Identified! CA - Redding, WhtMale, 35-55, screws in hand, Jul'12 - John Thomason

CarlK90245

UID Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
This article references three UID's. But this thread is focused only on the first UID mentioned in the article:

The other two threads can be found here:

CA CA - Salt Creek, WhtMale, >50, Prosthetic in Shoulder-Prior Facial Trauma, Feb'13 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

... and here:

CA CA - Redding, Female, >45, Found in A.C.I.D. Canal, Mar'13 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

________

http://www.redding.com/news/2013/ap...om-three-sets-of-bones-found/?partner=popular

The Shasta County Coroner’s Office is hoping the public can help identify three sets of bones found within the last year now that forensic anthropologists have gotten some clues from the remains.

The bones all were found between July and March, with one set uncovered in the Henderson Open Space area, another near the Old Millhouse Deli on Highway 299 and the most recent discovered near Locust Street and the Anderson Cottonwood Irrigation Canal in Redding.

BBM

Breshears said the bones found at the Henderson Open Space are those of a man, likely white and between 35 and 55 years old. The man was between 5 feet, 8 inches and 6 feet, 2 inches, Breshears said, and had screws in his right hand because of a fracture.

Guessing a person’s height based on their bones is hard when some leg bones are missing, as was the case with all three bodies, Breshears said.

Breshears is asking anyone who thinks they may know identity of the remains to call her office at 225-5551.

She said, it’s important to remember that guesses on a person’s age and other identifying traits are not rock-solid, so if someone thinks the remains could be those of someone who doesn’t perfectly match the above descriptions, it’s still a good idea to call the coroner’s office.

Sorry for all of the posts in a row (should I just be editing my original post?), but I found another possible match here. I'm assuming that he is already on LE's list, since he went missing from Redding and had a previously broken right hand:

Wade Borthwick
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/310/14?current_page=transportation

They say that they've searched their databases for hours looking for matches, so I would think that they looked at Borthwick, since he is local. But given the common broken hand, it may be worth a call just to make sure.

Called on this today. They have a list of about 300 names, so I'm sure Borthwick is already on there. They're double-checking though.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back