portal.a...t-IclL372RvOKGSiRRq]&rtcrdata=on&epname=EFORE&

Mystery surrounds Edmond baby's homicide

Particularly upsetting to the parents is that police claim the Hedgers are not cooperating because they won't take a police polygraph test. They said they have cooperated with police and, in April, passed a polygraph test they paid for themselves.

Zane Hedger said he absolutely wishes another agency could take over the investigation.
"Grand jury, sheriff's office, we don't know," he said.

She (Edmond police spokeswoman Glynda Chu) also said: "If anyone is dragging feet, it is the parents by not cooperating with the police, refusing to take a police polygraph and refusing to be interviewed by police."

The police spokeswoman said police asked the baby sitter to take a polygraph test, too, several times, but her attorney has not yet made her available. The baby sitter's attorney, James, gave a different version, saying she has not been -- to his knowledge -- formally asked for a polygraph test.

He said he won't agree to a polygraph test anyway because he considers such tests unreliable.

http://newsok.com/oklahoma-multicou...ond-babys-death/article/3645161#ixzz1lChQ8on6

Oklahoma multicounty grand jury looks into Edmond baby's death

More Oklahoma multicounty grand jury testimony is expected Thursday in the case of an Edmond baby's death. The child's parents, Zane and Leah Hedger, as well as the baby sitter, Traci Kramer, could testify then.

BY NOLAN CLAY nclay@opubco.com Oklahoman Published: February 1, 2012

The state's multicounty grand jury began hearing testimony Tuesday in the unsolved homicide case involving an Edmond baby who stopped breathing while with a baby sitter.

“Please know that it was the EDMOND POLICE DEPARTMENT THAT CALLED FOR THE GRAND JURY [sic] because we were getting nowhere with the parents and baby sitters,” spokeswoman Glynda Chu stated in an email. “They refused a police polygraph and interviews.”

This is an out and out lie. Only the Kramers have refused polygraphs and interviews. Typical for the OSBI.

Read more: http://newsok.com/oklahoma-multicou...ond-babys-death/article/3645161#ixzz1lDPGmLYE

I cannot find any updates. What a beautiful baby! I wonder if one of the children did it?

About another high-profile homicide case, involving an Edmond baby, the grand jury did not express any optimism in its report.

------------------------

At issue is when the baby suffered the trauma that killed him
— before or after his parents dropped him off with the baby sitter, Traci Kramer.
Experts have differing opinions on the time.

Grand jurors reported taking testimony from multiple witnesses about the baby’s death and reviewing medical records “from multiple physicians and medical personnel.”

“This is a tragic and heartbreaking case and it is recommended that law enforcement and future grand juries continue to investigate the case,” the grand jury wrote.

http://newsok.com/oklahoma-county-g...-will-be-solved/article/3703723#ixzz24UVr0IXm

jakehl.jpg

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woohoo3