SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
jason_nancy.jpg

Nancy Lynn Jason

Endangered Missing from Bethesda, Maryland since July 20, 1977

Age: 18 -- Height: 5'7" -- Weight: 124 lbs -- Hair Color: Brown -- Eye Color: Brown

Nancy may wear eyeglasses. She suffers from epilepsy.

Nancy was last seen when she picked up some medicine from her Bethesda, Maryland home on July 20, 1977. She was affiliated with the Divine Lights Mission, a religious group, and was planning to go to Florida for a meeting. She had packed clothes, money, and a camera for the trip, but everything was left behind when she disappeared. Nancy has been known to hitchhike, and may have still gone to Florida without her luggage.

NamUs

Doe Network

Charley Project

Nancy was known to be involved with the Divine Light Mission, the Guru Maharaj Ji, was the Cult Leader originally from India. Little is known about her disappearance. One of Nancy's hobbies was jewelry making. Nancy was reported to be off her medications for epilepsy.

Nancy was reported living in a house located in Bethesda, Maryland with other cult members. Information was gained that Nancy may have traveled to Florida with other cult members to hear Guru Maharaj Ji.

Nancy was last seen at her residence in Bethesda, MD on 07/20/1977 when she picked up some medication at her residence. Nancy was affiliated with the Divine Light Mission and was planning a trip to Florida to attend a meeting of that group. She had laid out clothes, money, and a camera for this trip, but these items were left behind at the residence. Jason was known to travel via hitchhiking

If you have any information about this case please contact;

Agency Name: Montgomery County Police Department
Agency Contact Person: Detective Brian Stafford
Agency Phone Number: 240-773-5086 (8477) Anonymous Crime Tip Line

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/3142dfmd.html

I don't know how to do the side by side photos, but wondered what you all think of this PM. The shape of the face, eyes, and mouth all look very similar to me, but the weight is way off. I suppose it's possible to gain 50 pounds in 2 years, though...

It looks like no DNA sample was taken from the UID though, they only have dentals... and Nancy only has DNA, no dentals... <sigh>

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/j/jason_nancy.html

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/2260

Eye color is different, but there is a strange similarity to their faces,

I know I am reposting my own stuff, I posted this is the UID, sorry in advance.

Screen Shot 2013-09-28 at 8.15.54 AM.png Blended photo

Screen Shot 2013-09-28 at 7.59.05 AM.png Side by side

Cali 5'3"-5'5" (somes sources), 120#, brown, brown, multiple scars, Blood type A-. Poor dental hygiene.

Nancy 18 years old. 5'7" (could be reported height), 124#, brown, brown, Blood Type A-. History of epilepsy and seizures, could result in many scars as she was on and off medications, especially if they were tonic/clonic. On medication for seizures (on and off) and those notoriously cause tooth erosion and decay due to gum issues. Date last seen July 20, 1977. Dental issues related to anticonvulsants such as is a huge issue causing gum inflammation and severe dental issues. Had plans to go to Florida prior to disappearance.

Blood type A rh- is not very common (3.53% in the world per wiki) and 6% in the USA.

Nancy was a follower of Prem Rawat, Divine Mission. Last seen in a "preemie" (those who are leaving the organization or causing issues for it) house for those with medical issues in Maryland. It appears she was under the care of Dr John Horton and Dr Robert Hallowitz at the time.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/j/jason_nancy.html

http://whereaboutsstillunknown.wordpress.com/2013/03/18/nancy-jason/

http://prem-rawat-talk.org/cgi-bin/...d=get&cG=6383632323&zu=3638363232&v=2&gV=0&p=

I was just about to post this resemblance. Plus the jewelry making connection.

Here's a pretty good article on Nancy Jason
http://whereaboutsstillunknown.wordpress.com/2013/03/18/nancy-jason/

Dr. Hallowitz who was treating Nancy at the time lost his license in 1993 because several patients complained he had sex with him.
One of his patients reported that Dr. Hallowitz had warned her that patients who had displeased him in the past had met untimely deaths.

Maybe a moderator can merge this thread with this one MD MD - Nancy Lynn Jason, 18, Bethesda, 20 July 1977 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Nancy was known to be involved with the Divine Light Mission, the Guru Maharaj Ji, was the Cult Leader originally from India. Little is known about her disappearance. One of Nancy's hobbies was jewelry making. Nancy was reported to be off her medications for epilepsy.

Nancy was reported living in a house located in Bethesda, Maryland with other cult members. Information was gained that Nancy may have traveled to Florida with other cult members to hear Guru Maharaj Ji.

Nancy was last seen at her residence in Bethesda, MD on 07/20/1977 when she picked up some medication at her residence. Nancy was affiliated with the Divine Light Mission and was planning a trip to Florida to attend a meeting of that group. She had laid out clothes, money, and a camera for this trip, but these items were left behind at the residence. Jason was known to travel via hitchhiking

This is too weird. A group of Divine Light Mission members lived right behind us, and I used to babysit for them. (Shelton Street, Bethesda, Md.) I remember Ken, Mary, her daughter Oceania, and some others, but I don't remember a Nancy, though she could have easily lived there as people came and went. Frankly, that was one disturbing religion. I hope Nancy is safe. If I can think of anything substantive, I'll definitely call the police.

Actually, I will call the police because I can give them the name of neighbors who might know something.

Actually, I will call the police because I can give them the name of neighbors who might know something.

That is fantastic, yes please do let them know! Let me know if you need help with who to contact, I have a couple names. I submitted that possible match (via email) and got bounced around a little so just let me know if you have any trouble.

Bumping case up. Sounds more like she was abducted before she went on her trip.

-----------------------------

The Doe Network

Nancy Lynn Jason

Case Classification: Missing
Missing Since: July 20, 1977
Location Last Seen: Chevy Chase, Montogomery County, Maryland Physical Description** Listed information is from the time of disappearance.
Date of Birth: September 9, 1958
Age at Time of Disappearance: 18
Race: White
Height at Time of Disappearance: 5'7
Weight at Time of Disappearance: 124 lbs
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Brown
Alias(s) / Nickname(s): Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Nancy has Epilepsy and A Neg Bloodtype
Dentals: Not available
Fingerprints: Not available
DNA: Available Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: Unknown
Jewelry: Unknown

Additional Personal Items:

Unknown

Circumstances of Disappearance

Nancy was known to be involved with the Divine Light Mission, the Guru Maharaj Ji, was the Cult Leader originally from India.

Little is known about her disappearance. One of Nancy's hobbies was jewelry making.

Nancy was reported to be off her medications for epilepsy.

Nancy was last seen at her residence in Bethesda, MD on 07/20/1977 when she picked up some medication at her residence.

Nancy was affiliated with the Divine Light Mission and was planning a trip to Florida to attend a meeting of that group.

She had laid out clothes, money, and a camera for this trip, but these items were left behind at the residence. Jason was known to travel via hitchhiking

Investigating Agency(s)

E-Mail: mailto:Brian.Stafford@montgomerycountymd.gov

Agency Case Number: B735487
NCIC Case Number: M402395221
NamUs Case Number: MP #13877

Please refer to these numbers when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Information Source(s)

Family of Nancy Jason
NamUs
The Doe Network: Nancy Lynn Jason - 3142DFMD

LINK:

Nancy Jason

Nancy Jason.jpeg
Nancy Jason2.jpg

Missing since July 17th, 1977 from Montgomery, Maryland.

18 years old when last seen.

From NamUs: "Per law enforcement, Nancy Jason was last seen at her residence in Bethesda, MD on 07/20/1977 when she picked up some medication at her residence. Jason was affiliated with the Divine Light Mission and was planning a trip to Florida to attend a meeting of that group. She had laid out clothes, money, and a camera for this trip, but these items were left behind at the residence. Jason was known to travel via hitchhiking."

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/13877

I thought that the 2nd photo looked like the composite sketch for 1982's so-called "Cheerleader in the Trunk," at least the early sketches. Same state. The "Cheerleader in the Trunk" was found in August of 1982 and has a date of death range of 1972 - 1982. NamUs UP#7477.

attachment.php

Agreed...

The 40 year anniversary of Nancy's disappearance will occur next week.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back