Status
Not open for further replies.

imamaze

Former Member
Reaction score
kmgh-uekm-4208333-320x240.png

http://kmgh.m0bl.net/w/news/story/79133185/#

EP-121129662.jpg&MaxW=380

http://www.durangoherald.com/apps/p...2/Search-changes-focus--&template=printpicart
Dylan Redwine, 13, in his baseball uniform this past summer.

http://www.kob.com/article/stories/s2842579.shtml
La Plata County Sheriff’s Office is continuing to search for a 13-year-old Four Corners boy missing since Monday.

Dylan Redwine was reported missing Monday afternoon by his father, Mark Redwine, who lives in Vallecito, about 22 miles northeast of Durango.
Dylan is described as 13 years old, standing 5 feet tall and weighing 105 pounds. He has blond hair and blue eyes.

He was last seen wearing a black Nike shirt, black basketball nylon shorts, black Jordan tennis shoes and a two tone blue and white Duke Blue Devils baseball hat.

Anyone who may have information on Dylan’s whereabouts are asked to contact La Plata County Sheriff’s Office Investigators Dan Patterson (970-382-7015) or Tom Cowing (970-382-7045). People can also call the hotline for the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children at 1-800-THE LOST (1-800-843-5678).

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9
Thread #10

Thread #11
Thread #12
Thread #13

Thread #14
Thread #15
Thread #16
Thread #17
Thread #18
Thread #19
Thread #20
Thread #21
Thread #22
Thread #23
Thread #24
Thread #25

thread #26

thread #27

Thread #28

thread #29

thread #31

Thread #32
Thread #33
Thread #34
Thread #35

Dylan Redwine Media and Map Links

Timeline Reference Post

Missing Persons Information & Support

Official Facebook Page

Important Changes to the discussion :

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. To be clear, the victim in any case we cover is the victim (missing and/or deceased child and/or adult). Dylan Redwine is missing and he is our victim.

We are going to open discussion and sleuthing on Dylan's father Mark Redwine although he has not been named a person of interest. More often than not, we are finding that LE is reluctant to name a POI unless and until an arrest is imminent. However, the actions of LE may often times speak louder than words and for this reason, we are now going to allow discussion about Dylan's father.

Any questions or concerns with the above? Please personal message a moderator or administrator.

The discussion rules have been relaxed but that does not mean you can outright accuse him.

We can discuss our speculation based on facts, we cannot post out and out rumors. You can not speculate on something that is not known thru the media and or law enforcement.

All opinions are welcome, please don't talk about being on one team or another. We all want the same thing... Dylan to be found safe and brought home!!!

Folks, we have allowed the discussion of Dylan's father in this case because there are a lot of questions surrounding Dylan's disappearance and he was the last person known to see him prior to his disappeance.

We do not know what happened to Dylan or who is responsible. It is not a foregone conclusion that MR is responsible for the disappearance of his son.

We are web sleuths and as web sleuths, we'd like to see any and all possibilities as to what may have happened to Dylan discussed here. Any members chastising other members for putting forth alternative theories will be hit with hefty timeouts.

All reasonable theories and discussion of facts are welcome in this thread.

Please carry on and let's do what we do best.

Thank you.

Okay Guys - listen up! The last thread was going off the rails with the ranting about MR. Knock it off. If you just want to gripe - don't post it. Do NOT call names and do not use name variations (such as idiot or bad *advertiser censored*). Do NOT put words in his mouth.

The mods understand that frustration is high but you need to put this in prespective. While things look hinky, LE has not named MR a POI or a Suspect and LE has a lot more information than we do. MR is still a parent and as such, until LE or MSM tell us different, he is entitled to some respect here.

Discuss his comments, discuss contradictions if you see them, but leave the ranting off the thread please.

As always, if you have questions, pm a mod.

Thanks,

Salem

I can understand so many people going with the theory that someone who knows Dylan or one of his parents took him, as that would have him alive.

I just don't believe it.

Maybe if he had been gone a few days, or even a week. But not three months and counting. It would be difficult, not to mention expensive, to maintain a teenage boy, while at the same time hiding him, keeping him captive and still maintaining an outwardly normal appearance or lifestyle to avoid suspicion. And for what purpose? Dylan is far too old not to be able to report his ordeal in great detail at some point, assuming he is not to be kept for his entire life. No one will be able to claim a reward for "producing" him from such a situation as they would at the least, share in the guilt.

Whatever happened to him is a felony, whether he is deceased or not. If the case is ever solved, someone is going to prison for a long time, if not for life.

I appreciate the need to want to think of "best case scenarios" and presumably, someone known to the family would be better than the unknown predator.

Just not at all likely to me. If he is alive, IMO, he is in a terrible, abusive, unthinkable situation this very moment. Not being looked after by some well-intentioned lunatic.

ETA I believe that if someone was "dim" enough to take Dylan, thinking it was for his sake or whatever dubious reason, he would have been able to outsmart such a person long before now.

Oh my gosh a new thread and I think I'm even caught up on pages! Need to go to bed but if I could wake up and find out this is solved and Dylan's home safe that's be really great. (yeah I know, it's not likely, but I can dream yes?)

I can understand so many people going with the theory that someone who knows Dylan or one of his parents took him, as that would have him alive.

I just don't believe it.

Maybe if he had been gone a few days, or even a week. But not three months and counting. It would be difficult, not to mention expensive, to maintain a teenage boy, while at the same time hiding him, keeping him captive and still maintaining an outwardly normal appearance or lifestyle to avoid suspicion. And for what purpose? Dylan is far too old not to be able to report his ordeal in great detail at some point, assuming he is not to be kept for his entire life. No one will be able to claim a reward for "producing" him from such a situation as they would at the least, share in the guilt.

Whatever happened to him is a felony, whether he is deceased or not. If the case is ever solved, someone is going to prison for a long time, if not for life.

I appreciate the need to want to think of "best case scenarios" and presumably, someone known to the family would be better than the unknown predator.

Just not at all likely to me. If he is alive, IMO, he is in a terrible, abusive, unthinkable situation this very moment. Not being looked after by some well-intentioned lunatic.

ETA I believe that if someone was "dim" enough to take Dylan, thinking it was for his sake or whatever dubious reason, he would have been able to outsmart such a person long before now.

BBM I hate agreeing with you on this, as much as you hated saying it I'm sure. :( I think you're right but it makes me sick to think so.

Look at all these people Dylan has brought together! People from all walks of life, from near and far...so many different opinions and theories, emotions have run high...but we all share the same goal, bringing Dylan Redwine home!! Love and prayers to Dylan's family and friends. May there be a resolution to this terrible situation soon. Dylan, love to you buddy. From all of us far and wide!

So yesterday was all about SODDI -Some Other Dude Did It. And I understand that was an exercise that not all felt they could participate in.

So assuming he is guilty of something, what did MR do?

1) Premeditated murder
2) Accidental death / coverup
3) Premeditated abduction
4) Opportunistic abduction

Any other possibilities where MR is involved?

I am checking in...

Am so sad this case hasn't been resolved yet...

Hoping Dylan comes home soon!

:please:

I just don't believe it.

Clu, this BBM is a great point. I've been ' hoping' someone had him stashed to upset a parent or some type of ......legal issues. I think that is the only positive outcome for Dylan that there is and maybe that's why it's easy to want to look at it . But your statement is so true. If Dylan were 5 yrs old then maybe that person could keep him blindfolded or pass him off to a friend of a friend and he'd never really be able to give a good account of who/what/where /when etc when he's finally released. But a boy of his age can put together pieces , especially in 3 months time, and figure out enough to possibly find that person. Hmmmm

So yesterday was all about SODDI -Some Other Dude Did It. And I understand that was an exercise that not all felt they could participate in.

1) Premeditated murder

I like your thinking COLD ! :) Maybe if every day or two we focus completely on one theory, discounting all others as 'proven wrong' , then we can find that one little shred of LIGHT that wraps this up. Maybe if LE is reading along here, like has been suggested, they read something that makes them say :what: . Something that we don't know is significant because we don't have the facts that they do.

I say we go through all 4 scenarios ad nauseum !
But I'm confused ' opportunistic abduction' by MR ?
Please expand. TKS !

I like your thinking COLD ! :) Maybe if every day or two we focus completely on one theory, discounting all others as 'proven wrong' , then we can find that one little shred of LIGHT that wraps this up. Maybe if LE is reading along here, like has been suggested, they read something that makes them say :what: . Something that we don't know is significant because we don't have the facts that they do.

I say we go through all 4 scenarios ad nauseum !
But I'm confused ' opportunistic abduction' by MR ?
Please expand. TKS !

Sorry, Schmae, I meant that an abduction scenario where MR didn't plan for months - spur of the moment idea.

Ok !
Well for premeditated I will say it never crossed my mind........until we heard of this trip in the summer to the baseball parks, etc. MR's language of ' trip of a lifetime, memories that no one can take away ' ( paraphrasing) seemed odd to me when I heard it . At that moment I thought ' wow did he know then and was taking his son on one last hoorah ? '
Also his text to CR stating' mike has your mom' after so long sounds like a guy who cannot except the way things stand today and maybe has been in denial about that until just recently. Maybe the move made forced him to realize that ER is not coming back ? Which reminds me , do we know how long ER has been engaged? I wonder if she's been with MH all this time, the 6 yrs plus , or if she was single until say last summer and ran into MH and they rekindled their relationship and until that time MR thought he would still WOO her back?

However, during the 40 min interview when MR has said he's taken DR on many of these trips around the country to various ball parks , it made the trip this summer seem less ominous. UH.... now I have to go watch that part again because did he actually say ' dylan and i have been on these trips before ' ? OR did he say we planned these trips to visit all the parks and maybe the one this summer was the FIRST? and LAST?
I can only think on one scenario at a time, so it's premeditated for me right now.
But as far as saving himself some child support by removing DR from the picture, I' m sure if we calculated all his legal fees to date, they would be very high and possibly HIGHER than any unpaid child support. Also if he's so cheap on the child support, why take the expensive trips ?
I'd like to know also who told him it was ' crazy' to take his son across country on a trip ? People do it all the time with their kids.

Ok just watched again and this past summer's trip was NOT their first trip. fwiw

Where are you Dylan? We are all here hoping you come home!

1) Premeditated murder

I'll play. I'm going to go with option 3 or 4. I just don't see him having killed him purposefully or accidentally. I am not discounting the fact that he has a checkered past or that parents can and do murder their own children. Let's just call this my gut instinct. I think with any abduction scenario wether it be MR or another family member or friend it is possible to keep a teen in a remote area for a long time. One of my cousins lived within a commune in the mountains for years without much outside contact. While there he and his girlfriend raised their son. I do not think their son has ever been to a public school and I'd be shocked if he's even ever been to a conventional doctor. Now they trek to an island in Mexico by boat for periods of time and live off of the land and sea. Colorado is home to many communities like these. There is a whole other element of habitation that people have not considered as far as stowing Dylan away. I've looked at the terrain and documented populated areas etc and honestly Dylan could be anywhere. All it would have taken would be to know someone from the community and set it up for their child to live there. Most of those in these communities live off of the land and do not use the internet or television etc unless they travel to a city for supplies. Then they might go to the public library and contact people outside of their circle by email or FB etc. I think the search for Dylan has been way too concentrated to the immediate area of his disappearance. It is clear there is not much physical evidence, which leads me to believe Dylan left in a vehicle. Maybe this whole thing has been a case of "if I can't have custody, then I'll make sure she doesn't either" without actually physically harming Dylan. JMO, trying to think outside of the norm.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I'll play. I'm going to go with option 3 or 4. I just don't see him having killed him purposefully or accidentally. I am not discounting the fact that he has a checkered past or that parents can and do murder their own children. Let's just call this my gut instinct. I think with any abduction scenario wether it be MR or another family member or friend it is possible to keep a teen in a remote area for a long time. One of my cousins lived within a commune in the mountains for years without much outside contact. While there he and his girlfriend raised their son. I do not think their son has ever been to a public school and I'd be shocked if he's even ever been to a conventional doctor. Now they trek to an island in Mexico by boat for periods of time and live off of the land and sea. Colorado is home to many communities like these. There is a whole other element of habitation that people have not considered as far as stowing Dylan away. I've looked at the terrain and documented populated areas etc and honestly Dylan could be anywhere. All it would have taken would be to know someone from the community and set it up for their child to live there. Most of those in these communities live off of the land and do not use the internet or television etc unless they travel to a city for supplies. Then they might go to the public library and contact people outside of their circle by email or FB etc. I think the search for Dylan has been way too concentrated to the immediate area of his disappearance. It is clear there is not much physical evidence, which leads me to believe Dylan left in a vehicle. Maybe this whole thing has been a case of "if I can't have custody, then I'll make sure she doesn't either" without actually physically harming Dylan. JMO, trying to think outside of the norm.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Very interesting stuff!

Speaking of not much physical evidence, do we have any idea if the dogs hit on anything INSIDE the house? I know about the lake hits, etc. But it seems LE has said NOTHING about the inside of the house. For all we know dogs could have hit there and they did not release the info, correct? tia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx