Jessica Simpson/Nick Lachay Breakup?

Liz

I am not a chemist and this is not my 1st rodeo
Reaction score
I was watching New York ABC News 7 and they had a teaser about a Hollywood breakup of a famous couple.

Checked Drudge Report and apparently US Weekly magazine is saying it's official - splitsville.

Just in time for the holidays ... oh, boo hoo hoo.
;)

I think it's sad. I think they did love each other at one time.

Her Dad is a nut, imo. His comments about her bust size were creepy! :bang:

IdahoMom said:

agreed! his "comments" about both his daughters are completely out of line. Especially when I saw him gleeming with pride when "BOTH" of the "GIRLS" were filmed together in their itsy bitsy teeny weeny bathing suits and he was the "PROUDEST daddy" alive! :sick: :sick: :sick:

Personally, I've always thought "daddy simpson" was the pimp that whored his girls. :bang:

They just showed a picture a picture of them on the Today Show and are talking about it too. That really sucks, pardon my language. As ditzy as she may have appeared to be on their TV show, I didn't care, I thought they were cute together. :(

Happy Thanksgiving

I was kinda sad today when it was confirmed they split...

i have always thought her dad was a little off.......

PrayersForMaura said:
They just showed a picture a picture of them on the Today Show and are talking about it too. That really sucks, pardon my language. As ditzy as she may have appeared to be on their TV show, I didn't care, I thought they were cute together. :(

Happy Thanksgiving
Me too.
I thought their show as a laugh.
I know nothing about her Dad, except I thought the Simpson girls were brought up in a churchie family and they both sang in their church choir.
Not that that means anything I guess!

IdahoMom said:

I think it's sad as well. Jessica has said recently that all the pressure the media put on everything they did was a contributing factor in their breakup. How incredibly sad. She was so depressed over things that had been written about their relationship that she sought therapy. Very sad. I wish them both well.

Jules said:
I think it's sad as well. Jessica has said recently that all the pressure the media put on everything they did was a contributing factor in their breakup. How incredibly sad. She was so depressed over things that had been written about their relationship that she sought therapy. Very sad. I wish them both well.
So they agree to have a camera in their house for a TV show? PUH - LEASE. He's a hottie and he can do better than being tied to that idiot for life, regardless of what she looks like!!

LButler said:
So they agree to have a camera in their house for a TV show? PUH - LEASE. He's a hottie and he can do better than being tied to that idiot for life, regardless of what she looks like!!

I think they did the show in hopes of people leaving them alone outside of that. That didn't happen.

Personally, I think he's a has-been and she will be the one to continue on in her career. I also think that her career overshadowing his contributed to their demise.

And I think she's smarter than people give her credit for.

;)

Jules said:
I think they did the show in hopes of people leaving them alone outside of that. That didn't happen.

Personally, I think he's a has-been and she will be the one to continue on in her career. I also think that her career overshadowing his contributed to their demise.

And I think she's smarter than people give her credit for.

;)
I think that they did the show for exposure and money. Unfortunately, when you intentionally put yourself in the public light, the media will follow and make controversy out of anything.

I do agree with you about her being the one who will continue to succeed. I also think that she is not as dumb as her public persona.

I don't know Nick's talents, but he sure is cute. I wonder if he has any acting abilities or desire. Perhaps, he could even do Broadway since he can sing. :)

nanandjim said:
I think that they did the show for exposure and money. Unfortunately, when you intentionally put yourself in the public light, the media will follow and make controversy out of anything.

I do agree with ou about her being the one who will continue to succeed. I also think that she is not as dumb as her public persona.

I don't know Nick's talents, but he sure is cute. I wonder if he has any acting abilities or desire. Perhaps, he could even do Broadway since he can sing. :)

Nan, you're probably right about the show. I just think the whole thing is sad. I thought they were very cute together.

Yes, Nick is cute, but I think he'll fall away as other boy band members have. He did release a solo album which tanked. I know he's had a few guest spots on some tv shows - but nothing steady (that I know of).

I liked Nick too, and then the rumours came about his dalliances with *advertiser censored* stars...:sick:

Jessica has parlayed the "ditzy blonde" persona into big $$$$. So dumb she's laughing her way to the bank. :clap:

Nick's career is slipping, and her's has continued to grow.

They where a beautiful couple. I know that there has been rumors for a long time about them breaking up. Maybe the annoying photographers got to them. So sad :(

nanandjim said:

I do agree with you about her being the one who will continue to succeed. I also think that she is not as dumb as her public persona.

Nick is reportedly in talks with The WB to star in a sitcom:

http://entertainment.tv.yahoo.com/entnews/va/20051128/113319791400.html

Get a load of this crap! The WB network is working on a new show for next year that will star Nick as a baseball player navigating a new marriage. What kind of hypocrisy is that?

kato said:
Get a load of this crap! The WB network is working on a new show for next year that will star Nick as a baseball player navigating a new marriage. What kind of hypocrisy is that?

I heard that too. Wonder if the pilot will get picked up for a full season? :waitasec: :rolleyes:

well at the grocery store last night most of the tabloids had them on the cover , together and her pregnant??

SO are they broken up or not?

I gotta say to put me on the don't give a chit list. The sheer idea of this making news in and of itself makes me want to puke. :confused: :doh:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back