OH OH - Toledo, WhtFem 16-21, 335UFOH, burned, 5 pearl studs per ear, Jun'87

ihadcabinfever

Reaction score
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/157dfny.html
Cindy Loretta Rowles
Missing since August 16, 1986 from Kingston, Ulster County, New York.
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: December 18, 1968
Age at Time of Disappearance: 17 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'5; 130 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Sandy hair; hazel eyes.
Marks, Scars, Tattoos: Rowles wears eyeglasses and has a tattoo on her left arm.
Dentals: Available.

vs.
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/335ufoh.html

Reconstruction of Victim by S. Anderson

Unidentified White Female

The victim was discovered on June 16, 1987 in Toledo, Ohio

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 16 - 21 years old
Approximate Height and Weight: 5'4" - 5'8"; 110 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: Light brown/dark blonde hair of fine texture, 6-7 inches long. Slender build.
Dentals: Near perfect alignment of front teeth. Lower first molars and upper right first molar extracted in late childhood. Third molars not present (upper left impacted). No fillings or restorations.
Clothing: Jordache jeans. 5 pearl earrings in each ear.
DNA: in CODIS

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/m/minish_becky.html

Becky Annette Minish

minish_becky.jpg
2499276970045078242S200x200Q851_zps5f2aa94a.jpg

bar.jpg
Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance
Missing Since: March 17, 1987 from Richmond County, Georgia

Classification: Endangered Missing
Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian female. Blonde hair.
bar.jpg

Details of Disappearance
Minish was last seen leaving her job at a fast food restaurant on Wrightsboro Road in Richmond County, Georgia on March 17, 1987. She has never been heard from again. Her car was found a few days later at the Wrightsboro Road exit of Bobby Jones Expressway. One of its tires was flat, the door had been pried open, and the steering column was smashed. There was no sign of Minish at the scene. She resided in Evans, Georgia in 1987. Her case remains unsolved and foul play is suspected.

and

2499276970045078242S200x200Q851_zps5f2aa94a.jpg

Reconstruction of Victim by S. Anderson
Unidentified White Female

• The victim was discovered on June 16, 1987 in Toledo, Ohio
Vital Statistics

• Estimated age: 16 - 21 years old
  • Approximate Height and Weight: 5'4" - 5'8"; 110 lbs.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: Light brown/dark blonde hair of fine texture, 6-7 inches long. Slender build.
  • Dentals: Near perfect alignment of front teeth. Lower first molars and upper right first molar extracted in late childhood. Third molars not present (upper left impacted). No fillings or restorations.
  • Clothing: Jordache jeans. 5 pearl earrings in each ear.
  • DNA: in CODIS
Case History
The victim was located on June 16, 1987 in Toledo, Ohio, near Interstate

This is a scary story. A flat tire and the door pried open?
Steering column smashed.

Pried open with a tire iron? Good God.

minish_becky.jpg

WOW. I'd say that's pretty close.

Toledo seems so far from Georgia, but maybe a trucker was involved?

When they say "five pearl earrings in ear" do they mean 5 separate holes? Or an earring with 5 pearls in it? That might help if you could match that up.

It is far . I am starting to think these people end up far away. Like it is purposly done that way so it puts distance between the crime and the person responsible so that way searchers never find these people for a very long time.

Then they get away with it and they can do it again and again to someone else the next time these animals loose their temper or whatever it is that drives them to kill innocent young unassuming naive girls,tossing them to the side of the road in a ditch or the woods like garbage because they need to feel powerful . Then they think they are smarter than everyone.

Oh , I am not sure about the earrings.Minish was 19 years old at the time she dissapeared so it could be possible that she had her ears peirced that many times. I think my younger sister had alot of earrings around that time too but I could not guess how many.

Well, Toledo is off the Ohio turnpike and another major highway-the number I can't remember right now! I-90?

They look enough alike to me. I'm sure others will comment this weekend. That would be cool if you matched another one! :blowkiss:

I didn't know I matched anything , I just put it up to see what happens.
I bet someone put this together before along the line here. I couldn't find it . It could be in the archives.

Looks a lot alike! I would hope this has been ruled out years ago. Only because - they look SO similar that I would hope LE already checked it out years ago, and not just overlooked by LE. (Know what I mean?) I am curious if it has been ruled out. Definatley looks like the same person!

Well, Toledo is off the Ohio turnpike and another major highway-the number I can't remember right now! I-90?

They look enough alike to me. I'm sure others will comment this weekend. That would be cool if you matched another one! :blowkiss:

Interstate 75 runs from Hialeah, Florida to Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan and both Georgia and Toledo, OH are directly off I-75

They do look very much alike.

Oops! Sorry, I missed where it said the unidentified victim was found along I-75 in the first place!

If you think you have a match, no matter how sure or unsure you are, you can send it to doenetwork, and they are really good about getting back to you on whether it has been explored already, or not, Rocky is very kind and helpful with that. Then you can have an idea, what is already checked, just email them, it's really easy and they are very kind, whether or not it is a match.

Suzanne , I didn't ask yet. I was waiting to see what anyone thought. I thought it could be a match . I couldn't find much about Minish. Even if you submit it they can't tell you anything or won't because they have to look into it further.1987 is a long time ago. It could be anyone's guess.

Hi
You probably need to just call the law enforcement directly.It does look like a good match.DNA comparison takes awhile.But they can always check dental if they have them on both.

suzanne

She may have left the car when it got the flat and someone came after her and broke in with a tire iron. I know it sounds dumb why not just brake the window but my hubby's truck was broken into a week after my car (Very MAD) but the use a crowbar or something to pry the door open rather than break the glass. Talk about a repair bill. I could see her hitching a ride after she got the flat leaving the car and like ihadcabinfever said if she was picked up by a trucker held and dumped is could be her. I know they have caught a few truckers who have kidnapped, raped and murdered. They are harder to catch and link to crimes because the LE don't see the link between the crimes like they would if all the victims were in the same city.

I often wonder why more information is not available, such as with height and weight for Becky? Did I miss the information? If it is 5 piercings in one ear, this would be a good detail to have for making a match. With so many people missing and unidentified, I wonder why there isn't more info listed to help make a match?

Hi
I have a very strong and special interest in this Unidentified Jane Doe.I know there was a discussion awhile back.If this could be Becky Minish.Did anyone find out more about this?I don't think there was dental on becky.I am not sure though.In this article it says she could be a street person?This bothers me.She appeared too well groomed to me to be a street person.Do they know where the rug she was wrapped in or the pool cover could have came from?Does anyone know or can find out the name of the Auto body shop it use to be?What else was near there or any more on this Jane Doe found?

Plain Dealer,
The Cleveland, OH
June 30, 1997
Edition: FINAL / LAKE
Section: METRO
Page: 5B

IDENTITY OF WOMAN FOUND DEAD A LONGTIME MYSTERY IN TOLEDO
Author: ROBIN ERB THE BLADE
Dateline: TOLEDO

Do I remind you of someone?
The reconstruction of her smiling face has prompted that same question for years, but no one has been able to offer answers to Jane Doe, officially known as Lucas County coroner's case No. A270-87.
She is the county's only unidentified female death case and has become one of the area's longest-running mysteries. Today, exactly 10 years since her burning body was found in an alley near Detroit Ave. and Collingwood Blvd., investigators have more questions than answers.
The woman, estimated to be 16 to 21 years old, was wrapped in a tan tweed carpet and a pool cover, thrown into a bunch of weeds behind an abandoned auto body shop, and doused with gasoline. A passing motorist found her body, which was charred and decomposed beyond recognition.
She probably died of a cocaine overdose several days earlier, the coroner's office said. The body showed no signs of trauma or injury besides those caused by the fire.
Authorities believe those who were with her panicked and dumped her body, but investigators haven't ruled out homicide.
"We just didn't have any answers to those questions," Coroner James Patrick said.
Jane Doe was Caucasian, possibly having some American Indian in her ancestry. She was 5 feet 4 to 5 feet 8, of slender build, with blond or light brown hair. She had several pearl earrings in each ear, bright pink polish on her toenails and finger nails, and wore Jordache jeans.
Her dental work was unusual in that her front teeth were straight, but her lower first molars and upper right molar had been extracted when she was young.
Most likely, forensic anthropologist Julie Saul said, Jane Doe had a beautiful smile.
In the basement of the county coroner's office, Jane Doe's skull sits on a laboratory shelf where Julie Saul and her husband, Frank, see her every day.
The couple, forensic anthropologists who work for the coroner's office, might be the only possible link to Jane Doe's identity.
The Sauls have taken their search for her name far beyond their Arlington Ave. lab. When they travel on lectures, they carry a picture of Jane Doe with them and study the faces on all the missing-persons posters they can find.
They watch shows like "America's Most Wanted" and "Unsolved Mysteries" for clues.
Inquiries have come from as far away as New Jersey, Tennessee, Texas, Pennsylvania, and Arizona.
But time and time again, dental records and other identifiers have become dead ends, leading the Sauls back to the same questions.
Where was she from? Why did she die? Why would someone set her on fire and dump her body?
In 1991, frustrated by dead-end computer searches, the Sauls turned Jane Doe's skull over to Amy Sanderson, a forensic scientist at the Michigan State Police crime lab in East Lansing, Mich.
Anderson used clay, complicated anthropological formulas, and a bit of artistic guesswork to reconstruct Jane Doe's face.
Investigators put posters of the reconstructed face in police stations across the region.
A cartoon-like speech bubble connected to her face asks: "Do I remind you of someone?"
Today, thistles, tall grass, and flowers grow behind a former auto-body shop where a North Toledo man found the smoking body on June 16, 1987.
Detective Tom Ross, the lead investigator on the case, returned to the site recently - on a muggy, partly overcast morning much like the one 10 years ago when the body was found.
Investigators had searched the area extensively, including the weeds and roof of the body shop. They interviewed neighbors. They tried to match their Jane Doe with women missing from other states.
In the end, they came up with nothing. Her file was long ago shelved in the dusty basement of the Safety Building downtown.
The case gnaws at Ross, who has spent more than two decades solving Toledo homicides, meticulously recording each one in a three-ring binder.
He theorizes that the woman might have been institutionalized for years in an orphanage or a similar facility. Perhaps she was released, turned to drugs, and was forever lost to the streets. Under those circumstances, he said, she probably would have no relatives and no one to miss her.
"I still think of her every once in a while," he said. "I still wonder. I don't know if we'll ever find answers. There's always a chance."
The Sauls have not given up hope either. Anthropologists, Frank Saul said, must steel themselves against becoming personally involved with their subjects.
But as Julie Saul handles Jane Doe's skull, her fingers tracing the eye sockets and teeth, it is with more than clinical curiosity.
"The last thing we can do for anybody is to identify them and understand why they died," she said, shaking her head.
How sad it must be to die without loved ones, she ponders aloud. How sad it is not to know where loved ones have gone.
The Sauls would not say where Jane Doe's remains were buried. Frank Saul said he prefers to think of her grave not as Jane Doe's final destination, but as a temporary resting place until she can be buried with family.
"We want to offer something to her next of kin, give them some resolution," Frank Saul said.
"It's a matter of respect. You have to keep trying - you must."

http://icaremissingpersonscoldcases.yuku.com/topic/816

Hi
If anyone knows more on her or what happened please let me know.

suzanne

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redeworker
Back