A brush with evil: Serial killer’s painting brings bad luck, owner says

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
A Malden man’s guilty pleasure of investing in murderabilia has come back to haunt him thanks to a “cursed” clown painting by serial killer John Wayne Gacy, which the collector claims turned his life into a three-ring circus.
<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td height="8"><spacer type="block" height="8" width="8"></td></tr></tbody></table> “I just want to get rid of it,” said musician Nikki Stone about the late Gacy’s signed self-portrait of his terrifying alter ego, “Pogo the Clown.”

Since he plunked down $3,000 in 2001 to buy the framed oil from national murderabilia merchant Arthur Rosenblatt, Stone said his beloved dog has died and his mother found out she had cancer.

When a friend offered to store the painting at his house, the friend’s neighbor was killed in a car crash. A second friend who kept the painting for Stone attempted suicide, Stone said.
<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td height="8"><spacer type="block" height="8" width="8"></td></tr></tbody></table> “I’ve never even hung it,” said Stone, who hopes a less superstitious buyer will at least cover the $3,000 he blew - even if only to burn the true-crime artifact.
<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td height="8"><spacer type="block" height="8" width="8"></td></tr></tbody></table> The creepy conversation piece is now in the care of Stone’s pal Shawn McCarron, a consignment art dealer and owner of Kaleidoscope Tattoo & Art in Cambridge.
<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td height="8"><spacer type="block" height="8" width="8"></td></tr></tbody></table> McCarron has had his own share of bad luck: His mother, Maureen, 58, was murdered in Malden in 1999.
<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td height="8"><spacer type="block" height="8" width="8"></td></tr></tbody></table> “I’m not afraid of it,” McCarron said of the painting. “I don’t believe in the hocus-pocus and the bad mojo that comes with it.”

http://news.bostonherald.com/localRegional/view.bg?articleid=113042

Sounds good to me - I don't have any sympathy for murderbelia collectors - putting money into the pockets of the worst of the worst killers is a lousy thing to do. If he was really sorry, he'd just destroy it himself, not waste time trying to sell it to another sicko.

Details said:
Sounds good to me - I don't have any sympathy for murderbelia collectors - putting money into the pockets of the worst of the worst killers is a lousy thing to do. If he was really sorry, he'd just destroy it himself, not waste time trying to sell it to another sicko.

He should just burn the thing!

I thought I might buy it and ship it to the Peterson's for Christmas :angel:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Casshew said:
I thought I might buy it and ship it to the Peterson's for Christmas :angel:

I don't go in for the "mumbo jumbo" either. Who is to say that all of these things would have happened anyways, without owing or storing the painting.

I don't think I could own a painting knowing that the artist was a horrible murderer. No way........

I think it's a marketing ploy. He wants to create more intererest in the painting and sell it at a super inflated price. :loser:

Well Mabel, he may be doing it for attention, or a marketing ploy as he clearly wants to get rid of the picture and even says that she would "only" accept 3K which is what he paid for it.

Now I would never buy the paiting, but I am sure that some person in this world will and want to "test" out the theory that this painting brings bad luck.

If I could I would buy paintings from new artists who truly need exposure in a good way. I would never in a million years advocate supplementing a serial killer's ego by buying anything from them.

why does anyone buy this friggin crap? these guys TORTURE and KILL people! Good God. Burn the damn thing irregardless of whether it's cursed or not. Who cares about the 3grand.

maybe the ghosts of all those dead victims who were robbed of their lives all joined toegther, and decided to put the curse on the painting... for anyone who is dumb enough to consider it "super cool" to glorify this murderer and what he did. i wouldn't blame them one bit for being p*ssed off!!!! LOL!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back