KY KY - Owensboro, Pleasant Valley Rd, WhtMale 25-40, UP87, curly hair, eyeglasses, Jan'90

outofthedark

Lyle Stevik's FB Hostess
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Moderator note: It was later determined former doenetwork case 133UMKY was falsely identified. This john doe is still unidentified as far as I can tell. Still looking for/need a current Doenetwork or NamUs link.

Date of Discovery: January 7, 1990
Location of Discovery: Owensboro, Daviess County, Kentucky
Estimated Date of Death: Days prior
State of Remains: Not recognizable - Traumatic injuries
Cause of Death: Homicide by gunshot
Estimated Age: 25-40 years old
Race: White
Sex: Male
Height: 5'0" to 5'7"
Weight: 125 to 140 lbs.
Hair: Curly, medium brown with some gray on the temples; up to 8" long. He was clean-shaven at the time of death.
Eye Color: Possibly blue.
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Light complexion with tanned arms.

Dentals: Available. Natural teeth with some fillings.
Fingerprints: Not available.
DNA: Available.

Clothing: None.
Jewelry: None.
Additional Personal Items: Men's gold-toned presciption eyeglasses were found near the body.

Circumstances of Discovery: The victim was found by two rabbit hunters east of Owensboro, on Pleasant Valley Road. The body was dumped in a briar thicket in Daviess County, stripped of clothing and covered with twigs. He was shot six times, and his face had been disfigured by blunt-force trauma to the face, and his hands and feet had been cut off. Investigators believe he was killed elsewhere, as there was no blood at the scene. He also may have been from another area.

In 2007, he was misidentified as Scott Michael Morris. DNA testing would later prove the victim was unrelated to the Morris family.

<MOD NOTE: Original link broken; edited to include current links as of October 8, 2022>

Last edited by a moderator:
That's sad... He disappeared from his family 12 years before his body was found... and it took 17 years after his body was found to identify him after that. At least they think they know who's responsible, not only for the abduction but his murder too. I hope they find what they need to get this monster.

I wonder if the person responsible also killed this Doe found in Kentucky the year prior (1989) his hands were also cut off and was shot (what are the chances of that) ??/
Most murders dont take the time to cutt of hands do they?

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/296umky.html

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/19247737/detail.html

POSTED: 6:24 am EDT April 22, 2009

OWENSBORO, Ky. -- Police in western Kentucky who thought they had solved the 1978 disappearance of an Indianapolis teen are back at square one.

In September 2007, Kentucky State Police announced that remains found in 1990 in Daviess County were those of Scott Michael Morris.

New tests on those remains revealed that they were not that of Morris or at all related to the Morris family.

Attachments

• Scott Michael Morris.jpg
    Scott Michael Morris.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 129
Oh gosh, I wonder who the poor unidentified boy is then??

How sad.

Disappointing that the family no longer has closure, but at the same time, there's at least some renewed hope that he might be still alive somewhere

Still looking for a current link for this John Doe. The Doenetwork case number 133UMKY is no longer valid.

If anyone finds a current link, please add it and let's see if perhaps we can help him find his way home.

TIA

Cubby

If he's back up on Doe (I don't think he is), he's not linked in any of the indexes. However, this is his information, courtesy of a Google search. Also, he has an entry in NamUs.

https://identifyus.org/cases/87

His old Doe Network entry:

Unidentified White Male

Located on January 7, 1990 near Owensboro in rural Daviess County, Kentucky.
Cause of death was homicide. The victim had been shot 6 times with .22 caliber long-rifle and had been beaten.
Estimated Date of Death: 1 week

Vital Statistics
Estimated age: 25 - 35 years old
Approximate Height and Weight: 5'6"-5'7"; 125-140 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: Curly, medium brown hair with a little gray on the temples; greatest length of hair was 8 inches. Brown eyes; light skinned with tanned arms.
Dentals: Available. Natural teeth with some fillings.

Case History
The victim was found by two rabbit hunters east of Owensboro, on Pleasant Valley Road. The man had been murdered, stripped of his clothes and covered with twigs. He was shot several times, his face had been disfigured by some type of blows, blunt force trauma to the face, and his hands and feet had been cut off. The body was dumped in a briar thicket in Daviess County. Investigators believe that this victim may have been from another area.
The body was not decomposed, indicating that he hadn't been dead for long. Investigators believe, because there was no blood at the scene, that he was murdered somewhere else.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Daviess County Sheriff's Department
270-685-8444

NCIC Number:
U-400652197
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.​

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/133umky.html (no longer exists)
https://identifyus.org/cases/87 (does exist)

This guy looks pretty close.

Timothy Keays

2311797100045078242S200x200Q851.jpg
keays_timothy.jpg

Thank you Zinc!

I agree they look pretty close Carl. Maybe close enough to submit. The distance is pretty far though. Oregon all the way to KY.

I will update the thread title to add the NamUs case number.

This guy looks pretty close.

Timothy Keays

2311797100045078242S200x200Q851.jpg
keays_timothy.jpg
I haven't read the circumstances but glancing at photo here are my observations.

1) L ear both: has crease across bottom of lobe and the antihelix and the fold look the same.
2) Same 'pointy' nose
3) From the angle shown the hair line looks close.

I think you know I never depend on geographical location or time line alone. It would be good to find another photo or drawing of the UP and the MP for better comparison. If that is not possible, I say this looks very close.

I agree on the ears and pointy nose, and I'll add eyebrows and browline. Although the eyebrows are not quite as bushy as the drawing suggests, they are the same shape, and at the nose, they extend inward past the vertical plane of his eyes.

The only thing is that I've dealt with Emily Craig (i.e., the Kentucky ME) on one other occasion, and I know how she operates. If you don't spoonfeed her the fingerprints, dentals or DNA info, she won't lift a finger to try to obtain it herself. She has told me that she doesn't see it as her job to go seek out these things. As she sees it, it's the job of LE on the MP side.

I agree on the ears and pointy nose, and I'll add eyebrows and browline. Although the eyebrowns are not quite as bushy as the drawing suggests, they are the same shape, and at the nose, they extend inward past the vertical plane of his eyes.

The only thing is that I've dealt with Emily Craig (i.e., the Kentucky ME) on one other occasion, and I know how she operates. If you don't spoonfeed her the fingerprints, dentals or DNA info, she won't lift a finger to try to obtain it herself. She has told me that she doesn't see it as her job to go seek out these things. As she sees it, it's the job of LE on the MP side.
Okay, I won't get off on a tangent about the lack of coordination of both agencies, so to get results, it is best to play stupid and cheerful, stroking the ego of both and get them connected. Yeah, its all about politics and ego but it can be done.
So have you determined if you can get what she wants? Most older cases won't have any DNA samples or tissue to get from. As you know many won't have fingerprints. As to the dentals, (forgive me if this seems obvious) having a dental chart is not a guarantee. A chart can rule OUT a person but will not yield positive results for a match. So, what is needed are x-rays or microfilm of the dentals. I will go read the cases now. You are correct on the brow structure. Prominent.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back