Doyle

Reaction score
Website
www.
But after 2 years, some maintain hope that Alexis Patterson will be found
By LEONARD SYKES JR.
lsykes@journalsentinel.com
Posted: May 1, 2004
In the west side neighborhood surrounding Hi-Mount Elementary School where Alexis Patterson vanished two years ago, the community fervor to find her has all but died down.

Alexis Patterson disappeared May 3, 2002. She was 7 years old.

Anneliese Haeselich plans to keep the flier for missing Alexis Patterson in the window of her home on N. 49th St. until she is found.

Few businesses, homes or bus shelters carry the elementary school portrait of Alexis, a key part of the poster asking for information on her disappearance. The posters, once the inspiration for the community search, have themselves vanished, right along with the intensive searches by police and sheriff's deputies.
http://www.jsonline.com/news/metro/may04/226539.asp

Four police detectives have traveled out of state looking for the remains of a girl missing for more two years, a television station reported.

A prisoner told investigators the remains of Alexis Patterson were buried in a southern state near a metropolitan area, according to WTMJ-TV in Milwaukee. The station quoted unnamed law enforcement sources in its report Tuesday.
http://www.duluthsuperior.com/mld/duluthsuperior/8698832.htm

Tuesday marked the third anniversary of the disappearance of Alexis Patterson.

1450574_200X150.jpg

Three years ago, Alexis was walking to school with her stepfather, but the then 7-year-old never made it inside the school.

http://www.themilwaukeechannel.com/news/4443533/detail.html

I've read through a few of the many articles. Did they ever mention anything about the family being suspects? Particularly the step-father since he dropped her off?
What about other children on the playground? or Teachers?
Did anyone ever remember seeing her AT the playground? I couldn't find anything that said anyone recalls her even being there.

When this first happened, there was a report that someone heard screams near where she was found. I never saw anything about it after that. I thought, if it checked out, that this was probably an indication that she met with foul play right after she went missing.

There are still missing posters in area restaurants. She hasn't been forgotten, but I think, like the Prescious Doe case, that a tip from someone who knows what happened, will be needed to crack the case.

smidgeon said:
When this first happened, there was a report that someone heard screams near where she was found. I never saw anything about it after that. I thought, if it checked out, that this was probably an indication that she met with foul play right after she went missing.

There are still missing posters in area restaurants. She hasn't been forgotten, but I think, like the Prescious Doe case, that a tip from someone who knows what happened, will be needed to crack the case.

I dont remember hearing she was found. Was she?

She has not been found and the media in Milwaukee has very sparse coverage.

If LaRon Bourgeois truly had nothing to do with the disappearance of Alexis Patterson, he's probably been wronged as much as anybody in this ordeal.

At least, he certainly thinks so.

The stepfather of then-7-year-old Alexis has been Unofficial Suspect in the minds of many observers in this baffling mystery.

Bourgeois was the last person to see her alive after walking her to Hi-Mount Elementary School two years ago.

Police questioned him extensively and gave him a polygraph test but no official comment from police ever suggested Bourgeois was regarded as a suspect.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/metro/may04/231031.asp

Alexis Patterson -

Sweet Alexis has always been on my mind over the last 3 years. I had two friends in the National Guard who took part in the search. I find this a very sad story. Hoping there will be a tip in this case, as it seems there are no leads at the current time.

It hurt me Alexis, (a cute child) did not receive such wide spread media attention as many other missing children. I assume because she was a poor child from Milwaukee.

I was glad to see John Walsh do an update on this case at one point. I know that LE did think the moms mate, (the childs stepfather- who was the last to person to be seen with her) was a suspect but I think he has been cleared.

Each day I pray for Alexis, and I try to get the word out through different sites and organizations.

My prayers for this family and to others who have not had their children returned.

In response to one question: The schools were checked, and the playground, in fact the whole area, but I do not know any information.

I find it unfair sometimes a child is treated differently when they are of another race. This is just my opinion.

Prayers for all the missing children and adults. There is also a Website for Alexis.

Come home Alexis. You are missed.

The charges are related to running a "drug house" in her home. They found a large amount of cocaine in the home and she has been selling from the home. The "word on the streets" here in Milwaukee has always been that people think stepdad allowed Alexis to be taken to fulfill a drug debt. That is just a rumor and I don't know what info led people to think that but mom's most recent run in definitely may show they are connected somehow to people in the drug business that would be capable of such awful plans as abducting and god knows what else to a child!

crs4kds said:
The charges are related to running a "drug house" in her home. They found a large amount of cocaine in the home and she has been selling from the home. The "word on the streets" here in Milwaukee has always been that people think stepdad allowed Alexis to be taken to fulfill a drug debt. That is just a rumor and I don't know what info led people to think that but mom's most recent run in definitely may show they are connected somehow to people in the drug business that would be capable of such awful plans as abducting and god knows what else to a child!

Welcome, crs4kds, I too, am from the area, outside of milwaukee. Thank you for you "word on the streets" input.

Because the 'then step dad' was polygraphed, he must have passed? So now that we see the mom is involved with 'hard drugs,' IMO, they need to revisit the investigation into this missing child and talk to the mom. Who knows, maybe the 'then step dad' was covering for the mom. :(

Just a thought
JMHO
fran

Fran, and all:

Thank you for the recent update. Bless Alexis. I have followed the angel. I did not know about the mom. I'm sorry to hear of this. I'm glad she is the child of the day though. I am familiar with the search.

It is sad about mom fran- That is all I can add.

dmv- I shall copy the link again.

Again attention for this little girl will help. Alexis picture hangs in my home.

http://nvfc.us/content/view/109/34/

Bless all the children.

I just can't believe how many people, and especially children, can just disappear without a trace. You visit the NCMEC and the other missing sites, there are so many people gone........so many families and loved ones left behind.....not knowing.

It's truly heartbreaking.

fran

fran said:
I just can't believe how many people, and especially children, can just disappear without a trace. You visit the NCMEC and the other missing sites, there are so many people gone........so many families and loved ones left behind.....not knowing.
It really is alarming. I remember when I first came here to WS, realizing for the first time that the cases we hear about in the media aren't even the tip of the iceberg ... it's surreal. It's almost too much to think about at times. I don't know how the loved ones have the strength to go through each day.

JerseyGirl said:
It really is alarming. I remember when I first came here to WS, realizing for the first time that the cases we hear about in the media aren't even the tip of the iceberg ... it's surreal. It's almost too much to think about at times. I don't know how the loved ones have the strength to go through each day.

I honestly don't know why they can't have a cable station dedicated just to 'missing persons,' and 'unsolved' cases of abducted children and adults. There has to be several large corporations that would gladly sponser such a program. If they were even able to solve 1/2 as many cases as AMW has captures, this could be huge.

Just like with on your siggy, JerseyGirl,.....What in the world could have happened to this missing couple? I mean, they are in a vehicle which hasn't been found. It's like they were beamed up into the sky. Someone, somewhere, has to have seen something. :confused:

JMHO
fran

fran said:
I honestly don't know why they can't have a cable station dedicated just to 'missing persons,' and 'unsolved' cases of abducted children and adults.
This is one of the best ideas I've ever heard. And I did hear rumblings recently of one being in the works. I'm not sure how much of that is rumor and how much is truth, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I think it's necessary - there are so many missing and too many that we never even hear about.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back