TX TX - Rena Rincones-Longoria, 20, Falfurrias, March 1995

CarlK90245

UID Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
A new NamUs casefile was opened recently for a 20 year old woman from Falfurrias TX named Rena Mae Longoria

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/17879/0

I did some research and found that her maiden name was Rincones. I located her freshman photo in the 1991 Falfurrias High School yearbook.

RenaRinconesLongoria_zps1f5e0bc2.jpg

Here's the content of her NamUs casefile:

NamUs MP # 17879

Name: Rena Mae Longoria
Date last seen: March 13, 1995 (According to NamUs) The circumstances state that her father reported her missing on Mar 21, 1994, but I suspect that they meant to say the report date was Mar 21, 1995.
Age last seen 19
Ethnicity Hispanic/Latino
Sex Female
Height (inches) 64.0
Weight (pounds) 115.0

Location LKA Falfurrias (Brooks County), Texas 78355

Circumstances: The reporting party, Jose Rincones, (now deceased) reported Rena missing on 06-21-1994. Rena has not been seen since.

Physical
Hair color Black
Eye color Brown

Tattoos Tattoo on her right ankle has the name of "John" and also has tattoo of "100%" on left ankle. No other tattoos, scars, or noticeable markings.

Her husband's name is John Longoria, and according to the discussion thread (linked below), he might be missing as well.

Here are two Topix discussion threads set up for Rena and her husband.

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/falfurrias-tx/TDUC7RS95LTJAVSO2

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/premont-tx/TH12MLTJ0KN2N74J8

For what it's worth, one poster claims to have witnessed their murder. This poster claims to have been present when a man (someone's step-father) got into an argument with John Longoria and shot John, and then shot Rena when she stepped forward to come to John's aid. The poster claims that they were both placed in barrels and buried under a slab of concrete.

I take everything on Topix with a grain of salt. I have to wonder about the poster who claims to have witnessed the murder. Why would someone post about that rather than go to the police? It couldn't be they're worried about their safety or they wouldn't be stating they witnessed a murder on an internet site.

I take everything on Topix with a grain of salt. I have to wonder about the poster who claims to have witnessed the murder. Why would someone post about that rather than go to the police? It couldn't be they're worried about their safety or they wouldn't be stating they witnessed a murder on an internet site.

That is why I prefaced it with FWIW.

Bumping for Rena. Despite the "rumors" on Topix, there are recent posts from many that loved her and want answers....

59b86515-0a15-4054-a8a8-bed474b93a75-Rena_Rincones.png

Rena Rincones

Texas DPS offers increased reward for information on missing person case

Texas DPS offers increased reward for information on missing person case

Investigators with the Texas Department of Public Safety are hoping that an increased reward will help solve the disappearance of a Falfurrias woman that happened more than 20 years ago.

Rena Rincones was last seen leaving her parents' home in Falfurrias on June 21, 1994, and was never heard from again. She was reported missing to law enforcement in March 1995.

Authorities believed that Rincones, after leaving her parents' house, was headed to a residence in the Premont area in Jim Wells County. At the time of her disappearance, Rincones was married and had a 1-year-old daughter.

Law enforcement officers are presuming Rincones is deceased, and her body has not been recovered, according to a news release.

Just bringing her photo from 1991 Falfurrias High School yearbook located by Carl from another thread

A couple months ago, NamUs opened a casefile for Rena Mae Longoria of Falfurrias TX

Missing Person Case

I did a bit of research and found that her maiden name was Rincones.

There was no photo of her in her NamUs casefile, and there were no yearbooks in Classmates for the years that she attended. So I contacted the Falfurrias HS library and asked them to e-mail me a photo of her. They found a freshman photo of Rena in the 1991 Falfurrias High School yearbook.

Identified! - TX - Monaville, Wht/HispFem Skel UP6088, 20-35, Mar'97 - Diann Hoelscher

I am very close to Renas daughter and am seeking more info on Rena her self, would any one here know Rena R. Personally?
Also those topix link goes to a shady quiz site would any one have a working link?

I’m sorry, I don’t know Rena. She looks like someone I know so I was drawn to her case. Very few details out there. I hope her daughter is well.
Do you know Renas friends or family personally? I'm close to her daughter and am looking for more info on her

Rena Rincones
Texas Department Of Public Safety

Rena Rincones

On 03-13-1995, Rena Rincones was reported missing by her father. Rena's father reported that she was last seen on 06-21-1994 in Falfurrias, Texas. It is believed Rena was going to a residence in the Premont, Texas area. Rena was not seen or heard from after she left her parents' residence on 06-21-1994. Law Enforcement presumes Rena is deceased and her body has not been recovered.

Rena was married and had a one year old daughter when she went missing.

REFERENCE NUMBER: 218 - Unsolved
COMPANY: D
RACE: Unknown
SEX: Female
CITY: Falfurrias
COUNTY: Brooks
RELATED YEAR: 1994

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors