GUILTY NY - Linda Stein, 62, murdered in her 5th Ave apartment, NYC, 30 Oct 2007

Taximom

Former Member
Reaction score
Linda Stein's assistant is suspected in her murder

http://www.kget.com/mostpopular/story.aspx?content_id=918bad32-625d-4866-b105-1bbba3858df1

Former Ramones manager Linda Stein's personal assistant is to be questioned by police investigating her murder.
Stein, 62, was found dead in the kitchen of her New York apartment on Tuesday night.
Raul Diaz Bernal, who worked as Stein's assistant at brokerage firm Prudential Douglas Elliman, tells The New York Daily News he is scheduled to meet with police for questioning. (more at link)

Well, I'm glad it didn't turn out that her own daughter killed her!

I was just reading about all of this taximom. She seemed like a really neat lady, it is such a shame someone did this to her. Also her daughter found her, the poor woman will never get that image of her mom out of her head. It seems like it had to be someone she knew and let into her apartment, considering the security and doorman in her building.

To my very dearest Taximom,:blowkiss:
Thank-you for the thread.

All of my Love and Respect to you,
dark_shadows

She led a remarkable life. I know her daughter is distraught now, but I am sure her mother left her with wonderful memories over the years to hopefully fade the last one.

How stupid can this assistant be if he is the one who did this? A doorman, cameras, etc.?!?! No way he can have any kind of defense on this one.

Today's NYPost says her former assistant and ex-boyfriend were both cleared (they didn't appear on surveillance videos.

I wonder who was on the surveillance video if they were not. Maybe the have a new suspect.

I sure don't understand the mystery here. If there was that much security and video, you'd think this would be the easiest case to solve!

I wish I could change the title of this thread since the assistant has been cleared!

NEW YORK — The personal assistant of "Realtor to the Stars" Linda Stein has been arrested by New York police in her murder.

A police spokesman wouldn't immediately provide the assistant's name to FOXNews, but published reports are identifying her as Natavia Lowery of Brooklyn.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,309957,00.html

Marijuana smoke and derogatory language allegedly pushed the assistant of 'real estate broker to the stars' Linda Stein to kill her, police said Friday.

Natavia Lowery, 26, told police Stein threw a stick at her after cursing and blowing smoke in the assistant's face. Lowery allegedly picked up the stick and struck her boss "six or seven" times, New York City Police Chief Raymond Kelly said at a press conference.

Lowery was arrested Friday and is charged with second-degree murder.

Police are still searching for the murder weapon, which Kelly described as two pieces of wood, connected by some type of cord.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,309957,00.html

Something tells me this will never make it as a Disney movie.

Who has two pieces of wood connected by a cord just laying around? Isn't that a garrote? Not sure about the spelling. Anyway, sounds premeditated to me with that as the weapon.

She called it a yoga stick in the interview I read, but it sounds more like a nunchuck...used in karate and the like.

She called it a yoga stick in the interview I read, but it sounds more like a nunchuck...used in karate and the like.

I was thinking a nunchuck, too. They are made out of wood and connected by a chain; although i'm sure some are connected by a rope, etc. My prayers for her family, at least they got the killer.

Atty: Male DNA found in NY broker's sink

http://www.idahostatesman.com/apentertainment/story/333916.html

snip

NEW YORK — Real estate agent and punk rock pioneer Linda Stein's blood was spattered around her penthouse after she was bludgeoned to death, but not a drop was found on the clothes of the personal assistant charged with her murder, a defense lawyer said.

Male DNA also was mingled with Stein's blood in a bathroom sink - suggesting her killer was a man, not the female assistant, the attorney argued.
The former aide, Natavia Lowery, was due in court Wednesday for a hearing.
Her attorney, Ronald Kuby, said the information about the male DNA was in a Jan. 11 medical examiner's report that prosecutors sent to him. He suggested in a letter Tuesday to Manhattan state Supreme Court Justice Micki Scherer that the unknown man likely left the DNA while cleaning up after killing Stein. Medical examiner's office spokeswoman Ellen Borakove and Manhattan district attorney's office spokeswoman Barbara Thompson declined to comment.

from one media report it is just a speck of male blood, which may have nothing to do with the murder, or it could be the murderers,
the jury will get all the facts to decide the case,

From February 2010:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/24/nyregion/24stein.html

The personal assistant of Linda S. Stein, who had managed the Ramones and was a real estate agent for celebrities, was convicted on Tuesday of second-degree murder in the bludgeoning death of Ms. Stein in October 2007.

The jurors reached their verdict against the personal assistant, Natavia S. Lowery, about five hours after they began deliberations in State Supreme Court in Manhattan. Ms. Lowery, 28, was also convicted of charges that she stole tens of thousands of dollars from Ms. Stein.

From May 2010:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/04/nyregion/04lowery.html?_r=0

Justice Carruthers sentenced Ms. Lowery, 28, to 25 years to life in prison for bludgeoning Ms. Stein to death on Oct. 30, 2007. He also imposed maximum sentences for her conviction on charges of larceny, forgery and identity theft, to be served after she completes her sentence for murder, meaning it would be about 27 years before she is eligible for parole.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suesleuth
Back