FL - Jennifer Kesse, 24, Orlando, 24 Jan 2006 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShowerSinger

Reaction score
This pretty young lady disappeared after saying she was going to mail a package. She did not show up for work on Tuesday, and her cell phone goes directly to voice mail.
www.local6.com/news/6443122/detail.html
Jennifer had told family and friends she was afraid of living alone in her apartment complex. The complex has a security gate, however, visitors are not monitored.

I wonder what the circumstances were of her and the boyfriend. I just ask since he was the last to see her. I hope we get some more info on this. She's a really pretty girl.

Police Find Few Clues In Search For Missing Woman

Orlando police are looking for a missing woman who never showed up for work on Tuesday.
Her family said that's not like her, WESH 2 News reported.
Jennifer Kesse, 24, and her 2004 black Chevrolet Malibu are missing. Police said she lives at the Mosaic Apartments on Conroy Road, near the Mall at Millenia.

"It's not usual for her not to have contacted anybody on her cell phone, and more importantly, for the cell phone to be turned off," said her mother, Joyce Kesse.

When Jennifer Kesse did not show up at work on Tuesday, her Ocoee investment office called her parents.

"'We don?t' want to alarm you, but Jennifer hasn't showed up for work. She hasn't called. She hasn't e-mailed, she hasn't shown up for work.' Jennifer is the type of person if she is running 15 minutes late, she's going to call you to say, 'I'm running 15 minutes late,'" her mother said.

Her parents called the staff at the Mosaic Apartments. The condo was checked and the door was locked and nothing was disturbed. No one has heard from Kesse since she had a cell phone conversation with her boyfriend at about 10 p.m. on Monday. Her family said it is very uncharacteristic for her to lose contact with her family, and it's even more unusual for her to not show up for work.

Whoops!
Link: http://news.yahoo.com/s/wesh/20060125/lo_wesh/3216225

Police: Missing Woman's Car Found

UPDATED: January 26, 2006

Police believe they've found a car belonging to a woman missing in Orlando for three days.

Investigators said the car belonging to Jennifer Kesse, 24, was found near her home, WESH 2 News reported.

The vehicle was found at Huntington on the Greens Apartments at Americana and Texas, officials said.

Kesse's boss said she never showed up at work on Tuesday. She was last heard from Monday night.

Her family and former University of Central Florida sorority sisters are talking to people around her Mosaic of Millenia condominium to help gather more information.

http://www.wesh.com/news/6461195/detail.html

Thanks for posting the update. I have been thinking about her. I hope this turns out all right.

Apparently she had bought the condo she lives in, and it DOES have security. The bloodhound traced a scent from her car, leading past the only gated entrance to a spot inside the fence leading straight to her front door. She had called her 29yo boyfriend in Fort Lauderdale at around 10pm on Monday night. I dunno. Something is really odd about this. I can't find a link. Just some friends who live there, who told me this. Also, something about a gym bag?
Anyone else hear anything?

<SNIP>

Orange County sheriff's bloodhound Bo took a sniff of the driver's seat and pulled handler Sgt. Jeff Brown at a loping pace for a mile.
The scent led straight to the front door of Kesse's home in Mosaic at Millenia, an upscale, gated and fenced condominium complex with 24-hour security on Americana Boulevard.

The trail bypassed the complex's only entrance and led to a stretch of fence separating the public sidewalk from its private grounds. Once the 6-year-old bloodhound entered the grounds, the dog picked up the scent inside the fence and went directly to a staircase leading to Kesse's second-floor condominium.

<SNIP>

Orlando police homicide detectives would not speculate on who abandoned Kesse's Chevrolet Malibu near the intersection of Americana and Texas Avenue and then walked or ran back to her home.

Today's investigation in Orlando included searches of storage closets in the 3-story building where she lives and a search of scrub pines and brush at the back of the property. Another search was conducted at Huntington on the Green condominiums, where the missing Chevy Malibu was found parked between a white Dodge pickup and a Jeep Cherokee.

Crime scene technicians picked through a nearby dumpster and photographed a gym-style bag along with several pieces of discarded furniture. Afterwards, Kesse's car was carried away by a flatbed tow truck for a forensic inspection of its interior and body.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/orl-bk-missingwoman012606,0,1787842.story?coll=orl-news-headlines

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/orange/orl-bk-missingwoman012606,0,3904869.story?coll=orl-home-headlines

The trail bypassed the complex's only entrance and led to a stretch of fence separating the public sidewalk from its private grounds. Once the 6-year-old bloodhound entered the grounds, the dog picked up the scent inside the fence and went directly to a staircase leading to Kesse's second-floor condominium.

Orlando police homicide detectives would not speculate on who abandoned Kesse's Chevrolet Malibu near the intersection of Americana and Texas Avenue and then walked or ran back to her home.

"Obviously, we get more concerned as time passes but we certainly are going to keep our hopes up," said Sgt. Barbara Jones, the department spokeswoman.

Missing persons cases are relatively common in Central Florida with more than 3,000 listed at least briefly each year in Orange County alone.

An impromptu search for the 24-year-old financial analyst began Tuesday when she failed to go to work at Central Florida Investments or answer her cell phone.

Extremely responsible since childhood, her uncharacteristic absence alarmed family members in Bradenton and more than a dozen former classmates at the University of Central Florida. By Tuesday night, they began distributing posters asking the public to help find the 5-feet, 8-inch tall, 135-pound blonde with green eyes.

"She's got the whole package. She's just one of those girls you go to for anything," said friend and college roommate Jenny Peppers. "She's got street smarts and book smarts. She's a very bright girl."

The last time anyone heard from Kesse was about 10 p.m. Monday when she called Rob Allen, her boyfriend who lives in Fort Lauderdale, her friends and police said.

Allen, 29, and Kesse met last year when she and several of her friends went to the Tiki Bar, a popular meeting place in downtown Orlando's nightclub district, said Cari McKibben, who roomed with Kesse for five years.

This afternoon, Allen, McKibben, Peppers and about 20 of Kesse's relatives and friends from as far away as Boston gathered at her condominium to wait for news from police. Many were UCF 2003 graduates, who described her with the same terms of determination, intelligence and ambition that had followed her since elementary school in Tampa when she received all A's on her report card.

At Gaither High School in Hillsborough County, where she belonged to the Fellowships of Christian Students, Spanish Honors Society and graduated in 1999, Principal Brenda Grasso told the St. Petersburg Times newspaper, "She left us with a very high GPA. ... What an awful shame.''

Today's investigation in Orlando included searches of storage closets in the 3-story building where she lives and a search of scrub pines and brush at the back of the property. Another search was conducted at Huntington on the Green condominiums, where the missing Chevy Malibu was found parked between a white Dodge pickup and a Jeep Cherokee.

Crime scene technicians picked through a nearby dumpster and photographed a gym-style bag along with several pieces of discarded furniture. Afterwards, Kesse's car was carried away by a flatbed tow truck for a forensic inspection of its interior and body.

Homicide detectives Emmett Browning and Glenn Gause returned to the complex late this afternoon to inspect a security camera system with a view of the spot where Kesse's car had been parked. They did not say if there is film of who abandoned the car.

This is every parents worst nightmare.....I sure hope they find her alive & well soon.

She has a lot of contact with people working at West Gate Resorts. We have a time share there.

The search dog has me puzzled. Did they just have the dog stick his nose inside the car and follow the scent of whoever had been in the car last? I wonder why they didn't get a piece of her clothing out of the dirty clothes and have the dog sniff it and see where that led? If the dog was following her scent that would mean that she parked her car there and then walked back to her condo right up to her door which doesn't make sense at all. If it means that someone else drove her car to that place and then walked back to her place right up to her steps....did that person go inside her condo? I wonder if anything was missing? Whoever it was avoided the main gate probably hoping that no one would see him/her. This is really strange. I would think that the person was just going back to retrieve their own car but they went right up to her steps or door.

I wonder how far away the boyfriend lives? I see that he is there helping search but that wouldn't be the first time. Hate to focus right on to the boyfriend but......

I hope that she is found soon and that she is alright. I'll be surprised if that happens though. Wonder if the gym bag belonged to her or if it was just something someone threw away. Her poor family having to go through this.

Friends, Family Search For Missing Woman

Friends and family will launch a major search Friday to find An Orlando woman who has been missing for nearly four days.
The search is set to begin at 7:30 a.m., and about 100 of Kesse's friends and family members will gather at the Huntington on the Green condominium complex, where her car was found.

...But Kesse's father had an emotional message for his daughter Thursday night, and he remains hopeful.

"Your family and your friends love you. We know you are there. We will find you. We will not stop, and God, we will find you, and just be smart, as we know you are, and be strong, as we know you are," Drew Kesse said.

More: http://news.yahoo.com/s/wesh/20060127/lo_wesh/3221236

Bobbisangel said:
The search dog has me puzzled. Did they just have the dog stick his nose inside the car and follow the scent of whoever had been in the car last? I wonder why they didn't get a piece of her clothing out of the dirty clothes and have the dog sniff it and see where that led? If the dog was following her scent that would mean that she parked her car there and then walked back to her condo right up to her door which doesn't make sense at all. If it means that someone else drove her car to that place and then walked back to her place right up to her steps....did that person go inside her condo? I wonder if anything was missing? Whoever it was avoided the main gate probably hoping that no one would see him/her. This is really strange. I would think that the person was just going back to retrieve their own car but they went right up to her steps or door.

I wonder how far away the boyfriend lives? I see that he is there helping search but that wouldn't be the first time. Hate to focus right on to the boyfriend but......

I hope that she is found soon and that she is alright. I'll be surprised if that happens though. Wonder if the gym bag belonged to her or if it was just something someone threw away. Her poor family having to go through this.

I wondered why whoever drove her car would go to her condo, too. Maybe she was abducted somewhere other than from her condo and the abductor found her address with her purse and decided to go rob her place later?

If she was abducted or killed at her condo, maybe there was a clean up to do to get rid of evidence?

I read that the boyfriend lived in Fort Lauderdale and had spoken to Jennifer around 10 pm Monday night on the phone (that is easy to verify). It is an approximate 3 hour drive to Orlando from Lauderdale.

Jennifer had expressed concern about some of the maintenence workers on the condo property.Even though it was a gated community it appears she was worried about inside the gates. These workers would have pass keys to units for emergencies. Normally there would be a privacy lock in a unit so the key wouldn't be used while you are inside but maybe in this case there was none.

I don't believe she is too far away and they will find the clues needed to bring her home.

Bobbisangel said:

This also has me concerned it never made much sense. Thought it was just me over reacting to the search dogs......:twocents:

The boyfriend lives in Fort Lauderdale- really far away (hours south).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer