Websleuths
Go Back   Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Crimes and Trials > Trials > Michelle Young

Notices

Michelle Young Michelle Young, 29 and pregnant was murdered in her North Carolina home. Who killed Michelle?


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-16-2012, 03:54 AM
otto otto is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 19,229
State vs Jason Lynn Young 2-16-2012

Court Times
9:30 - 1:00
2:30 - 5:00

Live link
http://www.wral.com/news/video/10690077/#/vid10690077

The DNA is interesting, especially if it links the suspect to the crime.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to otto For This Useful Post:
  #2  
Old 02-16-2012, 06:31 AM
Bottle Cap Bottle Cap is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 554
Quick question before the haggling over DNA begins!

Much has been made of JY's legal counsel to remain silent at all costs.

Does anyone have any insight as to whether JY giving up his child in order to maintain his ongoing silence was also done at the behest of his counsel? I don't know how attorneys work in this sort of a situation. Are they generally in the business of advising such extreme measures?

Last edited by Bottle Cap; 02-16-2012 at 06:33 AM. Reason: spelling
  #3  
Old 02-16-2012, 06:53 AM
johnfear's Avatar
johnfear johnfear is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 813
It's not that extreme a measure. Any crimes between parents typically have to be resolved before any sort of permanent custody decision can be made. The worse the crime, the longer it takes.

Temporary arrangements in custody matters are generally a nightmare unless both parents are in a agreement. Throw in the accusation of murder and it gets worse. Any judge worth their time on the family court bench would react with caution to the accusations. Obviously, the same can't be said for the wrongful death suit and defaulting on that.

Recent Local Example would be: The Cooper trial.
  #4  
Old 02-16-2012, 07:31 AM
Just the Fax's Avatar
Just the Fax Just the Fax is offline
Justice For The Fisher's
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 4,852
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottle Cap View Post
Quick question before the haggling over DNA begins!

Much has been made of JY's legal counsel to remain silent at all costs.

Does anyone have any insight as to whether JY giving up his child in order to maintain his ongoing silence was also done at the behest of his counsel? I don't know how attorneys work in this sort of a situation. Are they generally in the business of advising such extreme measures?
Jay said his family spent $10000 and they could not spend more for custody....yep that is what he said, LOL
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Just the Fax For This Useful Post:
  #5  
Old 02-16-2012, 07:33 AM
nursebeeme's Avatar
nursebeeme nursebeeme is offline
WS Super Moderator
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
Posts: 52,141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottle Cap View Post
Quick question before the haggling over DNA begins!

Much has been made of JY's legal counsel to remain silent at all costs.

Does anyone have any insight as to whether JY giving up his child in order to maintain his ongoing silence was also done at the behest of his counsel? I don't know how attorneys work in this sort of a situation. Are they generally in the business of advising such extreme measures?
We are hoping to get a lawyer verified and start a q and a thread to answer these sorts of questions.

Thank you for the new thread otto :-)
__________________
This bee my opinion
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:
  #6  
Old 02-16-2012, 07:46 AM
nursebeeme's Avatar
nursebeeme nursebeeme is offline
WS Super Moderator
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
Posts: 52,141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just the Fax View Post
Jay said his family spent $10000 and they could not spend more for custody....yep that is what he said, LOL
did this come out at the last trial? is there a link to this information (I did a search and couldn't find anything on this)

thanks :-)
__________________
This bee my opinion
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:
  #7  
Old 02-16-2012, 07:52 AM
Just the Fax's Avatar
Just the Fax Just the Fax is offline
Justice For The Fisher's
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 4,852
Quote:
Originally Posted by nursebeeme View Post
did this come out at the last trial? is there a link to this information (I did a search and couldn't find anything on this)

thanks :-)
If jay said it, it had to come from the first trial....and it did.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Just the Fax For This Useful Post:
  #8  
Old 02-16-2012, 07:52 AM
Just the Fax's Avatar
Just the Fax Just the Fax is offline
Justice For The Fisher's
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 4,852
Prosecutors are expected to call to the stand today some of the women with whom Young was involved during his marriage.

Read more here: http://www.newsobserver.com/2012/02/...#storylink=cpy
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Just the Fax For This Useful Post:
  #9  
Old 02-16-2012, 08:05 AM
nursebeeme's Avatar
nursebeeme nursebeeme is offline
WS Super Moderator
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
Posts: 52,141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just the Fax View Post
If jay said it, it had to come from the first trial....and it did.
thanks jtf :-).

My reason for asking is that if you state something as a fact it is best to back it up with a link or say where it came from (re: testimony from last trial).

thanks again.
__________________
This bee my opinion
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:
  #10  
Old 02-16-2012, 08:07 AM
sureLocke's Avatar
sureLocke sureLocke is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 116
All this discussion on the hotel room being fixed to not close, and why didn't the hotel clerk who put the bill under the door notice? It seems to me these types of questions are pointless.

Q:Why would someone configure the door to not need keypad entry
A: To camouflage ins and outs

q: Why would someone camouflage their hotel room door entries and exits
A: They have something to hide.

Q; what did he have to hide the night of 11/2
A: Drugs?? Adultery??? Murder????

It is a fact that was testified to that there was no record of the key being used to open the door between check-in and the maid opening the door. And we know JY testified to "propping' the door open so he would need to use the key to re-enter.

Last edited by sureLocke; 02-16-2012 at 08:23 AM. Reason: Include additional fact
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sureLocke For This Useful Post:
  #11  
Old 02-16-2012, 08:09 AM
gritguy gritguy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Raleigh
Posts: 1,012
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnfear View Post
It's not that extreme a measure. Any crimes between parents typically have to be resolved before any sort of permanent custody decision can be made. The worse the crime, the longer it takes.

Temporary arrangements in custody matters are generally a nightmare unless both parents are in a agreement. Throw in the accusation of murder and it gets worse. Any judge worth their time on the family court bench would react with caution to the accusations. Obviously, the same can't be said for the wrongful death suit and defaulting on that.

Recent Local Example would be: The Cooper trial.
Good points, and there's an example where the surviving parent did contest the custody.

The only people who really know what was said between JY and his attorney are those two people (hopefully). I doubt, and this is just an opinion, a lawyer would say simply don't try to get or keep custody of your child, but they should discuss the ramifications and dangers of testifying in that matter and the client makes the decision of course.

I don't have any idea if the lawyer said, "I strongly advise you not to contest this" or if he said, "it's your choice but if you challenge and testify that can be used against you so keep that in mind." It's just something that can't be answered without having been there.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to gritguy For This Useful Post:
  #12  
Old 02-16-2012, 08:18 AM
heidisams's Avatar
heidisams heidisams is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: proud Hoosier
Posts: 397
I have a question. I thought I had this straight, but yesterday I got confused, all the back and forth... JY arrived at HI around 11p, he left just before midnight, when did he unplug the camera in the stairwell? When he 1st arrived did he scope out the stairwell, the camera locations, etc. and then go back to disconnect the camera before he left at midnight or did he do it when he was leaving? Someone mentioned 11:20p several times yesterday, and that is what threw me off. Could you walk me through your theory from when he 1st arrived to when he left the hotel just before midnight? TIA
  #13  
Old 02-16-2012, 08:20 AM
luckyme luckyme is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 3,530
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just the Fax View Post
Prosecutors are expected to call to the stand today some of the women with whom Young was involved during his marriage.

Read more here: http://www.newsobserver.com/2012/02/...#storylink=cpy

Im so glad im home today... I only saw MM last trial. moo
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to luckyme For This Useful Post:
  #14  
Old 02-16-2012, 08:23 AM
Just the Fax's Avatar
Just the Fax Just the Fax is offline
Justice For The Fisher's
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 4,852
One telling thing about the custody issue is it was moved to Transylvania County at his request, even though his attorney was Alice Stubbs of Raleigh. Alice told him a deposition and psychological evaluation was required. That's all he needed to hear...not happening, so he just signed over primary custody.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Just the Fax For This Useful Post:
  #15  
Old 02-16-2012, 08:29 AM
Just the Fax's Avatar
Just the Fax Just the Fax is offline
Justice For The Fisher's
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 4,852
"some of the women"

Wonder if we will hear from someone else, in addition to CAS and MM?
Reckon they found yet another?
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Just the Fax For This Useful Post:
  #16  
Old 02-16-2012, 08:41 AM
luckyme luckyme is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 3,530
Wasnt alice stubbs involved in the cooper case?
The Following User Says Thank You to luckyme For This Useful Post:
  #17  
Old 02-16-2012, 08:41 AM
~n/t~'s Avatar
~n/t~ ~n/t~ is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 17,104
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyme View Post
Im so glad im home today... I only saw MM last trial. moo
Wish I was home too. Her testimony should be interesting.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:
  #18  
Old 02-16-2012, 08:45 AM
gritguy gritguy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Raleigh
Posts: 1,012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just the Fax View Post
"some of the women"

Wonder if we will hear from someone else, in addition to CAS and MM?
Reckon they found yet another?
Is CAS the one who was attacked by him for the ring? I hope they get that back in, along with the punching of the windshield with the woman behind it.

I think MM only saw the good side, if I recall correctly.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gritguy For This Useful Post:
  #19  
Old 02-16-2012, 08:47 AM
gritguy gritguy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Raleigh
Posts: 1,012
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyme View Post
Wasnt alice stubbs involved in the cooper case?
She had represented Nancy and then NC's family, I believe.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gritguy For This Useful Post:
  #20  
Old 02-16-2012, 08:51 AM
luckyme luckyme is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 3,530
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~n/t~ View Post
Wish I was home too. Her testimony should be interesting.
I wish u were too. Shes interesting for sure. I missed the other woman during first trial.
The Following User Says Thank You to luckyme For This Useful Post:
  #21  
Old 02-16-2012, 08:53 AM
luckyme luckyme is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 3,530
Quote:
Originally Posted by gritguy View Post
She had represented Nancy and then NC's family, I believe.
Yes she was the lawyer that grilled him in depo. She took the stand too!
The Following User Says Thank You to luckyme For This Useful Post:
  #22  
Old 02-16-2012, 09:06 AM
happy2binNC's Avatar
happy2binNC happy2binNC is offline
Justice for Shaniya Davis!
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Wake County, NC
Posts: 393
Quote:
Originally Posted by gritguy View Post
Is CAS the one who was attacked by him for the ring? I hope they get that back in, along with the punching of the windshield with the woman behind it.

I think MM only saw the good side, if I recall correctly.
I believe the one he attacked was GC.

I'm interested to see if CAS breaks down again on the stand. Last time her emotions were so raw because she had just confessed her infidelity to her husband in the days before she testified. Wonder how she'll do now that a few months have passed?
__________________
"You came here for THAT?" - Jason Young, 2009
Yes, Jason, we came here for THAT! -- Guilty, Murder One, LWOP 3/5/2012
Justice at last for Michelle Fisher Young
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to happy2binNC For This Useful Post:
  #23  
Old 02-16-2012, 09:10 AM
gritguy gritguy is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Raleigh
Posts: 1,012
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy2binNC View Post
I believe the one he attacked was GC.

I'm interested to see if CAS breaks down again on the stand. Last time her emotions were so raw because she had just confessed her infidelity to her husband in the days before she testified. Wonder how she'll do now that a few months have passed?
Thanks - I remember now.

Those were some tough moments for her.
The Following User Says Thank You to gritguy For This Useful Post:
  #24  
Old 02-16-2012, 09:16 AM
Bottle Cap Bottle Cap is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 554
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just the Fax View Post
One telling thing about the custody issue is it was moved to Transylvania County at his request, even though his attorney was Alice Stubbs of Raleigh. Alice told him a deposition and psychological evaluation was required. That's all he needed to hear...not happening, so he just signed over primary custody.
Thanks for the info/input, JTF and everybody else.
  #25  
Old 02-16-2012, 09:26 AM
BrownRice's Avatar
BrownRice BrownRice is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,643
This was brought over from yesterday's thread by JTF.

Tied down?
Hardly. First thing he told his sister Heather was she will make a great mom to CY.
In the mean time, he used photos of CY to get dates on craigslist. SICK


I had never heard about the Craigslist picture. Was this before or after he killed MY? (allegedly killed).
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
State vs Jason Lynn Young 2-15-2012 nursebeeme Michelle Young 701 02-16-2012 07:05 AM
State vs Jason Lynn Young 2-13-12 otto Michelle Young 570 02-14-2012 09:25 AM
State vs Jason Lynn Young: weekend discussion 11-12 Feb 2012 nursebeeme Michelle Young 227 02-13-2012 06:12 AM
State vs Jason Lynn Young 2-9-12 otto Michelle Young 443 02-10-2012 07:36 AM
State vs Jason Lynn Young 2-8-12 Shelby1 Michelle Young 556 02-09-2012 07:56 AM


© Copyright Websleuths 1999-2012 New To Site? Need Help?
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:49 PM.

Advertisements

Pre-Order Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony today!