Dog Blamed for Hitting Woman With Truck

graybar hotel

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
OGDEN, Utah (AP) - A police dog that was left in a pickup with the engine running apparently knocked the vehicle into gear and ran down a woman who was walking to her mailbox.

Mary F. Stone, 41, was expected to remain hospitalized with a fractured pelvis and tailbone until at least Friday, said her husband, Paul Stone.

The dog, a German shepherd named Ranger, had been left in the truck while its handler responded to a domestic disturbance call Tuesday, police Lt. Loring Draper said. The truck's engine was on so Ranger would have air conditioning.

http://www.lasvegassun.com/sunbin/stories/nat-gen/2006/jul/13/071308498.html

I hope the lady will be OK...It could have happened to any of us who have pets. Poor Ranger!

Does this mean they'll send in the K-9 police Internal affairs and place Ranger on administrative leave? He'll probably have to go to the pet shrink to make sure he isn't a loose cannon on the force waiting to run down the innocent civilians he was sworn to protect :D

Gmommy said:
Does this mean they'll send in the K-9 police Internal affairs and place Ranger on administrative leave? He'll probably have to go to the pet shrink to make sure he isn't a loose cannon on the force waiting to run down the innocent civilians he was sworn to protect :D
He left the a/c on for his doggie. :)

I know, I can go through an entire newspaper of horrible things and pick out the only cool thing in it. Forgive me. I've been called "hopelessly optimistic."

The Ranger probably got bored and started looking around and then thought 'hmmm, wonder what this does'.:rolleyes:

Gmommy said:

You're so silly!!! ;)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
GlitchWizard said:
Maybe there was doughnut glaze on the shifter and he licked it off.
Darn Glitch I almost spit out my Frappuccino!!!!!

Disclaimer: I have friends and relatives who are in LE and I know this is unfounded. One of my friends in LE set me straight when I kidded with him about cops eating doughnuts he looked me in the eye and said....
'Hey I resent that I don't eat doughnuts...I prefere Bagels':D

curious1 said:
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Darn Glitch I almost spit out my Frappuccino!!!!!

Disclaimer: I have friends and relatives who are in LE and I know this is unfounded. One of my friends in LE set me straight when I kidded with him about cops eating doughnuts he looked me in the eye and said....
'Hey I resent that I don't eat doughnuts...I prefere Bagels':D

You should see some of the guys in the police department where I live. HOLY COW!!! I would LOVE to be pulled over and strip searched by these guys! They didn't make them like this when my parents were cops. They're like seriously BUFF. There are no donuts anywhere near these guys.

Jeana: I love the bike cops. Those legs just drive me crazy.....:crazy:

This is turning into the I'm Too Sexy for My Uniform forum I think.

:laugh: :laugh:

curious1 said:

Your towns must not have Krispy Kreme donuts. All the cops I know (and love) are kinda chunky. :) Maybe it's just Highway Patrol and correctional officers???

curious1 said:

Ya right.....
Cops around here too, VERY nice looking and built....:blushing:

Hope the lady recovers ok.....

Pharlap said:
Ya right.....
Cops around here too, VERY nice looking and built....:blushing:

Hope the lady recovers ok.....

I think the chunky ones are nice looking. :) Someone has to prefer the heavier set guys in uniform - I volunteer.

Jeana (DP) said:
Okay, which one of you is going to volunteer to put the calendar together. :D
I'll do the photoshoots. ;-)

The chunky doughnut eating ones I'll position the doughnuts strategically in the photos. The buff guys, we will give them bagels - but no cream cheese.

GlitchWizard said:
I'll do the photoshoots. ;-)

The chunky doughnut eating ones I'll position the doughnuts strategically in the photos. The buff guys, we will give them bagels - but no cream cheese.

I think we're going to have to do two calendars. I'll get grossed out if I see chunky donut eaters nekkked.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back