TX TX - Monica Appleton, 29, Amarillo, 13 Oct 1999

FindMonica

Reaction score
Website
www.findmonica.org
[font=verdana, arial, helvetica]Monica was born May 21, 1970 in Pampa Texas . When last seen, she was 5 ft. 5 inches tall, weighing about 120 pounds. She had blonde hair and her eyes are hazel. She was last seen on October 13, 1999, by our mother, in Northwest Amarillo, Texas, on 17th and Hughes Street . At the time she was last seen, by our mother, she appeared to be scared about something but would not go with our mother. She told our mother to get out of the area. Monica kept looking over her shoulder. Our mother asked her what was wrong and Monica would not say at the time. Monica told our mother that she would tell her later, she never did. She has not been seen since.

http://www.findmonicaappleton.com
[/font]

http://www.findmonica.org

Donny Brown

I hope your family is abkle to get some well deserved answers soon. I can not imagine the not knowing.

Do you have any idea who or what she would have been afraid of ?? Why would she not go to your mother ?

I wanted to let everyone know. We are excited about this information. Through the efforts of The National Center for Missing Adults, the Racing for Missing organization(Daryl Lamour, John Petit and both their great teams) and FindMonica Foundation members Monica’s picture will be presented on the hood of Jim Pettit’s Ford NASCAR.

Saturday September 10th in Anderson, California at the Shasta Raceway Park Monica will appear larger then life on the hood of Jim Pettit II Ford in the NASCAR AutoZone Elite Division Southwest Series event.

It is our hope that this will help in bringing some attention to Monica’s case. We are hopeful that someone in our area, or anywhere else for that matter, that has information will contact law enforcement.

A press release, prepared by the Racing for Missing Team, will be going out soon to local and national media.

We are currently in the process of making arrangements to get the family there for the event.

I would like to ask that if you have forums please post this event.

Thank you for your support and for all you do for the missing

I have heard about this case.... I'm originally from Amarillo too. (Moved to Fort Worth, TX at the end of 1999, early 2000, then to Minnesota this year) - I was a waitress at a bar in Amarillo at the time Monica went missing - and police officers brought her photo in to see if any of us had seen her there - because apparently they had a lead at the time that she was employed there at one time. What a small world to see her name on this site. I'm so sad to see that this case has never been resolved. :(

I had not heard of Monicas case.
I was glad to read the case info and wish the family and Monica a peaceful and compassionate resolution.

Thank you very much for your concern and thoughts:) That is sadly the truth in alot of the young adults, their story never gets out that much, that's why even after this long we are praying that being larger than life on this Nascar will "maybe" jar someones memory someplace.

And I will let her brother Donny answer the question of why she wouldnt go with her mom. She was certainly terrified of something. He will be posting soon so Im sure he can give you more info on that. THANK YOU So Much!!

scan0027.jpg

FMFDataEntry said:
I wanted to let everyone know. We are excited about this information. Through the efforts of The National Center for Missing Adults, the Racing for Missing organization(Daryl Lamour, John Petit and both their great teams) and FindMonica Foundation members Monica’s picture will be presented on the hood of Jim Pettit’s Ford NASCAR.

Saturday September 10th in Anderson, California at the Shasta Raceway Park Monica will appear larger then life on the hood of Jim Pettit II Ford in the NASCAR AutoZone Elite Division Southwest Series event.

It is our hope that this will help in bringing some attention to Monica’s case. We are hopeful that someone in our area, or anywhere else for that matter, that has information will contact law enforcement.

A press release, prepared by the Racing for Missing Team, will be going out soon to local and national media.

We are currently in the process of making arrangements to get the family there for the event.

I would like to ask that if you have forums please post this event.

Thank you for your support and for all you do for the missing

What a wonderful idea. Was Monica having problems with a boyfriend or ex-boyfriend? It's to bad that she didn't confide in her mom...scary that she told her mom to get out of the area...must have been something big.

I hope that this case gets solved soon. I can't imagine not knowing what happened to my daughter. My heart goes out to Monica's family.

The last known person that Monica was known to have been with is a man named Ivory Tealer (aka - "T" or "T baby") who lived in Amarillo, Texas, which is about 60 miles from Pampa. Tealer was interviewed but stated that he did not know where Monica was. After being interviewed more he advised the investigators that he would not talk anymore unless his attorney was present. The interview was terminated and there has been no further questioning of Mr. Tealer.
www.findmonicaappleton.com

Ivory Tealer, Jackson's cousin, testified that he and Jackson, along with another individual, used a shotgun to burglarize the house of Wilbur Woods in Luling, Texas, three years prior to Jackson's murder trial.
www.clarkprosecutor.org/html/death/US/jackson630.htm

Tommy Ray Jackson was executed May 4, 2000. I have a bad feeling about Monica. If you read about Tealer's cousin Tommy Ray, I can understand why she was afraid. I came across this when I was looking at "Saltair Sally" who was found in Utah in October 2000.

Monica is listed in NamUs but it says her DNA profile is not available.

Hopefully her family will see this and submit it soon.

Bump

This month marks 11 years that Monica has been missing. Come home soon.

it appears IT (T baby) was arrested for DUI a few years ago but has relocated to Williamson County, down close to Georgetown which makes me think of Rachel Cooke it appears that's where he came from.

**Bump for Monica**

Hair Color: Blond/Strawberry
Head Hair Description: Blonde, waist length

7 Unidentified Person Exclusions

1671635248138.jpeg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads